Thread: Some Rangas

Thanks

Default Some Rangas

Here is a Ranga Acrylic 4CS in Red Cracked Ice, with a Sheaffer Imperial inlaid nib, Ranga Aerometric Duofold Ebonite in Green, with the Wality nib removed and replaced with one from a Lucky Curve, and my newest one, a nice Ranga Ebonite #8 Torpedo in Matte Black, which I bought nibless and put in a black oxide JoWo from MeisterNibs.com.

The #8 is really nicely done, very pleasant to hold. The two Ebonites both have the matte "Bakul" finish, but the finish on the #8 is brushed lengthwise and the effect is a lot like the Lamy 2000.

The 4CS and the #8 were from Peyton Street Pens and the green ebonite was directly from Ranga's eBay store.

3ranga.JPGranga-capped.JPGranga-group.JPGranga-uncapped.JPGred-ranga-uncapped.JPG

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gbryal For This Useful Post:

amk (April 18th, 2016), countrydirt (February 15th, 2022), datainadequate (January 9th, 2017), eachan (January 31st, 2022), rpsyed (April 23rd, 2016), Yazeh (January 31st, 2022)

Thanks

Default Re: Some Rangas

A lovely lot of Rangas! I have a couple of the 'Duofolds' - lovely pens. I love the 'torpedo'. You've put some thought into matching the nib to the pen and it shows.

Thanks

In this blog post we will be going over how to OCR documents. As the company who built the most advanced and reliable OCR engine, we have strong Site about what makes a great OCR product. So I'm going to give you a rundown of some of the lesser known tools available for OCR and review them in comparison with our own.

Thanks

Very nice pens and I did not kmow Ranga made acrylic pens too. I have never been too sure about the quality of the Wality. I have a Duofold style with an Ambitious fine nib and it writes very nicely. The only thing with Ranga is they have massively hiked their prices since the net hiked interest in Indian pens.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 637 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matteob View Post
    Very nice pens and I did not kmow Ranga made acrylic pens too. I have never been too sure about the quality of the Wality. I have a Duofold style with an Ambitious fine nib and it writes very nicely. The only thing with Ranga is they have massively hiked their prices since the net hiked interest in Indian pens.
    I think they raised their prices mostly due to increased shipping costs/complexities.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lloyd For This Useful Post:

BayesianPrior (February 7th, 2022)

Thanks

Just picked up a Ranga Zayante Z2 from Peyton Street Pens in the red/black ripple ebonite.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Brad "Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

899 W Broadway, San Diego, CA, 92132, USA
    Thanks

Who would have thought 5 years ago that they would also be appreciated, but it turns out how!

Thanks

Ranga has continued to release new models and new materials, so that might be why they continue to be appreciated and gain new fans. That plus the price to value relationship!

We've been working with them for over 10 years now, and I think we can take a teeny bit of credit for their popularization. We've seen their pens evolve from eyedroppers with cheap nibs, to cartridge/converter pens with a huge variety of nib options. They are a very well run company!
    Teri Morris
    Owner, PEYTON STREET PENS
    www.peytonstreetpens.com

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to terim For This Useful Post:

evanhouseman (September 16th, 2022), Lloyd (September 15th, 2022), RWS (September 18th, 2022), SCPaul (February 28th, 2023)