Thread: Recommend me a nib

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Recommend me a nib

I just inked up my Esterbrook for the first time this week.

I really love the look and feel of this pen and everything seems to work really well mechanically.

But, I am less in love with the nib. It's a 9556 which according to an old chart I found is supposed to be "Fine, firm".

Me, I have found that I really want/need/love EX/Fine nibs - the one on my Parker 25 is so far, quite honestly, the only fountain pen nib I like and the only pen I use regularly. I love how it writes and both in terms of line width and wetness (or lack of it).

Having said that...I would of course like to USE some of my other pens...such as the Esterbrook J.

I attached some photos below that maybe can illustrate a bit about what I seek
    (The paper is a Calepino notbook and the squares on the paper is about 5x5 mm).

Note: I know everyone is different about what type of nibs they like so the below is of course just my own personal preferences and by no means am I slamming wider/wetter nibs/pens - it's just a reflection of what I personally like/dislike.

First time I wrote with it...it was... "Ugh, it's just like the Parker 51 that I dislike so much"

So, I picked up my Parker 51 and 25 and did a one page of comparisons...

Based on the above is there a (9*** preferably) nib that would get me closer to the writing shown with the Parker 25?

Thanks and appreciate any input/suggestions
    Last edited by Darkbulb; April 21st, 2016 at 04:18 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darkbulb For This Useful Post:

Mr. Reader (April 22nd, 2016), Pira (April 24th, 2016)