Thread: Historical Resources for Conklin Pens?

Thanks

Default Historical Resources for Conklin Pens?

Does anyone happen to know of any books or online resources with "penographies" of vintage Conklin pens and their evolution? I'm acquainted with the overviews one finds on sites like penhero and richardspens, but was looking for something more along the lines of Waterman: Past and Present by Lehrer and Davis or parkerpens.net. Even links to histories of particular models would be helpful.

Thanks

Default Re: Historical Resources for Conklin Pens?

The Conklin legacy by Alfonso Mur Bohigas

ISBN, 978-84-616-5732-2

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wahl For This Useful Post:

popcod (April 24th, 2016)

Thanks

Wow – precisely what I was looking for. Thank you! Do you own this one yourself? I'm wondering about what the proportion of text to photography is, more or less. Still would appreciate any online leads too if anyone has em to share.
    aka Estragon (FPN); popcodswallop (Reddit)

WANTED: Vintage Pens with White Trim! –> Sheaffer: OS Balance w/ reverse trim (grey/red vein); Balance (grey/red fleck) | First-Yr Crest (silver cap); Canadian Balance 5-30 (roseglow, ebonized pearl, green) | Waterman: Lady Patricia (persian) | Wahl-Eversharp: Half Coronet (rhodium cap); Doric (Cathay); Skyline (SS/Sterling Cap) | Rebadged Parkers from Diamond Medal and Webster (silver web, pinstripe, etc.)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,116 Times in 576 Posts

Dave Glass and Pete Kirby come to mind.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by popcod View Post
    Wow – precisely what I was looking for. Thank you! Do you own this one yourself? I'm wondering about what the proportion of text to photography is, more or less. Still would appreciate any online leads too if anyone has em to share.
    I do own the book, nº6 out of 300, first print, the author is a friend of mine and has one of the two largest collections of Conklin FP´s, in the world.
    It´s a large book, 318 pages, 12 1/2 by 9 inches. I would say proportion of text to photography 40/60.

If you collect Conklins it´s a "must have" !

http://www.pensandfriends.com/en/boo...in-legacy.html

Thanks

My gawd, that sure is a real humdinger of a tome! And on sale at FPH too . The only FP book in my possession is Lambrou's Fountain Pens of the World. Really tempted to expand my library now – especially given the paucity of info online.
    aka Estragon (FPN); popcodswallop (Reddit)

WANTED: Vintage Pens with White Trim! –> Sheaffer: OS Balance w/ reverse trim (grey/red vein); Balance (grey/red fleck) | First-Yr Crest (silver cap); Canadian Balance 5-30 (roseglow, ebonized pearl, green) | Waterman: Lady Patricia (persian) | Wahl-Eversharp: Half Coronet (rhodium cap); Doric (Cathay); Skyline (SS/Sterling Cap) | Rebadged Parkers from Diamond Medal and Webster (silver web, pinstripe, etc.)