Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Greg Minuskin Service. NG.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 786 Posts

Default Re: Greg Minuskin Service. NG.

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith42 View Post
    You have succeeded in informing not only Greg, but many others, as to what type of buyer you are capable of being.
    Yes, indeed. He's capable of delivering on 10-15 untroubled transactions, even when there are some problems that he solves himself, before the first complaint. I'll happily sell to that kind of buyer!

And yeah, I do take your point. If I'm tempted to be an ass about something, I'll keep in mind that he might go public. I make that assumption, anyway, in any of my dealings, so it really doesn't affect me, I don't think.
    --
    Mike

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mhosea For This Useful Post:

Flounder (May 5th, 2016), penwash (May 5th, 2016), stub (May 5th, 2016), TSherbs (May 5th, 2016)

Thanks

You have succeeded in informing not only Greg, but many others, as to what type of buyer you are capable of being.
    1. I sang Greg's praises over his excellent craftsmanship, recommended him to others, when the service seemed fair and good and still am in this thread in a way, only now it is mitigated by the terrible after service. I wrote, what turned out to be a testimonial (he posted it on his site) for his handiwork. It goes both ways. I am a pretty good customer to have when treated nicely. I have bought from a LOT of folks on here and sold many pens too. Pretty good with the rep I have.

2. He had ample opportunity to work with me privately to resolve this and this thread would not have happened. It would have been super easy. A no-brainer really. All I wanted was a repair or a return for credit, I would NOT have even wanted a refund and never asked for one.

3. I have bought from a LOT Of people (many I mentioned) over the years and have never given anyone an ounce of trouble.

I didn't start this thread lightly. I caused me some grief but I am okay with what I did here.

Again:

Forum: Market Feedback
    Share your experience, good or bad, with a company, restorer, or nibmeister

That's what I done did.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stub For This Useful Post:

cajunphil (September 25th, 2016), penwash (May 5th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,714 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by penwash View Post
    I'm a bit surprised that some here rose up in Greg's defense, I would say, with a rather personal tone.
    I went looking for statements (of any tone) offered in Greg's defense... couldn't find them... found a couple of positive counterpoint experiences, but no defenses...
    You may not find them, but I did.
    That's why I said in the beginning of my post: I observed.

Whether my observation is correct or incorrect, I'll leave it to all the readers of this thread. And yes, to your point, it could be reflected in my credibility in this forum. But since I tried to make a fair observation (I should think), I am not too worried about that.
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stub View Post
    1. I sang Greg's praises over his excellent craftsmanship, recommended him to others, when the service seemed fair and good and still am in this thread in a way, only now it is mitigated by the terrible after service. I wrote, what turned out to be a testimonial (he posted it on his site) for his handiwork. It goes both ways. I am a pretty good customer to have when treated nicely. I have bought from a LOT of folks on here and sold many pens too. Pretty good with the rep I have.

2. He had ample opportunity to work with me privately to resolve this and this thread would not have happened. It would have been super easy. A no-brainer really. All I wanted was a repair or a return for credit, I would NOT have even wanted a refund and never asked for one.

3. I have bought from a LOT Of people (many I mentioned) over the years and have never given anyone an ounce of trouble.

I didn't start this thread lightly. I caused me some grief but I am okay with what I did here.

Again:

Forum: Market Feedback
    Share your experience, good or bad, with a company, restorer, or nibmeister

That's what I done did.
    Also, "Remember, customers have a reputation among restorers just like restorers have a reputation among customers."

Thanks

Also, "Remember, customers have a reputation among restorers just like restorers have a reputation among customers."
    I understood that the first time you said it.

Edited to add:

There is a person on this board who sold me a Oversized Crest Vac-fil, and restored 4 pens for me (a Statesman II, a Brown Striated Desk Pen, a Triumph Wideband and an OS Balance) and who currently has a Clipper Snorkel I own on his work bench.

I bought 2 or 3 pens form Rick Propas, 6 pens from Tom Kaczs, a recent purchase from Terri over at Peyton pens, one at nibs.com and maybe 5 or 6 pens from Mike at Fountain pen recycler and a couple restores by Danny Fudge and 2 pens from Farmersmums on fpn.

Several pens from Charles Krantz on here too.

Then there are the maybe 20 pens or so I have sold on here and FPN in the last several months and assorted one-off purchases here, fpn and reddit as well and trades that if i think hard on can maybe recall.

If someone I trust wants to be an impartial arbitrator I can back channel them my real name and you can ask these folks if I am a pain in the ass customer or some kind of fucking wacko.

Pretty confident my rep is solid.
    Last edited by stub; May 5th, 2016 at 08:54 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to stub For This Useful Post:

cajunphil (September 25th, 2016)

Thanks

Already regret that last response. But whatever. Not the content of it but not leaving off where I intended.
    At a certain point you need to just walk away and and move on. I had a good offramp a few posts back I should have taken.

I am gonna try to leave this here. I really feel like this has run it's course. I stand behind what I wrote. But honestly I have work to do and stuff going on in meatspace that I want to get back to including some actual writing, reading, etc. .. many things more rewarding that trying to win some internet pissing contest. I made my point.

I bought a box of Waterman carts. I'll try that meantime lord knows I have enough Sheaffers & Parkers to ink up and use and that's what I plan to do.

Worst case I am stuck with a broken pen and lost one of my best sources of pens and nib grinds but I am pretty sure the world will keep turning.

rock on pen nerds.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to stub For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (May 5th, 2016), cajunphil (September 25th, 2016), Flounder (May 5th, 2016), Hawk (May 5th, 2016), penwash (June 7th, 2016), scrivelry (May 9th, 2016), TSherbs (May 5th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,422 Posts

Sounds like you got sold a pen not as advertised and not worth the money you paid for it and defective. Any/all sellers should take this back, at least for a store credit. This is pretty simple. I have never heard of so much hassle over a return. Truly, never. Except now, I have heard it for the first time, so I can't say "never" any more. I have bought three pens from individuals, and thus far they each have said, "Send it back to me if you have any serious issues with the pen."

But I will say that you have purchased pens from a lot ("a lot" from my point of view) of individual sellers, and I consider you bound to run into a bad sell. I just wouldn't have expected this level of resistance. Oh, well. Sorry!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

fpgal (May 8th, 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Sometimes two people do a good job repairing pens, but one of them is better than the other at the art of communication and customer satisfaction.

I don't think it is too much more complicated than that. Unfortunate, yes; frustrating, certainly, but not particularly complex. And we all need a place to vent, and it can be done here.
    Top truth, Jon.

It would seem Mr. Minuskin is both hard working and talented, however, buying and selling are contractual agreements governed by law, and a certain care, respect, and maturity must be demonstrated by both parties.

In the UK we have 'distance selling regulations' (which give a right to cancel and refund) and trading standards, after which we also have the oft forgotten recourse to simple suit for breach of contract.
    Last edited by SIR; June 7th, 2016 at 12:49 AM.