Thread: FS: 2 PARKER VACUMATIC JRs – SHADOW WAVE & GREEN MARBLE

Thanks

Default FINAL REDUCTION: 2 Vacumatics: Shadow Wave + Green Marble

A couple of nice Parker Vacumatic Juniors from the 30s to offer today. Both pens have been fully disassembled, cleaned, and outfitted with new diaphragms in the last month so they fill as designed and will make for a couple of great writers.

1. 1939 Parker Vacumatic Jr. Shadow Wave (Golden Pearl). This is the full-sized model (not the smaller, slender one), measuring a hair under 5" capped and 5 3/4" posted. One of the scarcer Vac designs, the Shadow Wave variant was only available from 1938 to 1942. The date code on this pen, which matches the one on the barrel, indicates that it was manufactured in the 2nd quarter of 1939. The nib is a smooth, wet, semi-flexible EF/F that gives nice shading and some line variation when flexed (putting down what I'd gauge as a M/B line) (see writing sample below). The Shadow Waves had great barrel transparency, and this one is no exception (see photo).

Condition: All parts are present and correct. It is equipped with a lockdown filler that was recently restored to full functionality and smooth operation (tested for a month). All threads are sound. The transparency is excellent, with the breather tube clearly visible (see photo) – as is the ink level when filled. The trim is in unusually fine condition, entirely free of brassing on the cap bands and clip but for a tiny bit of high-point wear at the bottom of the arrow and a fine sliver on the blind cap tassie. Deep, fully legible imprint and crisply pointed jewels. No chips or cracks. But there is an unobtrusive personal engraving ("E.F. Anderson") that has been professionally applied to the barrel. The heat-stamp is so shallow that one might even be able to buff it out without impacting the shape of the barrel - but I'll leave this to the buyer's discretion as I don't remove engravings.

Price: SOLD

2. 1935 Parker Vacumatic Jr. in Green Marble. Also the full-sized model (not the smaller, slender variant), measuring a hair under 5" capped and 5 3/4" posted. Matching date codes of '45' on the barrel and nib, which I assume dates this pen to 1935 since this color was only available from '34-'38. This one also has a smooth, wetter, yet slightly less flexible nib which is more of a F/M w/out pressure and M/B when pressure is applied (see writing sample).

Condition: Exceptional on the whole. All parts are present and correct. No chips, cracks, or personalized engravings. Fully legible imprint. All threads are sound. No brassing whatsoever to the trim but for a tiny sliver on the blind cap tassie. This pen also comes equipped with a lockdown filler, which has recently been restored to full functionality and smooth operation (also given a one month test drive). The transparency (see photo) isn't quite as good as the Shadow Wave, being more ambered in comparison. But there are nice transparent sections between the green marble portions where the breather tube is visible.

Price: (was $150) NOW $100 (plus $7.00 shipping via USPS Priority with tracking to CONUS locations; please inquire into costs if located elsewhere)

Payment & Guarantee: Pen is placed on hold for the first person to PM me with firm request to purchase. But if I haven't received Paypal payment in 24 hrs, then it becomes available to the next person. All my pens are guaranteed to be in the condition in which I've described them. If I've missed something or the filling mechanism is not fully functional, then the buyer may return the pen by contacting me up to 7 days after receiving it. I've only recently gotten back into the hobby to find all these new message boards, but the Classifieds and Historical Sales forums on FPN for some of my previous sales (username: Estragon).
    Last edited by popcod; June 6th, 2016 at 09:43 PM.
    aka Estragon (FPN); popcodswallop (Reddit)

WANTED: Vintage Pens with White Trim! –> Sheaffer: OS Balance w/ reverse trim (grey/red vein); Balance (grey/red fleck) | First-Yr Crest (silver cap); Canadian Balance 5-30 (roseglow, ebonized pearl, green) | Waterman: Lady Patricia (persian) | Wahl-Eversharp: Half Coronet (rhodium cap); Doric (Cathay); Skyline (SS/Sterling Cap) | Rebadged Parkers from Diamond Medal and Webster (silver web, pinstripe, etc.)

Thanks

Default Re: REDUCED: 2 Vacumatics: Shadow Wave + Green Marble

Weekend bump for reductions.

WANTED: Vintage Pens with White Trim! –> Sheaffer: OS Balance w/ reverse trim (grey/red vein); Balance (grey/red fleck) | First-Yr Crest (silver cap); Canadian Balance 5-30 (roseglow, ebonized pearl, green) | Waterman: Lady Patricia (persian) | Wahl-Eversharp: Half Coronet (rhodium cap); Doric (Cathay); Skyline (SS/Sterling Cap) | Rebadged Parkers from Diamond Medal and Webster (silver web, pinstripe, etc.)

Thanks

Further reductions for the weekend.

Thanks

Reduced again for the weekend! Roughly 25% off original price now.

Thanks

Final reductions - pay $200+ for these pens in similar condition at vacumania and other online retailers or get them here for less than half the price.
    Last edited by popcod; May 29th, 2016 at 01:17 PM.