Thread: I would love some opinions and pictures of some Conid TI Flattop Clear

Thanks

Default I would love some opinions and pictures of some Conid TI Flattop Clear

I have been dreaming and drooling over a Conid Bulkfiller TI Flattop and its been my grail pen for a while. I'm thinking with some luck I might be able to afford one by the end of the year and it will be pretty much my only pen purchase the rest of this year (minus maybe a TWSBI VacMini). I would love to hear others opinions about them if you own one. I was thinking about getting the Titanium Fine or EF nib.

There isnt alot of photos of them out there and I would love to see some of yours if you dont mind posting some pictures.

The other pen I was considering but is edged out by the Conid is a a Visconti Homesapien Dark Ages. If anyone has thoughts about them both I would love to hear it which you prefer or comparing the two (even though they are very different).

Thanks

Default Re: I would love some opinions and pictures of some Conid TI Flattop Clear

I do not have a flat-top clear Conid bulkfiller, but a streamline and a minimalistica pi. the nib performance and ease of filling out perform the Homo Sapiens that i have by far. In particular the HS had to go back to Florence as I have never been able to fill it satisfactorily to its capacity. There is no means of checking that the HS fills unless you buy the florentine hills, which is see through. No such problems with the two Bulkfillers. I have both steel and titanium nibs on the Conids and they are excellent. I would rate them as superb quality and among the best out there. Vera

Thanks

Default Re: I would love some opinions and pictures of some Conid TI Flattop Clear

I have the original Bulkfiller flattop with fine Steel and Titanium nibs. I love the pen as my favorite user and holder. I prefer the titanium. It is not really a flex nib for someone who bears down hard but is great for someone with a light touch.
    The steel nib is also nice. I had to find a balance for which ink is best in the pen for flow, and ended up loving Aurora black the best for a rich flow.
    The pen is really adjustable, so you may need a little time to find its sweet spots. But worth it. And you can try any #6 nib.
    I love the flattop and being able to see the ink flow. I won't be able to pictures for almost a week, but will do ASAP.
    I would get a second one if I had the dough.
    Fortibus es in ero

Thanks

Default I would love some opinions and pictures of some Conid TI Flattop Clear

Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius View Post
    I have the original Bulkfiller flattop with fine Steel and Titanium nibs. I love the pen as my favorite user and holder. I prefer the titanium. It is not really a flex nib for someone who bears down hard but is great for someone with a light touch.
    The steel nib is also nice. I had to find a balance for which ink is best in the pen for flow, and ended up loving Aurora black the best for a rich flow.
    The pen is really adjustable, so you may need a little time to find its sweet spots. But worth it. And you can try any #6 nib.
    I love the flattop and being able to see the ink flow. I won't be able to pictures for almost a week, but will do ASAP.
    I would get a second one if I had the dough.
    One thing that impresses me a lot is the fact I can't find and haven't ever seen one for sell used. That tells me that the people that get them must really love and enjoy them.

The pen just ticks all my boxes for the perfect pen: demonstrator, soft nib, squared/flat top design, quality materials, larger diameter grip section. My birthday is the end of January I hope to maybe get one order near the end of the year and have it for my birthday or if nothing else order it in my birthday but due to the cost it will be pretty much my only other pen purchase this year and a stretch over my budget to boot... Wife is going to call m crazy and shake her head at me