Thread: Chronodex

Thanks
    Thanked 6,443 Times in 2,523 Posts

Default Chronodex

I looked at this for sale listing for a Chronodex stamp, and then did research. I just cannot get my mind around the Chronodex, try as I might after reading the originator's webpages.

Does anyone else fail to understand it?

Fred

Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 1,648 Posts

Default Re: Chronodex

I had to study up a bit when I saw a listing a year or so ago. It seems to be a way for "visual thinkers" ( someone supply the correct term if I have this wrong) to arrange and plan their day on paper. Since I have a different model number brain and do this on a matrix in my head, it also took me a while to see the purpose of it.
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

Thanks

It's basically a clock face that you can allot times of the day to certain tasks. Sort of a circular daily gantt chart but much less flexible. A time management tool for those that can't manage time without aids.

The most common way of using one is to create a color coded legend of tasks and color the wedges accordingly. If you finish a task and there's still time available you can use the remaining time for candy crush.

It doesn't work at all for free form thinkers or those with dynamic tasks.

Thanks

I've been using the chronodex system from the 2nd half of 2015 onwards and I've gotten quite hooked to it.

I initially downloaded the PDF version of the 6-month printable planner, printed it and bound it together using dental floss and started using it, developing my own method for organizing information about meetings and schedules as I went.

The way I've done it is, I use two lines to write details of my meeting, line 1: subject of the meeting, and line 2: meeting details, call-in numbers, room numbers, meeting id's etc. Then I draw a line between the two pieces of information and then make an 'S' curve or a 'Z' curve up to, or down to the slice of time on the chronodex clock which I create outlines on, and shade with lines, preferably with a different color ink.

It takes a bit of getting used to, and it might not work well at all for some folks who have a more dynamic schedule.

By November/December of 2015 I was so dependent on my chronodex planner that I was waiting with baited breath to download the next 6 months PDF from the scription/chronodex site.

After that I went out on my own and started experimenting making my own chronodex booklet.

I printed out a dot grid ruling on a sheet of paper and also had a custom rubber stamp made with chronodex clock face on it and created my own pages. Getting a custom stamp made for this online and shipped to me was a leap of faith, but the folks I used were legit and they assured me that the stamp will be exactly what I will approve and I will not receive anything other than what the proof copy shows. I was quite pleased with the result and it wasn't that expensive either.

Now I use the rubber stamp to create chronodex imprints on the pages of my hobonichi planner and I quite like using it that way. I use the stamp-a-majig to lay down with extreme precision, the imprint in exactly the right spot.

Lastly, for me, filling out my daily chronodex every morning, or several days ahead so I have my week planned out, is an activity I really look forward to. It grounds me and on a very tangible level, puts me in connection with the day's activities. I'm not being "chirped" at by my phone or my smart watch regarding an upcoming meeting, without having anything more tangible than that.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,290 Times in 837 Posts

I have been intrigued with the system as well and have yet to try it.

But I really do want to give it a go one day.