Thread: Lamy Safari feed replace

Thanks

Default Lamy Safari feed replace

Hello all. How do I remove the feed on my Lamy Safari. Also, can I buy a feed from somewhere?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Thanks

Default Re: Lamy Safari feed replace

Why do you think the feed needs replacing?

The Safari is plastic, so you can soak the section and feed forever and a day if you need to, and use an ultrasonic cleaner if you have one. So if the feed being dirty is a problem, I'd try that first.

If, however, some bad thing has happened to a good pen and part of the feed broke off, that is another story. Did you try contacting Lamy? Do they sell replacement feeds?

If not, you either need to find someone with a feed from some Safari that broke and they do not intend to fix it, or you could try seeing if the feed from the Hero 359 will fit in the Lamy Safari. The nibs will fit, but the caps won't. Since it's the feed the nibs sit on, I suppose there is a chance the feeds will fit.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,021 Posts

Default Re: Lamy Safari feed replace

I would not advise removing the feed. But if you do so, do it very carefully. The feed only goes back one way and it can get stuck if you don't put it back precisely that way.

I'm in the US, and it used to be that Lamy USA service would only do a replacement of the entire section and nib unit. I have no idea if that's still the policy, or if Lamy Germany does the same.