Page 631 of 904 FirstFirst ... 131531581621629630631632633641681731 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,620 of 18074

Thread: guess the ink!

  1. #12601
    Senior Member DrPenfection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Nevada and beyond!
    Posts
    1,824
    Thanks
    517
    Thanked 704 Times in 372 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    PenBBS out of the clouds (386)
    Herbin Bleu Pervenche
    Akkerman 11 Treves Turquoise
    Taccia Sora
    R&K Blu Mare
    All very nice inks, but no to all.

  2. #12602
    Senior Member DrPenfection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Nevada and beyond!
    Posts
    1,824
    Thanks
    517
    Thanked 704 Times in 372 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Quote Originally Posted by BCDDiggler View Post
    bondi blue
    Another nice ink - although a bit dry for me. But this isn't the one.
    Last edited by DrPenfection; August 6th, 2021 at 01:09 PM.

  3. #12603
    Senior Member DrPenfection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Nevada and beyond!
    Posts
    1,824
    Thanks
    517
    Thanked 704 Times in 372 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    And, no, it isn't the same ink that I used last time.

    I think I may have said in the past that the majority of my inks are in some shade of blue.
    Last edited by DrPenfection; August 6th, 2021 at 01:16 PM.

  4. #12604
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    261
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 82 Times in 57 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Birmingham Pens Cornflower Blue?

    A glass pen?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #12605
    Senior Member DrPenfection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Nevada and beyond!
    Posts
    1,824
    Thanks
    517
    Thanked 704 Times in 372 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Quote Originally Posted by Radonactionservices View Post
    Birmingham Pens Cornflower Blue?
    This is a lovely ink, also a bit on the dry side. But, no, this is not the ink.

  6. #12606
    Senior Member DrPenfection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Nevada and beyond!
    Posts
    1,824
    Thanks
    517
    Thanked 704 Times in 372 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Quote Originally Posted by Radonactionservices View Post
    A glass pen?
    Many people use glass pens for ink testing, and there are some who actually write with them. This is the first time I have used a glass pen before. I don't think I will be writing much with it, but it is great for testing inks! It cleans very easily - just a quick swish in some water, dry it with a soft cloth and you are ready for the next ink.

  7. #12607
    Senior Member thi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    WA, USA
    Posts
    249
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 123 Times in 81 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Quote Originally Posted by DrPenfection View Post
    It just so happens that I was playing with my new glass dip pen last night and here are the results of my doodling. Here are the photos.!
    This looks like a fun way to play with new inks!

    Quote Originally Posted by DrPenfection View Post
    Thank you again Yazeh for giving up your turn. But, since you are the super swooper, I would imagine that you will figure this one out in short order. But, thi seems to have me dialed in, so . . .
    !
    Well thank you, but I know nothing...
    So I'm going to start simple!
    Sheaffer Skrip Turquoise
    Waterman Inspired Blue

  8. #12608
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    4,387
    Thanks
    3,957
    Thanked 1,490 Times in 746 Posts
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    @DrPenfection, most welcome, mizgeorge is the queen (and dare I say king) of ink guessers

    Monteverde Caribbean blue? Pelikan Topaz?

  9. #12609
    Senior Member DrPenfection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Nevada and beyond!
    Posts
    1,824
    Thanks
    517
    Thanked 704 Times in 372 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Quote Originally Posted by thi View Post
    This looks like a fun way to play with new inks!

    Quote Originally Posted by DrPenfection View Post
    Thank you again Yazeh for giving up your turn. But, since you are the super swooper, I would imagine that you will figure this one out in short order. But, thi seems to have me dialed in, so . . .
    !
    Well thank you, but I know nothing...
    So I'm going to start simple!
    Sheaffer Skrip Turquoise
    Waterman Inspired Blue
    I'm not so sure about that . . .

    But, regarding the ink guesses . . . nope ...

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to DrPenfection For This Useful Post:

    thi (August 6th, 2021)

  11. #12610
    Senior Member DrPenfection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Nevada and beyond!
    Posts
    1,824
    Thanks
    517
    Thanked 704 Times in 372 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    @DrPenfection, most welcome, mizgeorge is the queen (and dare I say king) of ink guessers

    Monteverde Caribbean blue? Pelikan Topaz?
    Neither, but both nice guesses.

  12. #12611
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    261
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 82 Times in 57 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Lamy Turmaline (mine looks a bit more greenish, but it could be my phone)?

    The glass pen is a neat idea. I have to find a better way to catalog the inks I use.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #12612
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    261
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 82 Times in 57 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Lamy Pacific Blue? (Not a newer ink though.)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #12613
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    261
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 82 Times in 57 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Noodlerís Liberty Elysium (sp?) but I think that was only from Gouletís.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #12614
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    261
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 82 Times in 57 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Reminds me of Pilot Iroshizuku Ama-Iro in the text, but the spots are perplexing and are too dark.

    I like Ecclesiastes 3 as well!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #12615
    Senior Member DrPenfection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Nevada and beyond!
    Posts
    1,824
    Thanks
    517
    Thanked 704 Times in 372 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Quote Originally Posted by Radonactionservices View Post
    Lamy Turmaline (mine looks a bit more greenish, but it could be my phone)?

    The glass pen is a neat idea. I have to find a better way to catalog the inks I use.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    No - it is more greenish

  17. #12616
    Senior Member DrPenfection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Nevada and beyond!
    Posts
    1,824
    Thanks
    517
    Thanked 704 Times in 372 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Quote Originally Posted by Radonactionservices View Post
    Lamy Pacific Blue? (Not a newer ink though.)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No. Not a Lamy ink.

  18. #12617
    Senior Member DrPenfection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Nevada and beyond!
    Posts
    1,824
    Thanks
    517
    Thanked 704 Times in 372 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Quote Originally Posted by Radonactionservices View Post
    Noodlerís Liberty Elysium (sp?) but I think that was only from Gouletís.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No. Liberty Elysium is much bluer and more saturated. It is specially made for Goulet Pens by Noodler's. And this is not a Noodler's ink.

  19. #12618
    Senior Member DrPenfection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Nevada and beyond!
    Posts
    1,824
    Thanks
    517
    Thanked 704 Times in 372 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Quote Originally Posted by Radonactionservices View Post
    Reminds me of Pilot Iroshizuku Ama-Iro in the text, but the spots are perplexing and are too dark.

    I like Ecclesiastes 3 as well!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Similar, but no. Ama Iro has more sheen than this ink.

  20. #12619
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    261
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 82 Times in 57 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Quote Originally Posted by DrPenfection View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Radonactionservices View Post
    Noodlerís Liberty Elysium (sp?) but I think that was only from Gouletís.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No. Liberty Elysium is much bluer and more saturated. It is specially made for Goulet Pens by Noodler's. And this is not a Noodler's ink.
    I had a little sample of this ink from Gouletís and it really wasnít my thing - feathered all over the place.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  21. #12620
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    261
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 82 Times in 57 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Pilot Iroshizuku Tsuyu-Kusa or Kon-Peki? (Probably not Kon-Peki, as mine doesnít look like that.)


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •