Page 838 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 338738788828836837838839840848888938 ... LastLast
Results 16,741 to 16,760 of 25303

Thread: guess the ink!

Thanks

Default Re: guess the ink!

Quote Originally Posted by DrPenfection View Post
    Well done, Darla!

Please, go ahead and put up a guess for us. You would have gotten there before me anyway (I just have a really fast processor).

And thank you mizgeorge! That was a lot of fun! But honestly, I would not have gotten it without your clue about Alexandrite. We've given several pieces of alexandrite jewelry to our daughter - which she loves.
    I'd be glad to put up an ink while you're traveling, DrP. It's still a few hours to go till midnight here and it's a quiet one with everything in lockdown. (Not like we ever do much on NYE anyway, but never mind that...) And my husband has just learned he has to work tomorrow, travelling into well below freezing temperatures in Edmonton....brrrrrrr... I think I'm fine here with our 13C......

be back shortly!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,312 Times in 2,275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    I actually missed all of the Russian czar and mineral clues while I was going through the Pure Pens site (also just finished dinner...). I figured it had to be either Cult Pens or Pure Pens and I wasn't having much luck on Cult Pens finding something with shimmer!
    It is ironic. I went through all pureness shimmer inks and didn't see it... And it took me 5 minutes for find it now.... take your time and relax...
    Unless you have something ready.... otherwise post it for next year....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,176 Times in 698 Posts

Ah, yes. It is getting on to that time of day/night for all of you.

So here is wishing you a

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
    GELUKKIG NIEUWJAAR!!!!
    BONNE ANNÉE!!!
    FROHES NEUES JAHR!!!
    HERI YA MWAKA MPYA!!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrPenfection For This Useful Post:

Darla (December 31st, 2021), Pterodactylus (December 31st, 2021), Yazeh (December 31st, 2021)

Thanks

Well done, Darla!

Please, go ahead and put up a guess for us. You would have gotten there before me anyway (I just have a really fast processor).

And thank you mizgeorge! That was a lot of fun! But honestly, I would not have gotten it without your clue about Alexandrite. We've given several pieces of alexandrite jewelry to our daughter - which she loves.
    I'd be glad to put up an ink while you're traveling, DrP. It's still a few hours to go till midnight here and it's a quiet one with everything in lockdown. (Not like we ever do much on NYE anyway, but never mind that...) And my husband has just learned he has to work tomorrow, travelling into well below freezing temperatures in Edmonton....brrrrrrr... I think I'm fine here with our 13C......

be back shortly!
    Poor fellow...
    https://www.weather.gc.ca/city/pages..._metric_e.html

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

Darla (December 31st, 2021)

Thanks

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrPenfection For This Useful Post:

mizgeorge (December 31st, 2021), Yazeh (December 31st, 2021)

Thanks

Well done, Darla!

be back shortly!
    Hmm, I thought you were in the Netherlands, not Canada. Obviously I missed something.

Yes, you are a bit cooler than we are, although they say this week is supposed to be cold for us as well. Right now it is exactly 0 C.

And I am back home now. I was supposed to have a meeting with a client in his office here in Reno. But he never showed up. When I called him, he apologized and said he forgot to cancel our meeting. Oh, well . . . the life of a consultant.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DrPenfection For This Useful Post:

Yazeh (December 31st, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,804 Times in 1,697 Posts

Happy new year 🎉🍾

We have about 9 C (plus) currently, during the day it was 15 C (plus) way too warm (I think this is a new record for 31.12. ever)

Snow line is above 2000m, the few snow in the mountains is melting, no good times for skiing.

Global warming is visible everywhere. 😥

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pterodactylus For This Useful Post:

Darla (December 31st, 2021), Yazeh (December 31st, 2021)

Thanks

Well done, Darla!

be back shortly!
    Hmm, I thought you were in the Netherlands, not Canada. Obviously I missed something.

Yes, you are a bit cooler than we are, although they say this week is supposed to be cold for us as well. Right now it is exactly 0 C.

And I am back home now. I was supposed to have a meeting with a client in his office here in Reno. But he never showed up. When I called him, he apologized and said he forgot to cancel our meeting. Oh, well . . . the life of a consultant.
    Yes, I'm in the Netherlands, where it is currently unseasonably warm, but my husband now has to fly to Edmonton tomorrow morning. Sometimes I envy his travelling, but not this time!! lol Sorry to hear about the client mix-up! I also know those kinds of things all to well -- in a past life now, though. Much more relaxed these days working (mostly) from home.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Darla For This Useful Post:

Thanks

No glittery, shimmery inks this time - everyone probably already knows the two that I have anyway! And as usual, forgive the artificial lighting, but I think the color representation is not too bad.

I know it looks a bit like I've had too much champagne already, but I swear I don't know what happened there with all my writing mishaps. And then the Marlen decided it didn't like this ink! I did crop out the biggest burp. Must be this misbehaving ink (to me anyway). Anyhoo... it's only been one small glass of white wine so far, I promise... still have a few hours to go before midnight.

Happy New Year all!!

Paper btw is Clairefontaine Triomphe
    IMG_2342.JPGIMG_2345.JPG

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Darla For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yes, I'm in the Netherlands, where it is currently unseasonably warm, but my husband now has to fly to Edmonton tomorrow morning. Sometimes I envy his travelling, but not this time!! lol Sorry to hear about the client mix-up! I also know those kinds of things all to well -- in a past life now, though. Much more relaxed these days working (mostly) from home.
    I am so sorry that your husband has to fly all that way at this time of year with all of the holiday traffic. I hope he stays safe and healthy.

We just had over 1/2 meter of snow dumped on us around Christmas and they say that 6 meters of snow fell at Lake Tahoe - which is just about 1/2 hour's drive from here. Most of the roads are still not open. The weather service says that Mt. Rose, right above where we live, already has over 8 meters of snow. Great skiing . . . if you can get there. Yes, that is meters, not feet. All week we have had flurries, but we are supposed to get another snow storm tonight and tomorrow. It will be light down here, but the mountains will be getting the most. And the weather service says we are supposed to get record very cold temperatures this week. We do get heavy snowfalls here, but generally not this much this early in the season. Hopefully it will continue through the rest of the winter (we always need the moisture).

Back to the topic.

I will venture a guess of Colorverse Dark Energy.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DrPenfection For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,262 Posts

Poor Husband - I'm so pleased neither of us has to do that sort of travelling any more - in fact, it's been so long since I worked outside the house I've forgotten what it's like!

And as for your client DrPenfection - how utterly thoughtless. Sounds like you've got quite the opposite weather to us here in Europe. It's still 13 C here at after 11pm, which is ridiculous for the time of year. We've been told to expect a very cold snap next week though. I suppose at least it means all the partygoers will be able to stay outside tonight...

I'm also guessing.

I'll try

L'Artisan Pastellier Noisette
    Herbin Terre de Feu

It's certainly an intriguing colour!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mizgeorge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Montblanc Toffee Brown?

Thanks

J Herbin Rouille d'Ancre

Thanks

Glad to see friends are around....
    We have had a mild winter... for now. We're still waiting for our snow storms and the real cold weather....

Intriguing colour... I would go for Ancient Copper...Antietam and Black Swan in English Roses

Thanks

Diamine Cherry Sunburst

Thanks
    Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,262 Posts

Well it's 2022 here - so Happy New Year from me to all of you

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mizgeorge For This Useful Post:

DrPenfection (December 31st, 2021), Pterodactylus (January 1st, 2022), Robalone (December 31st, 2021), Yazeh (January 1st, 2022)

Thanks

Montblanc Carlo Collodi?

Thanks

Herbin Terre De feu

Thanks

Herbin Rouille d'Ancre