Page 584 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 844845345745825835845855865946346841084 ... LastLast
Results 11,661 to 11,680 of 25303

Thread: guess the ink!

Thanks

Default Re: guess the ink!

Sheaffer Inferno?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,243 Times in 1,263 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Sheaffer Skrip Red?
    You are so very, very close. Now go back to the original post, and look again at what I'm after

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BayesianPrior View Post
    Hero 201 Red?
    No

Thanks

Sheaffer Inferno?
    He's only done it again!

Yep. Inferno it is.

I can see no discernible difference between the previous (mine's about five years old) version and this one, other than the bottle and it's little insert - apart from being more expensive for less ink.

I still like it as an everyday red though

Thanks

And for Yazeh - from my kitchen table:

IMG_20210705_202435 (Medium).jpg

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mizgeorge For This Useful Post:

Yazeh (July 5th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,349 Times in 2,289 Posts

That's a lovely bouquet from hubby. Congratulate him!
    That's looks like an Austen rose, mizgeorge. Probably Graham Thomas
    I tried growing AUSTEN'S here. They need more sun than I can provide them for...

Bravo BP.... like usual...
    Last edited by Yazeh; July 5th, 2021 at 02:42 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

BayesianPrior (July 5th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    That's a lovely bouquet from hubby. Congratulate him!
    That's looks like an Austen rose, mizgeorge. Probably Graham Thomas
    I tried growing them here. They need more sun than I can provide them for...

Bravo BP.... like usual...
    I must be the most hated man on the 'guess the ink' boards! Thank you for being gracious as always when I take advantage of all your hard work.

I'll take the kudos, but Baby Prior is demanding more of my time lately and I don't think I'll be free to make up a sample at home for the next little while.

At work, I only have Diamine Matador, Sailor Blue Black, Stipula Musk Green and Stipula Dark Blue - and you've seen them all recently. So I will yield my turn to Yazeh who will doubtless come up with a real stumper!

Thanks

@Yazeh - we think that's exactly what it is too - it was planted before we bought this house, but the previous owner was very clearly a discerning rose grower, and I suspect they were early buyers of this lovely rose. We let it run a little wild and it's an absolute joy year after year. You very clearly know your roses, I'm very impressed!!

@BP - it's lovely to see you here in whatever form - and I'm pleased that Baby Prior is demanding - that's the sign of a thriving infant! Enjoy this time as much as you can, it's over in a flash.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mizgeorge For This Useful Post:

Yazeh (July 5th, 2021)

Thanks

Coincidentally, my three bottles of Sheaffer Skrip Red (for a quasi-reasonable $53 Canadian) arrived today. I wasn't prepared to miss out on what seems like the only true red on the market, and I had my doubts about Inferno. I'm pleased to hear that you have trouble telling it from the old stuff.

Does anyone care to guess what I found when I opened the parcel? Yep! Three bottles of Sheaffer Skrip Blue-Black! Sigh.

Senior Member INeedAFinancialAdvisor's Avatar
    Thanks

Coincidentally, my three bottles of Sheaffer Skrip Red (for a quasi-reasonable $53 Canadian) arrived today. I wasn't prepared to miss out on what seems like the only true red on the market, and I had my doubts about Inferno. I'm pleased to hear that you have trouble telling it from the old stuff.

Does anyone care to guess what I found when I opened the parcel? Yep! Three bottles of Sheaffer Skrip Blue-Black! Sigh.
    not cool. I mean, personally, had it been 3 bottles of the 1950's-70's BB, I'd still be pretty happy. But pictures of the outgoing BB are... uninspiring.

I just a few weeks ago ordered my first bottle of true red ink, skrip red, because I also did not want to miss out on getting a bottle. Good to know the new stuff is the same as the old stuff

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by INeedAFinancialAdvisor View Post

not cool. I mean, personally, had it been 3 bottles of the 1950's-70's BB, I'd still be pretty happy. But pictures of the outgoing BB are... uninspiring.

I just a few weeks ago ordered my first bottle of true red ink, skrip red, because I also did not want to miss out on getting a bottle. Good to know the new stuff is the same as the old stuff
    Well, the amazon vendor gave me a full refund and said I could keep the ink.

Look out for a Sheaffer Blue-Black PIF coming to a fountain pen forum near you!

Thanks

But are you still getting the red version?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post

But are you still getting the red version?
    Not from that vendor. Blah blah warehouse mix up blah blah red discontinued blah blah out of stock.

Can't seem to find it anywhere, although I'm sure there is a big box stationer in the back end of nowhere with about 50 bottles in the warehouse.

Ah well, just as well. I have 80ml of Diamine Matador which I should really use up before I get another red. The hunt continues.

Thanks

Colorverse Andromeda?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member INeedAFinancialAdvisor's Avatar
    Thanks

nice! "free" ink

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    @Yazeh - we think that's exactly what it is too - it was planted before we bought this house, but the previous owner was very clearly a discerning rose grower, and I suspect they were early buyers of this lovely rose. We let it run a little wild and it's an absolute joy year after year. You very clearly know your roses, I'm very impressed!!
    I was lucky mizgeorge. Plus Grahmam Thomas was my hero. I have read his book several times. It's worse than fountain pen forum though.

Thanks

BP sorry for the mishap.
    So, what you're saying SKrip red and Inferno red are the same. It's just a rebranding, like the Waterman series?

I used skrip red once, it was the most difficult ink to clean out of the pen... even worse than Herbin Rose Cycalmen....

Thanks

Get your sunglasses....
    this one is bright. Text and sketch are unrelated to the ink...

guess.jpeg
    guess 1.jpg

Thanks

Lamy Turmaline?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Radonactionservices View Post
    Lamy Turmaline?
    Glad to see you here... Not Lamy...