Page 512 of 527 FirstFirst ... 12412462502510511512513514522 ... LastLast
Results 10,221 to 10,240 of 10521

Thread: guess the ink!

  1. #10221
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    588
    Thanks
    203
    Thanked 255 Times in 134 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Oh hell, it's Hakase Sepia.

  2. #10222
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,825
    Thanks
    1,486
    Thanked 462 Times in 276 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Quote Originally Posted by BayesianPrior View Post
    Oh hell, it's Hakase Sepia.
    Nope sorry.
    Not a Japanese ink...

  3. #10223
    Senior Member Ole Juul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Coalmont, BC, Canada
    Posts
    396
    Thanks
    550
    Thanked 381 Times in 202 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BayesianPrior View Post
    J. Herbin Fountain Pen Cleaning Solution? (after cleaning a pen filled with R&K Sepia)
    Not really... but close
    I think it's so close that if you took out the pen cleaning solution you would have it. To wit, it's R&K Sepia.

  4. #10224
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    588
    Thanks
    203
    Thanked 255 Times in 134 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Juul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BayesianPrior View Post
    J. Herbin Fountain Pen Cleaning Solution? (after cleaning a pen filled with R&K Sepia)
    Not really... but close
    I think it's so close that if you took out the pen cleaning solution you would have it. To wit, it's R&K Sepia.
    Surely it's against the rules to use the same ink consecutively?
    Last edited by BayesianPrior; April 22nd, 2021 at 05:37 PM.

  5. #10225
    Senior Member Ole Juul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Coalmont, BC, Canada
    Posts
    396
    Thanks
    550
    Thanked 381 Times in 202 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Quote Originally Posted by BayesianPrior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Juul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BayesianPrior View Post
    J. Herbin Fountain Pen Cleaning Solution? (after cleaning a pen filled with R&K Sepia)
    Not really... but close
    I think it's so close that if you took out the pen cleaning solution you would have it. To wit, it's R&K Sepia.
    Surely it's against the rules to use the same ink consecutively?
    Sorry, I'm really really tired and can barely think. I wrote R&K Sepia when I meant to say R&K Salix!

    I just looked at Salix in my ink book and it still looks like dishwater. Hasn't darkened an inch.

  6. #10226
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    588
    Thanks
    203
    Thanked 255 Times in 134 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Juul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BayesianPrior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Juul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BayesianPrior View Post
    J. Herbin Fountain Pen Cleaning Solution? (after cleaning a pen filled with R&K Sepia)
    Not really... but close
    I think it's so close that if you took out the pen cleaning solution you would have it. To wit, it's R&K Sepia.
    Surely it's against the rules to use the same ink consecutively?
    Sorry, I'm really really tired and can barely think. I wrote R&K Sepia when I meant to say R&K Salix!

    I just looked at Salix in my ink book and it still looks like dishwater. Hasn't darkened an inch.
    All in good fun! The best part of this thread is that it's like Calvin Ball. The only rule is you can't use the same rule twice!

  7. #10227
    Senior Member Ole Juul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Coalmont, BC, Canada
    Posts
    396
    Thanks
    550
    Thanked 381 Times in 202 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    I am so out of it. I just scrolled back to see Yazeh's ink sample and I had a completely different image in my mind. That said, a more reasonable guess would be Diamine Earl Grey.

  8. #10228
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,825
    Thanks
    1,486
    Thanked 462 Times in 276 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    No problem Ole. Hope your car is Ok. It isn't R&k (close) nor Diamine (far)
    This is a tough one, I admit. It supposedly has a mythical status... Now I understand why....
    It's an European ink.
    I believe there's only one review of this ink...

  9. #10229
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    588
    Thanks
    203
    Thanked 255 Times in 134 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Seitz Kreuznach Cognac?

  10. #10230
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,825
    Thanks
    1,486
    Thanked 462 Times in 276 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Nope... think out of the box....

  11. #10231
    Senior Member Ole Juul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Coalmont, BC, Canada
    Posts
    396
    Thanks
    550
    Thanked 381 Times in 202 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Nope... think out of the box....
    The question is, what box?

    Pelikan Edelstein Moonstone?

  12. #10232
    Senior Member Ole Juul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Coalmont, BC, Canada
    Posts
    396
    Thanks
    550
    Thanked 381 Times in 202 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Only ONE review? That would be the thread on using Rit fabric dye. Rit Pearl Grey.
    https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread...ey-alternative

  13. #10233
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,825
    Thanks
    1,486
    Thanked 462 Times in 276 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Juul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Nope... think out of the box....
    The question is, what box?

    Pelikan Edelstein Moonstone?
    Not a Pelikan ink.
    It is not a well known company, at least outside Europe...

    The company in question makes four aniline inks, beside this ink.

  14. #10234
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,825
    Thanks
    1,486
    Thanked 462 Times in 276 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Juul View Post
    Only ONE review? That would be the thread on using Rit fabric dye. Rit Pearl Grey.
    https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread...ey-alternative
    There's no review of this ink on fpgeeks or FPN.
    But it is mentioned.

    Oh, I forgot, it's an iron gall ink

  15. #10235
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    588
    Thanks
    203
    Thanked 255 Times in 134 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    KWZ something something?

  16. #10236
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,825
    Thanks
    1,486
    Thanked 462 Times in 276 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Quote Originally Posted by BayesianPrior View Post
    KWZ something something?
    Nie

    Read post 10233 again

  17. #10237
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    588
    Thanks
    203
    Thanked 255 Times in 134 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Hmmm thinking outside the box (or bottle?) Does it come in the same packaging as an astronaut's lunch?


  18. #10238
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,825
    Thanks
    1,486
    Thanked 462 Times in 276 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Califolio makes a line of inks, so does KWZ.
    The ink company in question makes only five inks to my knowledge.

    As far as I know Califolio inks are not IG, btw.

  19. #10239
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    588
    Thanks
    203
    Thanked 255 Times in 134 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    The Gutenberg Museum has a line of 4 aniline inks and...Bible ink...but I don't think that's the answer.

  20. #10240
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,825
    Thanks
    1,486
    Thanked 462 Times in 276 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: guess the ink!

    Quote Originally Posted by BayesianPrior View Post
    The Gutenberg Museum has a line of 4 aniline inks and...Bible ink...but I don't think that's the answer.
    You're very close. The aniline inks are made by the same company... bravo!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •