Thread: Port Charlotte gold silver and antiques

Thanks

Default Port Charlotte gold silver and antiques

I was in this store today. It was an oddity for sure. First off it had to isles that were so narrow that two people could in now way fit past each other and there was floor to ceiling glass and stuff piled on each side. One person knocked over some things just trying to move down the isle and another almost fell. I saw in the case several nice possible restorable pens. A nice black pearl Sheaffer Balance and a Parker 51. Then I saw why so much stuff, the prices were that of a hoarder who did not want to sell. Sheaffer Balance in need of new sac, 300 dollars, Parker 51 150 dollars. You could tell this old dude did not want to sell and you could not tell him his prices were not in the land of reality. Anyone ever dealt with this kind of person before? I have had one other place I dealt with like this guy. It was when I lived up in Arkansas in Harrison. Stopped by a nice 10 thousand SF antique store. Full of things. Every time I would ask about this or that the old dude would say you don't want that its junk. Or that does not work right I won't sell it to you. LOL. He just did not want to sell. I don't waste much time in a place like that its just frustrating.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 562 Posts

Default Re: Port Charlotte gold silver and antiques

Not far from where I live is an "antique" barn. The man who runs it is rude and unhelpful and has a large box of pens vintage pens that are priced to avoid being sold. He will not negotiate and responds with rudeness when you try. He keeps going to auctions and buys stuff, then hoards it. The whole of his property is covered in deteriorating junk. I did speak top his wife and she somewhat exasperatedly agreed with my assessment that he was a hoarder.