Thread: 1 hr video seminar: Off Catalogue Sheaffer Balances: Raleigh 2016 Pen Show

Thanks

Default 1 hr video seminar: Off Catalogue Sheaffer Balances: Raleigh 2016 Pen Show

Off-catalogue 1930s Sheaffer Balance fountain pens. 2nd Seminar from the Raleigh Pen Show June 2016. David Isaacson and Pat Mohan. This is a one hour hi-def vid, so set it to lower quality if you have data cap.

This is based on my 2012 magazine article on obscure variants of Sheaffers game-changing fountain pen. This is a simple recording of the chat, so no pics of pens and no editing involved. There are a couple verbal slips I'd originally planned this as monologue with questions before finding out Pat could join the chat, but we were very lucky to have him join in to lend expert commentary. Pat and I likely have the world's two heftiest selections of these pens in collection, so this was a nice opportunity for show attendees. We had 25 or so in attendance. I also learned I need to comb my cowlick before giving speeches. If you have a free hour, do enjoy. Happy to answer questions.

regards

david
    David R. Isaacson, MD

http://www.vacumania.com : Sales site for guaranteed, restored collectible pens.

The Fountain Pen Board /FPnuts : Archived Message Board with focus on vintage.

The Fountain Pen Journal: The new glossy full-color print magazine, published/edited by iconic fountain pen author Paul Erano.

Facebook pen group "Fountain Pens"/FPnuts: Davey's casual Facebook group for collectible pens.
    31000 members and growing. World's heftiest daily vintage pen eye candy

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to david i For This Useful Post:

earthdawn (June 19th, 2016), mrcharlie (June 14th, 2016), welch (June 18th, 2016)

Thanks

Default Re: 1 hr video seminar: Off Catalogue Sheaffer Balances: Raleigh 2016 Pen Show

I watched this right after watching the other video from the same pen show, and thought both were enjoyable and worth my time. Thanks.

Thanks

Default Re: 1 hr video seminar: Off Catalogue Sheaffer Balances: Raleigh 2016 Pen Show

Am I missing something? I can't find a link to this and your other video.
    We have met the enemy and he is us.
    -Pogo

Thanks

I found the link did not show up on any of my mobile devices but was there if i used a web browser on a computer.

Thanks

Thanks stub. I use my iPad almost exclusively. Had to borrow a computer to see the link.
    BTW, for others like me, it can be found on vimeo.com and search for david.
    -Pogo

Thanks

The forum seems to turn supported video links into an embed, not a link. Here is a link to David's video going thru the goo.gl link redirector so it doesn't become an embed. Maybe that will work for the mobile devices that weren't seeing the embed type link.
    Last edited by mrcharlie; June 18th, 2016 at 04:32 PM.

Thanks

Sorry the link is tough to access. I posted it via the insert-video icon. Let's see if functional as simple web address:

-d
    David R. Isaacson, MD

http://www.vacumania.com : Sales site for guaranteed, restored collectible pens.

The Fountain Pen Board /FPnuts : Archived Message Board with focus on vintage.

The Fountain Pen Journal: The new glossy full-color print magazine, published/edited by iconic fountain pen author Paul Erano.

Facebook pen group "Fountain Pens"/FPnuts: Davey's casual Facebook group for collectible pens.
    31000 members and growing. World's heftiest daily vintage pen eye candy

Thanks

Thanks, David. I did it the hard way but it's nice that you embedded it in your post.
    BTW, interesting seminar.
    Last edited by Hawk; June 20th, 2016 at 08:41 PM. Reason: spellingg
    -Pogo