Thread: Recipe corner

Thanks

Default Recipe corner

There are lots of people here who like their food, so why don't we share a few recipes?

I'll kick off with a summer dish that can be eaten hot, warm or cold. Goes well with crusty bread.

You will need 1 red (bell) pepper per person
    a small pot of anchovies in oil
    a good well flavoured olive oil
    baby tomatoes ( ideally plum tomatoes)-though actually any fresh tomatoes chopped small will do
    garlic
    Coarse ground black pepper

Cut the stem end off the pepper off, removing the stem but reserving the rest as a cap. remove the pith and seeds. Peel and slice the garlic so thin that it's translucent. Chop the tomatoes ( i can get the baby ones down to eighths) and a few anchovies per pepper. Fill the peppers with the garlic, toms and anchovies , and add a good glug of oil. Into the oven at 180 deg C for a fan oven or 200 without a fan for 40 minutes or so.

Eat.
    Last edited by oldstoat; June 20th, 2016 at 03:36 PM.
    Some days, it's hardly worth chewing through the leather straps....

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldstoat For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (June 20th, 2016), jbb (June 20th, 2016)

Thanks

Default Re: Recipe corner

Quote Originally Posted by oldstoat View Post
    There are lots of people here who like their food, so why don't we share a few recipes?

I'll kick off with a summer dish that can be eaten hot, warm or cold. Goes well with crusty bread.

You will need 1 red (bell) pepper per person
    a small pot of anchovies in oil
    a good well flavoured olive oil
    baby tomatoes ( ideally plum tomatoes)
    garlic
    Coarse ground black pepper

Cut the stem end off the pepper off, removing the stem but reserving the rest as a cap. remove the pith and seeds. Peel and slice the garlic so thin that it's translucent. Chop the tomatoes ( i can get the baby ones down to eighths) and a few anchovies per tomato. Fill the peppers with the garlic, toms and anchovies , and add a good glug of oil. Into the oven at 180 deg C for a fan oven or 200 without a fan for 40 minutes or so.

Eat.
    It's good. I know because I ate it today. Even better when you can get someone to cook it for you.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/peachez