Thread: Michigan Pen Show photos

Thanks

Default Michigan Pen Show photos

Finds from the Michigan Pen Show. The two pens on the left are my wife and I's "Pen Show Challenge" pens. Each of looks for the best pen we can find for under $20. Her's was the black speckled one. I think she won. Mine was the red Wearever school pen. Next is a Parker Duofold Streamline with a FLEXIBLE NIB. I have never seen any Duofold's with a flex nib. Ever. I was amazed enough to buy it! Next is a Pilot Metropolitan (my first, everyone says they are awesome so I got one finally), and a Dark Blue Mabie Todd Swan with a sweet flex nib. Not a bad haul!!!!

I have more photos here but I got so busy talking to pen friends that they were a last minute afterthought and not very compelling lol.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/00phot...57675255903085

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheInkluminati For This Useful Post:

DPWilkens (October 16th, 2016), Lady Onogaro (October 16th, 2016), VertOlive (October 17th, 2016), Video11 (October 16th, 2016)

Thanks

Default Re: Michigan Pen Show photos

I wish I would have done something similar. Having a friendly competition sounds like fun. I really wanted to take home a Parker Vacumatic, but couldn't pull the trigger on any of the dozens that I picked up. I was also hoping to find someone with a random shoebox of pens in need of some help, but I didn't see anything. I recall a couple vendors at the show last year had random assortments of $10~20 pens in bags and boxes. I figured finding a few pens in need of a little refurbishing might give me something to do over the winter. I was still pretty impressed with the MI show. It appears to be larger than last year, at least in table space. It felt like there were fewer vendors, but they brought more stuff and occupied more space.

Thanks for grabbing a few pictures. I planned to snap a few of my own and was so occupied looking at pens that my phone never came out of my pocket to take any pictures.

Thanks

Nice haul! I just bought a Wearever cartridge pen not too long ago, but I can't figure out which cartridges might be compatible with it. Do they only work with the original Wearever cartridges?

Thanks

I believe so, Lucky for me inside the pen was an empty black cartridge. I plan on cleaning it out and using a syringe to refill it. I am going to see if an international fits over the nubbin when I get around to playing with it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby921 View Post
    I wish I would have done something similar. Having a friendly competition sounds like fun. I really wanted to take home a Parker Vacumatic, but couldn't pull the trigger on any of the dozens that I picked up. I was also hoping to find someone with a random shoebox of pens in need of some help, but I didn't see anything. I recall a couple vendors at the show last year had random assortments of $10~20 pens in bags and boxes. I figured finding a few pens in need of a little refurbishing might give me something to do over the winter. I was still pretty impressed with the MI show. It appears to be larger than last year, at least in table space. It felt like there were fewer vendors, but they brought more stuff and occupied more space.

Thanks for grabbing a few pictures. I planned to snap a few of my own and was so occupied looking at pens that my phone never came out of my pocket to take any pictures.
    There were a few of those boxes. That's where the challenge pens came from.

Thanks

Nice finds to be had at the show it seems. Is there a lot of day trading at the show also or is the focus on vendors selling to the public mostly? Your picture shows a fair number of pens on display with the vendors and more used collectables than new pens so it was a fun show to visit for those of us looking for something unique.
    Mags or Rob Maguire MB 149, 147, 146,144, Mozart, Boehme, Sailor Realo, Aurora Optima, Churchmen Prescriptor and Parson's Essential, Parker 51 1.3 mm stub, Parker Vacumatic 1939 OB Can, TWSBI's (540,580, Mini and Vac 700), Pelikan M 1000/800 Demonstrator 600/200 demoM/200 OBB, Visconti Rembrandts (2), Lamy, Cross, Watermans, Pilots, Sheaffer's, Omas 360 LE 84/360, GvFC, Esterbrooks J and SJ, Bexley Jitterbug, Taccia, Eversharp 1952 flex, Edison Herald, Franklin Christoph Piper.