Thread: July Big Apple Pen Club Meeting and Barbeque!

Thanks

Default July Big Apple Pen Club Meeting and Barbeque!

On Thursday, July 14, starting at 7 PM, will be the Big Apple Pen Club's July meeting! The feature this month will be our first ever BBQ. Normally we don't require advance notice of your attendance, but we will need to know in advance, by June 30, if you plan to attend so we can plan the menu and set the price, which we expect to be in the $8-$12 range. It will be BYObeverage -- wine, beer, spirits, soda, up to you. Let me know by email to bapcemail@gmail.com or PM here.

In addition to the BBQ, we'll have our usual get-together of friends, fountain pens, inks, and the usual bedlam.

Wait, there's more! Once again, nibmeister Josh Lax will be smoothing and tuning nibs for free -- well, you have to sit with Josh while he free-associates on your use of your pen, so it's not truly free, but close enough.

As usual, the meeting will be at Bard Hall, on the west side of Midtown Manhattan, directions below.

If you are not already on our mailing list, please drop me a note, either via PM here or email. One of the benefits of being on our mailing list is that you get to see the rest of the letter everyone gets...

So, even if you are not resident in NYC or nearby (regulars come from the depths of New Jersey and the heights of Long Island...), but expect to be in town for business, travel, or just to attend a BAPC meeting, please feel free to join us. We meet almost every month on 2d Thursdays; it's an eclectic bunch and we have a good time every time.

Hope to see you on the 14th!

Tim

Directions:
    Bard Hall is located at 410 West 58th Street in Manhattan, just west of 9th Avenue/Columbus Avenue. The best way to get there from almost anywhere in NYC is via subway -- take the 1/A/C/B/D trains to 59th Street/Columbus Circle (note: 2/3 trains do not stop at 59th, even though it is a major intersection). Depending on which subway exit stair you use, put Central Park behind you and walk around the southern (left) side of the Time Warner complex, which is 58th Street. Walk west on 58th (against traffic); 9th Avenue/Columbus is the next intersection west. Bard Hall is diagonally across the intersection and three addresses downhill on 58th at 410, immediately west of the small construction site. Please tell the guard you are there for the Pen Club -- you will be expected and directed to the proper room. Feel free to bring any kind of food and drink in with you.
    see my pens for sale and my collection at timsvintagepens.com

Current Rotation:
    home: MontBlanc 149/MB Midnight Blue (IG);
    case: Parker 51 Vac/Parker Penman Sapphire; Pilot Custom Legance/Iro Shin-Kai
    office: Varuna Vishal//Waterman Perm Blue-Black (1940's, IG);
    summer pockets: Kaweco Sport/Royal Akkermanblauw

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tmenyc For This Useful Post:

penultress (June 23rd, 2016)

Thanks

Default Re: July Big Apple Pen Club Meeting and Barbeque!

The BBQ had to be postponed, to either July 28 or August 11, because Grillmeister James is having surgery. Stay tuned!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    see my pens for sale and my collection at timsvintagepens.com

Current Rotation:
    home: MontBlanc 149/MB Midnight Blue (IG);
    case: Parker 51 Vac/Parker Penman Sapphire; Pilot Custom Legance/Iro Shin-Kai
    office: Varuna Vishal//Waterman Perm Blue-Black (1940's, IG);
    summer pockets: Kaweco Sport/Royal Akkermanblauw

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tmenyc For This Useful Post:

penultress (July 9th, 2016)

Thanks

Check out Friends of Big Apple Pen Club facebook group..........
    See you in DC !

Thanks

Just a reminder! I ate the best bbq exactly at this meeting and still remember the taste of that steak. BTW, I "stole" the recipe. The idea is that if you don't have a good grill, the meat will not be the same. As I like to eat healthier I chose to buy a small grill suitable for my balcony. and cook almost everything at this grill. I chose from a variety of grills https://www.thewindupspace.com/best-...tment-balcony/ and the most suitable variant was that cutest one called Original Kettle Charcoal Grill. I prefer the classic grill instead of the fancy one. Vintage is my theme.
    Last edited by Makayte; November 16th, 2020 at 09:03 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Makayte For This Useful Post:

welch (November 13th, 2020)

Thanks

BAPC meets on Zoom. Contact Tim for an invitation to the next meeting, the December meeting.