Thread: Need advise on Montblanc Soulmakers Starwalker L.E

Thanks

Default Need advise on Montblanc Soulmakers Starwalker L.E

Hello, I am new to the luxury/collectable pen world and need a little advise. I ended up acquiring this Montblanc pen unknowingly after buying a foreclosure and found it while cleaning out what was left behind. I did a lot of research and read all the info I could find. The pen is a Montblanc Soulmakers for 100 Years Limited Edition 1906 Starwalker, number 0989 of 1906, model #36703 or M100266 med ball point. I think it has all the proper authenticity markings, but hopefully someone can tell for sure by the pictures.
    The pen is in great shape but I think it needs to be buffed and polished to make it look brand new again. It doesn't have anything major as far as surface damage or internal damage that I can see or notice by actuating the ballpoint. It writes beautifully and feels great. I do not have the original box it came in though and I know that hurts value pretty bad. Should I buy a replacement box? I found one for sale for my model with original booklet included for $200 on ebay, but have not bought it yet because I don't know what the pen is worth with or without it. And that's where I need some advise.
    What is this pen even worth? I could only find a couple online and they were both brand new. Should I get it appraised? Is it worth buying the replacement box? How much would that increase value? Should I get it buffed and polished? Any good recommendations on where to have that done? After spending a couple hours online looking at hundreds of awesome pens, I really want to buy a fountain pen now! Never thought I'd say that haha! I plan to use the advise I get here and sell this one and buy a sweet fountain pen. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 10,493 Times in 4,013 Posts

Default Re: Need advise on Montblanc Soulmakers Starwalker L.E

I wouldn't worry about not having the original box, and buying one wouldn't significantly increase the value of your pen, since it would be the box for a different number pen.

I wouldn't be too worried about having it buffed up either. It isn't a brand new pen. It's been used. So why not just enjoy it as a used pen?

If you wanted to spend around $70 or $80 I suppose you could send it to Montblanc and ask if they can do a 1st level service on it, to make it look any better, but otherwise either use it, if you like it, or sell it as it is.

It looks authentic, but to be sure you would need to ask Montblanc to authenticate it for you.

Thanks

Hello,

Have you sold this pen? I am interested in replacing a twin of this pen that I lost.
    thank you.
    Britt

RE: Hello, I am new to the luxury/collectable pen world and need a little advise. I ended up acquiring this Montblanc pen unknowingly after buying a foreclosure and found it while cleaning out what was left behind. I did a lot of research and read all the info I could find. The pen is a Montblanc Soulmakers for 100 Years Limited Edition 1906 Starwalker, number 0989 of 1906, model #36703 or M100266 med ball point. I think it has all the proper authenticity markings, but hopefully someone can tell for sure by the pictures.
    The pen is in great shape but I think it needs to be buffed and polished to make it look brand new again. It doesn't have anything major as far as surface damage or internal damage that I can see or notice by actuating the ballpoint. It writes beautifully and feels great. I do not have the original box it came in though and I know that hurts value pretty bad. Should I buy a replacement box? I found one for sale for my model with original booklet included for $200 on ebay, but have not bought it yet because I don't know what the pen is worth with or without it. And that's where I need some advise.
    What is this pen even worth? I could only find a couple online and they were both brand new. Should I get it appraised? Is it worth buying the replacement box? How much would that increase value? Should I get it buffed and polished? Any good recommendations on where to have that done? After spending a couple hours online looking at hundreds of awesome pens, I really want to buy a fountain pen now! Never thought I'd say that haha! I plan to use the advise I get here and sell this one and buy a sweet fountain pen. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,493 Times in 4,013 Posts

This post was from July 2016 and the OP hasn't been on here since 2016 so you are unlikely to receive any reply.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Hi i have a mechanical pencil from this collection, i havent seen information of a mechanical pencil in this versión (soulmaker) so i suspect that someone could change the mecanism from ball point to pencil… what do you think about it