Thread: Slimfold nib sizes?

Thanks

Default Slimfold nib sizes?

I have gotten interested in the Parker Slimfolds. Currently (this is Jan. 29th 2013) there are several for sale on the Bay. With the one exception, none of the sellers states what size of nib tip is on the pen. What is the problem here? Size of nib is pretty much de rigeur isn't it in any description of a pen for sale? Is there some inherent difficulty in determining the size of a Parker Slimfold nib? Granted it does not seem to be stamped on the nib, just "Parker, 585, 14kt and made in...". So where is the nib size? i.e. fine, medium or broad?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

Mine does not have any marking as to nib size. I would consider it a western fine with stub like qualities.

Parker Slimfold 14K Gold Nib by IvanRomero, on Flickr
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot

Thanks

The english aerometric Duofold's nibs haven't the nib size marked on the nib. There are only the numbers denoting which model they for. For example: Slimfold is always 5, Junior - 10, Maxima - 50, Senior - 35. The older models may have number (Duofold - 25, Demi Duofold - 15) or letter N (for Newhaven) only. Sometimes one can find additional letter denoting the size of nib, but it's rare situation.
    So the seller may only estimate the nib size.