Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Share your interesting Correspondences

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogon07 View Post
    Interesting colours black, white and tan/orange.
    That's one of the fun things about Nubian goats. They can be, and usually are, any color or color combination. Trying to predict what you are going to get doesn't really work.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

That one looks like the Nubian goat equivalent of tortoiseshell cats or white/black/tan terriers or beagles.
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Type40 View Post
    Fountain pens and postcards are possible.
    (4x6 photo) + (HP Peel and Stick Photo Postcard) + Ink + (Packing Tape) = Weather proof postcard.
    If I'm sending mail to my mom I tend to do this. In the rainy times of the year I tend to send out letters like this, especially if it's going a significant distance. Nothing like having the ink fade away due to rain to where the post office can't deliver nor return it.

Thanks

I know at least one of my Valentine cards has been received, because the recepient posted a picture of it on Facebook.
    ETA: Someone saw that picture and said, "I got one, too."

Weird world we live in, where people go online to announce, "I got mail."
    Last edited by chaimann; February 8th, 2013 at 04:36 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chaimann View Post
    I know at least one of my Valentine cards has been received, because the recepient posted a picture of it on Facebook.
    ETA: Someone saw that picture and said, "I got one, too."

No kidding! I have a cousin in NC I routinely send letters to, and he always sends me a private note on FB saying that he was glad to hear from me. I also have the same thing happen to me with a friend in Boston. Wierd, but I guess it's better than not knowing the letter arrived.

Thanks

There is a Twitter hashtag started by the National Postal Museum staff ... #ShowAndMail It is a fun tag to follow because you get to see lots of mailart.
    I enjoyed InCoWriMo very much in 2013, but I got a bit overwhelmed. I'll be reading the forum in 2014, but not actively participating.

Thanks

I was blessed with a note from Lord Windermere, and from Stephen Brown's mom. Lots of others, which have all made me smile, but I must say, Windy has great penmanship, for a lobster lol

Lisa

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Anderson View Post
    I was blessed with a note from Lord Windermere, and from Stephen Brown's mom. Lots of others, which have all made me smile, but I must say, Windy has great penmanship, for a lobster lol

Lisa
    Great to hear! I sent a letter to Marry Ann Brown as well....can't wait for a reply!
    Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

Thanks

Well I didn't think I would get a letter in ballpoint!

Thank you Ashleigh:
    DSCF4044.JPG
    DSCF4045.JPG
    Will

Thanks

I've received three more letters from participants, and one from a civilian. I am absolutely charmed to be "meeting" such delightful people.

When I wrote to Nathan, I mentioned that I wanted to make more of an effort to write my young niece, who is almost learning-to-read age. Nathan replied, "...yes, you should write to your niece. A handwritten note gets saved and cherished. An email gets either deleted or put in some folder never to be seen again. When does anyone print an email out to cherish it?"

That's why we are doing this, my friends.

Thanks

I've received three more letters from participants, and one from a civilian. I am absolutely charmed to be "meeting" such delightful people.

When I wrote to Nathan, I mentioned that I wanted to make more of an effort to write my young niece, who is almost learning-to-read age. Nathan replied, "...yes, you should write to your niece. A handwritten note gets saved and cherished. An email gets either deleted or put in some folder never to be seen again. When does anyone print an email out to cherish it?"

That's why we are doing this, my friends.
    Do you speak of Nathan Tardiff?
    Will

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fountainpenkid View Post
    Do you speak of Nathan Tardiff?
    No, no - Nathan here on the forum, aka Project88.

Now that you mention it, though, a fan letter to Mr. Tardiff might be in order this month.

Thanks

Before I knew anything about fountain pens, I had a request to write some letter to someone moving away. I wanted to both make them special and creatively unique. Fancy paper and seals are good and fun but at some point they too would be normal and expected. Realizing that I would be hand writing these letters caused me to think about the possibilities gained by that. I could use a roll of parchment paper and make a absurdly long scroll.
    After finding FPGeeks, getting my first pen, and joining this challenge I created this thread so that I would have somewhere to share this creation and inspire others to rethink the possibilities. Sadly after only one night, of several I was planning on spending, and an entire cartridge converter full of ink, resulting in almost 7 feet by 8 inches of writing, totaling over 2600 words, life had other ideas.
    I am unable to send it, finished or unfinished to the intended recipient.

It is my hope that if nothing else, it will inspire others to think about the possibilities available once you are creating things with your own hands.
    Unsendable.jpg

Never stop writing.
    Last edited by Type40; February 16th, 2013 at 07:28 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Type40 View Post
    Before I knew anything about fountain pens, I had a request to write some letter to someone moving away. I wanted to both make them special and creatively unique. Fancy paper and seals are good and fun but at some point they too would be normal and expected. Realizing that I would be hand writing these letters caused me to think about the possibilities gained by that. I could use a roll of parchment paper and make a absurdly long scroll.
    After finding FPGeeks, getting my first pen, and joining this challenge I created this thread so that I would have somewhere to share this creation and inspire others to rethink the possibilities. Sadly after only one night, of several I was planning on spending, and an entire cartridge converter full of ink, resulting in almost 7 feet by 8 inches of writing, totaling over 2600 words, life had other ideas.
    I am unable to send it, finished or unfinished to the intended recipient.

It is my hope that if nothing else, it will inspire others to think about the possibilities available once you are creating things with your own hands.
    Unsendable.jpg

Never stop writing.
    Wow that is great, just such a shame that it could never be sent to the intended receiver.

Writing can bring a lot of joy, today my post just arrived with two more letters, due to InCoWriMo! Its so exciting opening the envelope, examining the letter, the paper, the writing, the pen and ink used, its great! Here are my now six letters/postcard
    IMG_20130218_125422.jpg

Thanks

Default thank you...

Went to the PO Box this weekend and what a surprise! Handwritten letters!!. Will be sending replies out but I want to say thank you here:
    -Alek who wrote with Noodler's Black Swan in Aussie Rose with piano music playing;
    -adameve who has yet to buy first fp and writes very legibly in bp...who will be great w ink;
    -Tracy Lee with NASA postcard n nice green ink;
    -magnesium68 with flex flaring script from an Ahab; and
    -misty with the pretty art work and parchment paper.
    Replies forthcoming. Thank you again.
    Also sent postcards which were received and acknowledged with pm...I was surprised that the postcards made it overseas...they were written with regular ink!!!
    Last edited by raffaela; February 18th, 2013 at 06:05 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

Just spent a lovely lunch hour reading a fresh stack of beautiful handwritten correspondence from three continents.

I wish I'd have had a crappy morning cause that would have turned it right around!

Funny thing is no fewer than four of these letters (one from each continent even) passed a counterpart en route; i.e. I've written and posted correspondence to the sender already. Three of them were posted just today.

This is seriously fun!

ok, carry on!

Thanks

I also had a "passed in the mail" event, which resulted in me receiving two letters from FPK on the same day!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

Rec'd a celebrity letter yesterday! From Mr INCOWRIMO himself, Eric in a champagne coloured G.Lalo evelope with a round stamp !!!!!
    I've never ever seen a round stamp before.
    Coincidentally also in the letterbox was a small parcel with my new Pearl Al-Star from the WritingDesk and the pen is a very close match to Eric's envelope maybe a touch less pink.
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

Thanks

Yesterday I got a card from the Czech Republic from someone who signed Marie. Excellent penmanship! If you know who that is, tell said individual to PM me a return address so I can reply!

Thanks

I also got a card from MArie from Czech and can't find her return adress nor her username here!