Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: So how many Pelikans do you have?

Thanks

Default Re: So how many Pelikans do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by RuiFromUK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BayesianPrior View Post
    Five in my flock:

M215 Rings
    M800 Green Striated
    M800 Grand Place
    M805 Blue Striated
    M805 Solid Black

All F or EF nibs and all solid workhorses.
    BayesianPrior, I am curious, what would be the probability of your next Pelikan being an M800/5 model?
    Looking at that list something tells me that the Bayesian posterior probability of BayesianPrior getting another M800/5 next is pretty good, most probably the Pelikan M805 Vibrant Blue...

and the Bayesian prior probability of me getting the forthcoming Pelikan M205 Pure Blue Demonstrator Fountain Pen is close to 100%!
    Haha! Well done both! I think the odds of another M80x are rather mean especially the Vibrant Blue. I may not be a standard deviant, but I like to match my inks to my pens (or is it my pens to my inks?) and my ink collection is skewed away from blues. Now...finding a Toledo at a good price would really get my kurtosis in a knot!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RuiFromUK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanc View Post
    Five in my flock:

M215 Rings
    M800 Green Striated
    M800 Grand Place
    M805 Blue Striated
    M805 Solid Black

All F or EF nibs and all solid workhorses.
    BayesianPrior, I am curious, what would be the probability of your next Pelikan being an M800/5 model?
    Looking at that list something tells me that the Bayesian posterior probability of BayesianPrior getting another M800/5 next is pretty good, most probably the Pelikan M805 Vibrant Blue...

and the Bayesian prior probability of me getting the forthcoming Pelikan M205 Pure Blue Demonstrator Fountain Pen is close to 100%!
    Haha! Well done both! I think the odds of another M80x are rather mean especially the Vibrant Blue. I may not be a standard deviant, but I like to match my inks to my pens (or is it my pens to my inks?) and my ink collection is skewed away from blues. Now...finding a Toledo at a good price would really get my kurtosis in a knot!!
    The easiest way out to your dilemma is probably use an alpha-stable rather than a normal distribution. As you know it has fatter tails and therefore what could be considered an outlier using the normal distribution future purchases could be accommodated quite nicely using an alpha-stable distribution.
    My other writing instrument is a pencil.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,518 Times in 4,023 Posts

I have 3 Pelikan M400N pens and 2 cheaper Pelikans. I would love to own a City pen, but I don't know which to get, and it needs to be a good price. So maybe I will never find one.
    Last edited by Chrissy; September 6th, 2020 at 12:52 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mana View Post
    Hmmm... if I count just the fountain pen then six. Looking to growing my flock of 100/101Ns...

Keepers:
    - Later gen 100N Black EF Export with a flexible F nib. My EDC pen, needs a polish though although it is otherwise in great shape, plating on the clip and trim rings is around 98% intact.
    - Later gen 100N Green with a flexible EF nib. In great shape, might need a polish though. Plating on the trim rings is around 99% intact, clip renewed.
    - Later gen 101N Tortoise with a flexible N nib (left foot oblique EF). My Baby <3 Needs a gentle polish though. Plating on the trims is around 96% intact, clip 100%.

Up for grabs:
    - 400NN with an OF nib + a matching(?) pencil. Some pitting and plating loss on the clips etc. Otherwise in very nice shape.
    - Black 500 Double L with an M nib. In need of polishing, the doublee cap is covered with microscratches as is the pen body too. Few minor dings.
    - Burgundy 140 with a nice M nib. This one has serious plating loss but otherwise in ok shape. Also, the feed needs work. As in, the pen runs for a bit and then just stops.

My trio of 100/101N > https://www.instagram.com/p/BCOKupjyzTd/
    Ok, added one grey and one green post-war (synthetic seal) 100N and a 400NN Tortoise to the mix. So I reckon that makes it nine for fountain pens (got matching mechanical pencils for the 100N and 400NN series). Hmmm... will need to get a new piston shaft/rod for one of the 100N, anyone in the know?

Thanks

I have three. And I just got my dad a green 400NN, he seemed to be curious about mine, but wouldn't take it when I offered it. So now he'll have his own!
    Pens and Perspective for all hands, great and small (including pen reviews by the small handed!)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,872 Times in 811 Posts

Hmmm... if I count just the fountain pen then six. Looking to growing my flock of 100/101Ns...

Keepers:
    - Later gen 100N Black EF Export with a flexible F nib. My EDC pen, needs a polish though although it is otherwise in great shape, plating on the clip and trim rings is around 98% intact.
    - Later gen 100N Green with a flexible EF nib. In great shape, might need a polish though. Plating on the trim rings is around 99% intact, clip renewed.
    - Later gen 101N Tortoise with a flexible N nib (left foot oblique EF). My Baby <3 Needs a gentle polish though. Plating on the trims is around 96% intact, clip 100%.

Up for grabs:
    - 400NN with an OF nib + a matching(?) pencil. Some pitting and plating loss on the clips etc. Otherwise in very nice shape.
    - Black 500 Double L with an M nib. In need of polishing, the doublee cap is covered with microscratches as is the pen body too. Few minor dings.
    - Burgundy 140 with a nice M nib. This one has serious plating loss but otherwise in ok shape. Also, the feed needs work. As in, the pen runs for a bit and then just stops.

My trio of 100/101N > https://www.instagram.com/p/BCOKupjyzTd/
    Ok, added one grey and one green post-war (synthetic seal) 100N and a 400NN Tortoise to the mix. So I reckon that makes it nine for fountain pens (got matching mechanical pencils for the 100N and 400NN series). Hmmm... will need to get a new piston shaft/rod for one of the 100N, anyone in the know?
    You can get a 100N piston assembly from Dayne Nix:

http://www.dayneswritesite.com/parts...s-contact.html

Thanks

I donīt any one yet but I'm incubating one that will "hatch" in August. This will be the first of my future Flock. I envy all of you. I hope some day to have a great flock. I just love the pelikan pens!!

Thanks

I'm just a Pelikan beginner with my black 205 Classic, but I find that it is just about the perfect length and diameter for everyday use for me.

Thanks

Number 4 is on its way. greeen/black M150 to be added to the following:

120 Merz & Krell (black)
    M200 blue marbled
    M200 Cognac
    Brad "Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Thanks

Just one (italic)

DSC_6525-3 by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to snowbear For This Useful Post:

bluesea (April 8th, 2016), Frank (September 2nd, 2016), Lady Onogaro (April 8th, 2016), RuiFromUK (April 13th, 2016), Terie_Benjamin (April 9th, 2016)

Thanks

Actually got a new piston shaft from a 140... and have a bunch of wrecked 120 coming my way, going to salvage them for pistons (drop in replacement to later gen 100N). Other than that... got myself another post WWII 100N. This time a black F-nib one, pictured second from the right.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mana For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (April 26th, 2016), earthdawn (April 25th, 2016), farmdogfan (June 21st, 2016), fountainpenkid (May 5th, 2016)

Thanks

Not a single one and unfortunately, the one I fell in love with (head over heels) was a limited edition and I don't know enough to buy one from eBay or someplace like that. The Cafe & Creme just stole my heart and I would love this to be my first Pelikan. The Amethyst is a close second. I am thinking that I will try to learn enough to buy one privately--depending on my learning curve, I will give up and get the Amethyst.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
    Not a single one and unfortunately, the one I fell in love with (head over heels) was a limited edition and I don't know enough to buy one from eBay or someplace like that. The Cafe & Creme just stole my heart and I would love this to be my first Pelikan. The Amethyst is a close second. I am thinking that I will try to learn enough to buy one privately--depending on my learning curve, I will give up and get the Amethyst.
    The Cafe Creme and Amethyst both show up occasionally used both here and on other forums. Aesthetic Bay in Singapore still has them on their website. You may also be able to call some local (to wherever you are) stores and find one.
    Pens and Perspective for all hands, great and small (including pen reviews by the small handed!)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to katherine For This Useful Post:

Nevermore (May 2nd, 2016)

Thanks

Unfortunately none. I would love to own the pink.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katherine View Post
    The Cafe Creme and Amethyst both show up occasionally used both here and on other forums. Aesthetic Bay in Singapore still has them on their website. You may also be able to call some local (to wherever you are) stores and find one.
    Well, Katherine, I don't know how to thank you! I have ordered it from Aesthetic Bay (and even used expedited shipping). I am truly grateful for the information and the time you took to respond.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by katherine View Post
    Well, Katherine, I don't know how to thank you! I have ordered it from Aesthetic Bay (and even used expedited shipping). I am truly grateful for the information and the time you took to respond.
    You're welcome! I've admired that pen from a distance for a while, but haven't had the $$$ to spend that much on a single pen. (I did oggle it in person back in January when I was in Singapore... at Aesthetic Bay!) I hope it it shows up quickly!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 599 Posts

Three, and at least for now, that's enough:
    Pelikan 400 Black Stripe--semi-flex XF nib
    Pelikan 400 Tortoise--semi-flex F-M nib
    Pelikan 400 Green Stripe--hard semi-flex Medium stub

I still sometimes want a White tortoise again though... (sadly, they have not become any more affordable since U.s distribution ended).
    Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

Thanks

I am waiting for my first Pelikan to arrive (a Cafe Creme). I have never used tracked shipping before and it has upped my anticipation quite a bit--following the pen on its journey (so far it seems to have made it through two sets of customs already). Since it is coming from so far away, it is on my mind a bit and I have been spending some time trying to decide which ink to put in it. I have two perfectly reasonable choices on hand (Noodler's Golden Brown and Noodler's Kiowa Pecan) but it also seems like a good excuse (er, reason) to get J. Herbins Cafe des Iles or Lie de the. Just having too much fun.

Thanks

You need the Lie de the. It's a great brown ink.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,529 Times in 1,299 Posts

None. I've never seen a Pelikan pen. Unlikely to either, here.