Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Incwriyear?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyIvan
    It will burn faster with the plastic or PVC sheet the calcium carbonate is adhered too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogon07
    Finally a use for that "stone" paper to give you a bit of a challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by manoeuver View Post
    That's why I've filled my home with the finest flammables and accelerants.
    Hey, thanks, I needed the laugh today! Y'all are just too marvelous for words. I need to send you some letters saying just that.

And of course, a letter to the Flammable Ink Command Post, for the 'Sheets of Flame' live event. Holy sheets, of course.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

Holy sheets indeed!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by caribbean_skye View Post
    Did you add your info to the InCoWriMo Mailing list?
    I did, and I'm having a blast so far!
    Patrice

I take pictures

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magnesium68 View Post
    I'm against the idea of pushing INCOWRIMO further than the end of march max.If you do so, there wont be anything special when february 2014 will come. To turn this into a full year event is like asking christmas to be everyday , get the point?

I would also delete the mailing list on INCOWRIMO at the end of the month.
    I was assuming that those of us who participate this time around could keep writing to each other as regular pen pals if we want to, and hopefully next year when February comes, there will be a whole new class of eager correspondents to join in. That's when we could try writing to new people if we so choose, depending on time and motivation.
    Patrice

I take pictures

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie.in.Dixie View Post
    I was assuming that those of us who participate this time around could keep writing to each other as regular pen pals if we want to, and hopefully next year when February comes, there will be a whole new class of eager correspondents to join in. That's when we could try writing to new people if we so choose, depending on time and motivation.
    I'm with Trixie--I assumed that we'd keep writing to folks who respond to us past February. I know that's what I'm going to do. My thing is, I've never had a penpal pre-InCoWriMo. I went from 0 to seven and counting. I've got some new friends now--as in, we've been responding to each other's letters--and I'm not about to say "thank you, come again!" and shut the door on them until next February.

So...personally, I do want to keep writing to the folks who have written to me. However, I'd want all InCoWriMo threads or blog posts that display addresses to be deleted at the end of the month. I'm fine with my new penpals having my address, but nobody else for the rest of the year. And I hope that someday, we could have a "walled garden" mailing address list so that if we want to find new penpals anytime of the year, the list will be there for us.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 543 Posts

I can't seem to find your name and address on the list therox. So if you're up for one more correspondent PM your info to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    To continue to diminish the place of the handwritten in our lives is to diminish, in a small but real way, our humanity. Philip Hensher

Dunno ergo sum

Thanks

I photographed a handwritten status on National Handwriting Day.

Thanks

I've been handwriting statuses on and off with InCoWriMo. Originally, I was planning on doing a kind of blog on a steno pad, but I got too busy and haven't kept up with it. Besides...I learned that my Facebook friends don't really care what I handwrite. It's bizarre...I think that if I wanted to keep something private, all I'd have to do is write it down because people don't seem to have the patience for reading handwritten things.

On the other hand: I think this idea of handwriting statuses would work if more people did it. When it's just one person, the results get pretty depressing very fast.

Thanks

Yeah, to echo WritingRav's sentiments, I'd love to drop you a line and if you'd like to hear from me, pls PM me your address.

Thanks.

Thanks

Yeah, to echo WritingRav's sentiments, I'd love to drop you a line and if you'd like to hear from me, pls PM me your address.

Thanks.
    +1 I can then add another Safari user to my list!!

Thanks

I would also like some version of InCoWriMo to continue. Although I have not received as many letters and postcards as I hoped or imagined, I have appreciated every one that I have received. To every correspondence that I have received in the mail, I have sent a letter or card in return. In this process, I hope that I have made or will potentially make a few new friends or penpals.

It would be disappointing to end all correspondence on the 28th of this month. Although e-mail or texting may be faster means of communication between two or more people, there is something quite pleasing about receiving a handwritten letter from someone who took a moment to sit down, compose their thoughts, and put pen to paper. Some effort had to be made, it wasn't a simple means of pushing a few buttons.

I enjoy using my fountain pens, but in a world of smartphones, text messages, and other forms of electronic communication, the most that I use my fountain pens for is to take notes at meetings, redline shop drawings, or sign documents. Perhaps one day I may keep a personal written journal, but for now InCoWriMo has given me the most opportunity to use my pens, inks, and stationary everyday.

Therefore, I am open to anyone who would be interesting in corresponding with me after the 28th (at a slower pace, of course).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vhr5 View Post
    I would also like some version of InCoWriMo to continue. Although I have not received as many letters and postcards as I hoped or imagined, I have appreciated every one that I have received. To every correspondence that I have received in the mail, I have sent a letter or card in return. In this process, I hope that I have made or will potentially make a few new friends or penpals.

It would be disappointing to end all correspondence on the 28th of this month. Although e-mail or texting may be faster means of communication between two or more people, there is something quite pleasing about receiving a handwritten letter from someone who took a moment to sit down, compose their thoughts, and put pen to paper. Some effort had to be made, it wasn't a simple means of pushing a few buttons.

I enjoy using my fountain pens, but in a world of smartphones, text messages, and other forms of electronic communication, the most that I use my fountain pens for is to take notes at meetings, redline shop drawings, or sign documents. Perhaps one day I may keep a personal written journal, but for now InCoWriMo has given me the most opportunity to use my pens, inks, and stationary everyday.

Therefore, I am open to anyone who would be interesting in corresponding with me after the 28th (at a slower pace, of course).
    Hey vhr5, I'd be happy to send you something....I started a bit late, so it might arrive after the 28th. I think you're in the part of Ohio where the Zanerian College was, maybe? Now I think of it, I may have forgotten to put my address in the right thread, but I'll find you over there and try to compose some mailable thoughts!

Thanks

I'm definitely open to continuing to correspond past the end of this month--just without the quota. Other challenges or activities of some kind, sure, but not a quota.

That reminds me...for InCoWriMo next year, I'd like to suggest the addition of "icebreaker" writing prompts or activities to help smooth the way toward writing letters to strangers, in particular. Something not involving fountain pens, though. Talking shop is always an option, but how about going at least a little past that to just talk? A little extra guidance would help with that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carole View Post
    Hey vhr5, I'd be happy to send you something....I started a bit late, so it might arrive after the 28th. I think you're in the part of Ohio where the Zanerian College was, maybe? Now I think of it, I may have forgotten to put my address in the right thread, but I'll find you over there and try to compose some mailable thoughts!
    Thank you, I look forward to your correspondence.

Thanks

I feel special now because I'm one of those few, and we have written to each other twice already!
    Patrice

I take pictures

Thanks

I have received letters, that I will continue corresponding to.
    I enjoy writing to people all over the world via postcard or a letter. I think this month is a staring point of making new friends, that share the love fountain pens. In this fast paced world of everything instant, it is great to sit down and write a letter.

InCoWri 2018, Letter Writers Alliance Member, Postable link: www.postable.com/bradharris, postcrossing

Thanks

Agreed! I know I tend to reply fairly quickly and that's because if I don't I'll forget. Plus I get such a "high" reading the letters that emails and text messages don't seem to give me. Don't worry Vhr5, I'm sure you'll get more letters before the month is out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoXFiles View Post
    I'm definitely open to continuing to correspond past the end of this month--just without the quota. Other challenges or activities of some kind, sure, but not a quota.

That reminds me...for InCoWriMo next year, I'd like to suggest the addition of "icebreaker" writing prompts or activities to help smooth the way toward writing letters to strangers, in particular. Something not involving fountain pens, though. Talking shop is always an option, but how about going at least a little past that to just talk? A little extra guidance would help with that.
    I think that's a good idea, sometimes besides shop talk. Maybe we could do a theme week or month? I know in most of the letters where I initially wrote, I rarely said anything about fountain pens, mainly because I like to ramble. Although wouldn't it be fun if every day was a different theme. I'm sure some could get quite creative. Eric?!?!

Thanks

I think that's a good idea, sometimes besides shop talk. Maybe we could do a theme week or month? I know in most of the letters where I initially wrote, I rarely said anything about fountain pens, mainly because I like to ramble. Although wouldn't it be fun if every day was a different theme. I'm sure some could get quite creative. Eric?!?!
    I was thinking the same thing. What I had in mind was something of a cross between creative writing and writing to penpals. I think it'd be interesting.

I think that for best results, if we have writing prompts or activities of some kind, they have to work well with folks who are writing to strangers as well as friends--like, if strangers want to use these prompts or activities to break the ice, great! But if friends want to use these activities just to have something to talk about and, perhaps, learn something new about each other, that's great too. I also wouldn't want these prompts or activities to be too...constricting, I guess? It's important that we get to say what we want to say, and on our terms. I wouldn't want anyone to feel that the activities or prompts should have to dominate any letter we write. I think they should only be a springboard for conversation, not a template or foundation for writing full letters.
    Last edited by TheRoXFiles; February 22nd, 2013 at 08:18 PM.

Thanks

I didn't jump onto InCoWriMo, noticed it too late, so would love to be able to write to people and receive mail. I can't remember the last time I received hand written letters in the post.

Not to keen on posting up my address for all the world to see though, so I'd have to dish it out privately.

I like Rox's idea of themes or challenges, makes it seem a little more fun.

Where do I sign up?
    Last edited by TonyJones; February 23rd, 2013 at 02:13 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TonyJones View Post
    I didn't jump onto InCoWriMo, noticed it too late, so would love to be able to write to people and receive mail. I can't remember the last time I received hand written letters in the post.

Not to keen on posting up my address for all the world to see though, so I'd have to dish it out privately.
    Yes, I did notice you didn't offer up your address. After your other posts re: biscuits I already had a mental letter to you all written out but alas no address. Hehe. I guess you could have always done as some others did and either a) initiated the letters or b) stated that if people were interested to PM you privately for said info.