Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My First Nakaya

Thanks

Default Re: My First Nakaya

I'm kind of hooked on Nakaya now. The nib looks just like a platinum but I swear it's smoother. I love the size of the portable and even with the metal screw on it's not heavy at all to me. My future goals are for a Neo, a Decapid Twist, and a Naka ai.
    I have 3 of my grail pens, the Nakaya, a Murex long pen, a Pelikan 1000 with a Masuyama stub on the way so I have to revamp my list.
    Last edited by Curtisvan; September 22nd, 2016 at 03:05 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Curtisvan View Post
    I'm kind of hooked on Nakaya now. The nib looks just like a platinum but I swear it's smother. I love the size of the portable and even with the metal screw on it's not heavy at all to me. My future goals are for a Neo, a Decapid Twist, and a Naka ai.
    I have 3 of my grail pens, the Nakaya, a Murex long pen, a Pelikan 1000 with a Masuyama stub on the way so I have to revamp my list.
    A couple things to remember. One thing about the Neo Standard is that it takes nearly four full turns to cap or uncap. The Portable, Piccolo, Decapod and Naka-ai take between one and two full turns. I have no problem living with the extra turns but if you are capping and uncapping frequently it can get to be annoying.

The section on the Neo Standard is considerably and functionally longer which I do like during extended writing sessions.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jar For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (January 11th, 2017), Red Harry N. G. (September 27th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,040 Times in 4,011 Posts

My future goals are for a Neo, a Decapod Twist, and a Naka ai.
    Oh my: of all places, I was at a Pelikan Hub the other night when I had an opportunity to examine and use a Decapod in the sumi-gold finish, and I was done for. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to afford that pen, but my goodness, my heart stood still.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    My future goals are for a Neo, a Decapod Twist, and a Naka ai.
    Oh my: of all places, I was at a Pelikan Hub the other night when I had an opportunity to examine and use a Decapod in the sumi-gold finish, and I was done for. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to afford that pen, but my goodness, my heart stood still.
    You may thank this man probably. He designs many of the pens and is their nib expert. Mine came from John Mottishaw since I get him to make them stub or cursive italic. But the Music nib is stock block Yoshida.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jar For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (September 21st, 2016)

Thanks

I love this pen!

Regardless of what it takes, invest in getting it to write to your desires. That is a pen that will last many lifetimes and is not one that is mass produced by any measure.

It is on my short A list!

Incredible work!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bisquitlips For This Useful Post:

KrazyIvan (January 7th, 2017), SquishyInk (January 5th, 2017)

Thanks

All very tempting... I have a Platinum Century but have always fancied a Platinum Izumo, maybe it is the next step?

Thanks

+1. I have used the Platinum blue-black cartridges that John Mottishaw sends with both my Nakayas and have had no problems whatever. The ink is pretty water-resistant as well.

Thanks

I had only heard about these "things", and one day I had some "extra change" in my wallet when one popped up for sale in 2012. Darn, it was so pretty that I just had to have it.....The guy listed all kinds of specific's about the pen, including where he purchased it which was Nibs.com. Heck, he even posted his phone number for anyone to call him directly to close the deal immediately. It was a Nakaya Decapod Cigar in the Color of AKA-Tamenuri which is Reddish / Dark Red and it came with a Maki- E Converter. The Nib is a Medium 0.49mm w / a Little Flex.......This is one of my Top 4 or 5 Pens that I own and I have around 700 pieces in my collection! She writes so incredibly smooth, that's it borders on unbeliveable! I am so Happy that I stretched and bought this pen, that it's not even Funny.......
    Mike

Visconti Last Lira aka Luigi Einaudi # 63 of 975, Stipula Yellow Da Vinci Carbon Fiber T, Stipula Model T, Vintage Fountain Pens, Delta Amerigo Vespucci LE F/P, Pelikan Special Edition Sahara F/P, TWSBI Micarta, Danitrio Mikado,Genkai Nakaya Decapodl Cigar, Watley in Woodgrain!, Marlen Yellow Liberty LE, Santa Fe Style Custom "51" Made by Ralph Prather - president New Mexico Pen Collector's Club