Thread: Why so very few postings about inexpensive Chinese pens?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,423 Posts

Default Re: Why so very few postings about inexpensive Chinese pens?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrawler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrawler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    That seems to be the common snag. They all seem unnecessarily heavy to me. On the other hand I don't really mind heavy pens.
    The fact of weight has been an issue for me for a long time and more so now that I have limited hand function due to medical treatments. The brass body pens weighting more than 40g become tiresome very quickly and the reason I appreciate some of the more expensive European types is that the materials are much less weighty.
    Seems to me that you would like some of the beautiful inexpensive acrylic Chinese pens, too, then. I love them and own several, partly because they are light in weight.
    I would love some recommendations. I am looking for an absolute maximum of 20g.
    Wow, that is super-light. I would write Doug Rathburn and ask him. I wrote and asked him a generic Chinese pen question, and he was very helpful to me. Do you know his youtube channel, Inkquiring MInds?

My "light" beautiful pens are the Jinhao 100s and the Hongdian N1. But I am not sure of their actual weights. Pen BBS makes some all-acrylic beautiful pens that must also be quite light. I don't own any of those, but Doug Rathburn (or Inkquiring Minds) does, and so does Aaron of Aaron's Pen Videos. Both these guys are huge Penbbs fans and have posted many reviews of the models.

I am not sure if the 20g limit means that the pen cannot have any brass inside it. If brass is precluded, then you will have to look at all-plastic only. But I don't know.
    Last edited by TSherbs; January 17th, 2022 at 04:44 PM.