Thread: WTB: OMAS Arte Italiana Arco Celluloid or Liquid Green

Thanks

Default WTB: OMAS Arte Italiana Arco Celluloid or Liquid Green

Hello! I have a bad habit of preferring to lurk around, but I figured I might as well have to start posting somewhere at some point.

I am currently on the hunt for either one of these two pens. The first one does take priority however.

1. OMAS Arte Italiana Paragon in Arco Celluloid
    This is essentially my grail pen. I've been on the lookout for years now, and every time I am presented with one, I shied away due to the price tag. These are getting notoriously difficult to hunt down and I don't think I can afford to continue putting it off lest I abandon my dreams of owning this pen. Any nib size is fine, but I do prefer Fine and Medium nibs.
    EDIT: I can't believe this, but I actually found one for sale and in my nib size. Grail obtained!

2. OMAS Arte Italiana Vision in Liquid Green
    Passed this one up in Tokyo and have regretted it ever since. (Why do I keep doing this to OMAS'?!) Looking for this one in either Fine or Medium nib.

I am located in Canada, but I do have a locker down in the USA as well. So shipping to either address is OK, whichever is easiest and most cost-effective for you. :) Feel free to leave me a PM, message here, or even email me at daviseshen@hotmail.com

Thank you,
    Davise
    Last edited by dotparty; October 5th, 2016 at 02:34 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: WTB: OMAS Arte Italiana Arco Celluloid or Liquid Green

The arco is my grail pen aswell. Good luck finding one!
    I am in a facebook group where someone is selling one in extra fine for 650 usd.

Thanks

I found an arco online at a watch company in Philadelphia last week for $1000 but it's gone now. How do you get into that FB group?

Thanks

Join here: https://facebook.com/?_rdr#!/groups/...=group_comment

The arco post seems to be gone..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rubendh View Post
    I am in a facebook group where someone is selling one in extra fine for 650 usd.
    Thank you!
    Oh! I think I know which one you are talking about, was it in a Milord size? If so, I have seen the listing for it! It's just that I find the Milord size to be too small for me, so I would much rather pay more for the Paragon which I know will be the perfect size.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dotparty View Post
    Thank you!
    Oh! I think I know which one you are talking about, was it in a Milord size? If so, I have seen the listing for it! It's just that I find the Milord size to be too small for me, so I would much rather pay more for the Paragon which I know will be the perfect size.
    Indeed it was that one! Yes, it was the milord size, I didn't knew there's such a big difference sizewise? Anyway, this is quite offtopic but you meight need to read this http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo...s-information/

Good luck finding the grail pen!

Thanks

Indeed it was that one! Yes, it was the milord size, I didn't knew there's such a big difference sizewise? Anyway, this is quite offtopic but you meight need to read this http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo...s-information/
    Good luck finding the grail pen!
    The Milord is similar in size to a M800 or MB146. To make matters confusing the old-style Paragons (either vintage or newly made old-style) are about the same size as modern Milords. Modern Paragons (produced in last ten years and aren't old-style) are closer in size to a M1000 or MB 149. I only know this because I bought a new old-style Paragon not realizing it was a smaller size than a modern Paragon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mulrich View Post
    The Milord is similar in size to a M800 or MB146. To make matters confusing the old-style Paragons (either vintage or newly made old-style) are about the same size as modern Milords. Modern Paragons (produced in last ten years and aren't old-style) are closer in size to a M1000 or MB 149. I only know this because I bought a new old-style Paragon not realizing it was a smaller size than a modern Paragon.
    Yes! Super confusing! There was also that OMAS that someone purchased on FPG that had the piston filling system, but the pen was Milord-sized, which only makes things even more confusing since I was under the impression that most of their Milord pens were C/C? I could be terribly wrong of course.

Thanks

The Milord-sized new old-style Paragon that I bought is a piston. I'm not sure what Milord's typically use but I thought they were piston-filled.