Thread: mini collections...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Re: mini collections...

Okay, I've taken my camera out this morning and broken into my storage chest to get some of my mini-collections out. First, Kaweco Sport Art fountain pens, not quite a complete collection yet. I really love the way the classic octagonal pocket pen becomes a little jewel with the wonderful acrylic that's used.

In a completely different style, though also German, the Lamy 2000. I have three FPs of different vintages in black macrolon, the regular stainless and the stainless special edition, rollerball, ballpoints makrolon, taxus and blackwood, and a mechanical pencil. There's not much room left in the box...

Another mini-collection I'm very fond of, my Merlins - mainly the Merlin 33, but also Perfect, Elegant, and the little piston-filler (which I seem to remember is Triumph). All found on ebay, through the years. Still waiting for the 'coconut macaroon' one to show up.

Off to France, and a collection of Waterman Lady Elsa, Agathe, and Patricia pens. I adore these - the Elsa made in old galalith stock, particularly. They're a 1970s/80s bow to the early Waterman pens, and I think carry off the historic reference very nicely. With them is a Jean-Pierre Lepine mini pen, the Attila (small but powerful) in a chatoyant acrylic.

And finally - a box of Osmias and Rotrings. Spot the Osmi-brook Frankenpen that started it all! Most of these acquired in the wild in various states of decrepitude, and awaiting repair.

Hope this helps to get the ball rolling, though these little accumulations are nothing compared to a full set of P51 aerometrics. (Oh, I wish, I wish! I just keep finding black and grey!)

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to amk For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

caribbean_skye (October 21st, 2016), christof (October 13th, 2016), Cyril (June 13th, 2023), da vinci (October 15th, 2016), ethernautrix (October 31st, 2016), frmamede (December 12th, 2016), Ismaeldallastx (August 6th, 2023), jodylud (December 23rd, 2016), Kgbenson (August 3rd, 2023), Lady Onogaro (October 14th, 2016), NumberSix (August 2nd, 2020), penwash (October 13th, 2016), Red Harry N. G. (October 21st, 2016), TropicalPenGal (March 22nd, 2017), Yazeh (March 8th, 2021)