Thread: KWZ - Theft's Red

Thanks

Default KWZ - Thief's Red

Happy Halloween!...I would like to take the opportunity and present absolutely stunning ink by KWZ called - Thief's Red.
    According to Konrad from KWZ, the name was made, because he heard a story about punishing caught thieves by putting them dressed in bright colors on public view. For me this reminds rather gore like scene where the Thief was publicly lynched without being in custody and sentenced at first place, or his hands were cut off as a punishment. Who knows, maybe the 'Thief’s Blood' would be more catch name for this ink ...again is Halloween today.

Anyway, KWZ - Thief's Red is well saturated red ink. Is not to bright, scarlet like red or too dark either and for this reason I found this color very pleasing, for text editing Is smooth and writing experience is very good. It performs very well on most types of decent quality paper. On cheap and very absorbing ones ...well, these are cheap and most inks do not cope with it anyway - but not bad actually.
    Ink is water based and as you may expect is not water resistant.
    If you like red inks, than I would highly recommend it. One of my favorite red inks, for sure.

A little bit more about this ink you may find on my blog, where I reviewed it coupe of weeks ago.

Last edited by Clumsypenman; October 31st, 2016 at 04:11 PM.
    My InkFusion site www.clumsypenman.com

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Clumsypenman For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Ahriman4891 (August 10th, 2017), BayesianPrior (October 31st, 2016), datainadequate (October 31st, 2016), EHV (November 23rd, 2016), ethernautrix (October 31st, 2016), fountainpenkid (February 19th, 2017), frmamede (December 11th, 2016), HoLmeslice (January 24th, 2017), Jon Szanto (October 31st, 2016), KKay (January 21st, 2017), Marsilius (January 15th, 2017), Pterodactylus (November 6th, 2016), stub (February 19th, 2017), TSherbs (January 24th, 2017), WmEdwards (October 31st, 2016), Yazeh (November 25th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

Default Re: KWZ - Theft's Red

I already own and love this ink, so your stunningly beautiful review is just a bonus. Lovely... but don't waste all your ink!
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 10,473 Times in 4,007 Posts

I think the correct spelling should be 'Thief's Red'

It's a nice ink.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    I think the correct spelling should be 'Thief's Red'

It's a nice ink.
    Thank you Chrissy for pointing this out. My clumsiness....I have already corrected it (unfortunately not on my swab/writing test).
    Last edited by Clumsypenman; October 31st, 2016 at 04:16 PM.
    My InkFusion site www.clumsypenman.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clumsypenman For This Useful Post:

Wade (November 1st, 2016)

Thanks

Hmmm... I like reds, and I really like the look of that ink. Need to get me some.

Thanks

Now that is flat out RED, and a real attention grabber. Great photos!

Thanks

Default Re: KWZ - Thief's Red

I love your reviews . This is such a gorgeous color! I am not really one for red ink but I may have to make an exception!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always in search of pens and ink, especially pinks and purples lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SquishyInk For This Useful Post:

KKay (December 11th, 2016)

Thanks

Great ink review, thanks. Definitely on my list of inks to buy.

InCoWri 2018, Letter Writers Alliance Member, Postable link: www.postable.com/bradharris, postcrossing

Thanks

Great ink review, thanks. Definitely on my list of inks to buy.

InCoWri 2018, Letter Writers Alliance Member, Postable link: www.postable.com/bradharris, postcrossing

Thanks

That's a beautiful red ink! Thanks for the review.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,422 Posts

Just saw this. Beautiful!

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 5.0 HD using Tapatalk

Thanks

On my third fill of this.

I left my (new) usual go-to red, Montblanc Corn Poppy Red behind while on the road and picked this up as a stop-gap. It's turned out to be an instant favorite. A very rich and saturated ink of a relatively pure red color and middle brightness with so far really good behavior. I know reds are tough because of the nature of the dyes used but this is a really rich velvety red that I have been using since December and has been very good so far. No shading and has the feel and opaque cover quite like that of a pigment ink.

Those looking for a good rich middle red that goes on really rich like a paint marker with no shading will like this. This stuff is potent solid rich red.
    I have cycled through a lot of reds. I am exceedingly fussy about the color (HATE BURGUNDY, HATE super bright or pinky reds) and hate all those nib crud reds. Zero issues so far with this one, though I am not sure how it will clean out being so saturated.

I buy lots of reds and immediately flip the ones I dislike. This one is a keeper.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stub For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (August 10th, 2017), KKay (August 10th, 2017), rvthof (August 10th, 2017)

Thanks

Like SquishyInk, I don't normally use red but may reconsider after reading this. Do you dedicate a pen to red ink, or just rinse really thoroughly between colors?

I forwarded your review to a friend who writes with a red ballpoint, whom I'm encouraging to join the happy world of fountain pens.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,422 Posts

Wow

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 5.0 HD using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R.A. Stewart View Post
    Do you dedicate a pen to red ink, or just rinse really thoroughly between colors?
    Not addressed to me but I'll answer anyway. Perhaps the OP will chime in too.

I am mostly a vintage pen user. Generally have half a dozen Parkers and Sheaffers inked or maybe a 50s Italian pen (my Omas 361 or Aurora 88). And then one or two modern Japanese pens (right now 2 Sailors).

But I usually use red for an occasional sentence or so, underline or star something or (a lot) for grading. I tend to find a cheaper easier to clean c/c pen for red ink. I have 2 Lamy Safari that will often get red inks. They are easy to clean with a bulb syringe. Not only because red inks can often clog, or rot sacks but well who wants to fill their best pen with an ink you aren't going to use that much? My favorite pens all get everyday inks (usually blue) so that i can use them at home and work.

In Korea you have to be careful about red ink. You are never supposed to use red to write a person's name so that really puts a lid on red ink for regular writing. Even at work, if I am writing people's name on the white board and I have a red marker in my hand I switch to something else.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to stub For This Useful Post:

KKay (August 10th, 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stub View Post
    But I usually use red for an occasional sentence or so, underline or star something or (a lot) for grading. I tend to find a cheaper easier to clean c/c pen for red ink.
    That makes sense. "C/c" means cartridge/converter?

I have 2 Lamy Safari that will often get red inks. They are easy to clean with a bulb syringe. Not only because red inks can often clog, or rot sacks but well who wants to fill their best pen with an ink you aren't going to use that much? My favorite pens all get everyday inks (usually blue) so that i can use them at home and work.
    Yes, again, that makes sense. If I really like a pen, I want to use it a lot.

In Korea you have to be careful about red ink. You are never supposed to use red to write a person's name so that really puts a lid on red ink for regular writing. Even at work, if I am writing people's name on the white board and I have a red marker in my hand I switch to something else.
    This is interesting! I am learning Korean for work as well as personal satisfaction, and I always like to hear these insights into the culture from my Korean-American friends and acquaintances.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R.A. Stewart View Post
    That makes sense. "C/c" means cartridge/converter?
    Yes. I usually try not to speak in acronym but c/c is a common (lazy) way to refer to cartridge/converter pens.

Thanks

I still have this in the same pen, inked continuously since December last year and really think this ink is extraordinary. Super flow. Never cruds up like many orange, red and brown inks do. Despite the heavy saturation it has not even stained a converter and is surprisingly easy to clean out.

Find me another red ink that is this high chroma, this easy flowing, does not crud up or stain. I can't think of one. Anyone else having such extraordinary results with this ink?

This is really something. I have not used it in a lot of pens, or in vintage pens but mostly in cheaper cartridge/converter pens (been in this same Safari continuously for one) but I am mightily impressed.

Price per m/l is also good.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stub For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (August 9th, 2017), KKay (August 10th, 2017)