Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Legal Documents

Thanks

Default Re: Legal Documents

Quote Originally Posted by naimitsu View Post
    Interestingly enough, I got it drilled in my head to never sign your name in Red.
    According to my family, in Chinese culture, the use of red ink for a name indicates that the person is deceased. If you weren't and used read, it's a bad omen.
    Though not sure about the chop seals with their names on them... the red rule might also apply. I haven't looked into it, so if someone else who knows would clarify, that'd be great
    I have seen small inking pads inked with vermilion (a bright red pigment made from cinnabar) sold for use with chop seals. It was touted as the traditional way to use the seal. I have no idea if that is correct, based on custom or tradition.

Thanks

Latino culture has the same rules.... no siganture in red as that is disrespectful

IN Ecuador to this day ONLY blue is legal, no black, pruple, green, etc. Only Blue

Quote Originally Posted by naimitsu View Post
    Interestingly enough, I got it drilled in my head to never sign your name in Red.
    According to my family, in Chinese culture, the use of red ink for a name indicates that the person is deceased. If you weren't and used read, it's a bad omen.
    Though not sure about the chop seals with their names on them... the red rule might also apply. I haven't looked into it, so if someone else who knows would clarify, that'd be great
    Unix is user-friendly ; it's just picky about who it's friends are -

Thanks

I read somewhere that legal firms still use Word Perfect. I wonder if that is why they don't know about color photocopiers.

Thanks

I use Montblanc Permanent Blue regularly and it's quite permanent. Of course if you try to wash it off before the ink has time to absorb into the paper and dry you'll remove a little bit of it, but if you give it a minute or two and then run it under the faucet you'll find it quite permanent. I've done a few permanence tests and it generally looks the same before and after running water over it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Scooby921 For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (November 5th, 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WmEdwards View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyRussell View Post
    I always recommend to clients that they not use black ink on legal documents simply because it helps distinguish the original document from a photocopy.
    This is the "rule of thumb" for every U.S. law office with which I am familiar. Blue means "original signature."
    When I worked in the nuclear power plant industry, I always wrote in blue. Someone in their infinite wisdom decided that black was the only color ink that could be used. I asked why. The answer was that blue didn't Xerox (copy). I used the copier in the office and the blue ink copied perfectly. My reply was that the blue demonstrated it was an origional document. I still had to use blue. That was in the 70’s.
    We have met the enemy and he is us.
    -Pogo

Thanks

I use Sailor Sei-boku when I need the ink to be waterproof and fade resistant.
    It's a really nice blue with a touch of teal to it.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
    JFT96 - YNWA

Thanks

Here's a water permanence test from a few months ago including three Montblanc permanent inks. Note the black was out of a dip nib and went on really thick. Ran it under the faucet for a good 30 seconds and then let it sit for a bit before snapping the photo. And for what it's worth the permanent grey was a Visconti dreamtouch, which are known for being really wet nibs.

Last edited by Scooby921; November 6th, 2016 at 05:15 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gbryal View Post
    I read somewhere that legal firms still use Word Perfect. I wonder if that is why they don't know about color photocopiers.
    We have multiple color copiers. But still observe the convention of using blue ink for original signatures.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mookie2112 View Post
    Just going by what a judge told me. Basically, one can use any ink they want, but for true meaning: blue = sovereign, purple=royal, black=dead.
    Given that rules/laws about this sort of thing vary state by state in the U.S, and that a large percentage of people using this forum are from countries other than the U.S., it might be helpful if you would answer the original question (ie What jurisdiction?).

My only dealings with signing any documents that involved a lawyer were a couple years ago in Michigan, U.S.A., and the lawyer involved said that there were no legal requirements as to color of ink used. FWIW, most people were using some generic office supply store brand of gel pen, and I was using Hero 232 Blue Black.

I have been told by lawyers of my acquaintance (a bunch of people I knew in college ended up as lawyers somehow) from other states that their state specifically required a certain color or colors for legal forms submitted to the state, or forbade some specific color.

I have heard "wive's tales" about signing checks or contracts with red ink meant they weren't actually valid. I did not believe it and have asked a lawyer--a very good lawyer that I trust--about this. The lawyer verified that this was not correct.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WmEdwards View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyRussell View Post
    I always recommend to clients that they not use black ink on legal documents simply because it helps distinguish the original document from a photocopy.
    This is the "rule of thumb" for every U.S. law office with which I am familiar. Blue means "original signature."

Judges do not sign in blue....they sign in black. A judge is a "dead entity".

For instance the man, John Doe would sign in Blue, whereas the Judge John Doe signs in black.

The Judge is a fictional entity until it is assumed by a man, in this case, John Doe.

Thanks

In handling legal documents, precision is paramount. Utilizing typewriting services is key to avoiding errors. The crucial step is selecting the most reliable service, ensuring the utmost accuracyChoose wisely for a flawless process!
    Last edited by Mık Joger; December 28th, 2023 at 12:39 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,479 Times in 4,007 Posts

Jog on spammer ^^^
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

I spent some time as a Background Investigator and we had applicants use black ink, while we used red (to distinguish what we wrote from the applicants' writing).