Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Complete. How'd you do?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

Default Complete. How'd you do?

Got one written this morning, it'll go out today.

Looking at my InCoWriMo calendar I sent off about 31 letters this month.

Looking at my stack, I received 20 or so so far. Unless I missed one accidentally I've replied to them all.

In a normal month I receive 0 or 1 handwritten letters, usually from immediate family.

My experience of the month: Freakin Sweet.

I will respond to letters that continue to come in, despite my hubris about immolating late arrivals.

To all who wrote me: thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 669 Posts

Complete, super happy, and totally satisfied. I can't remember the last time so many great letters filled my mailbox? Probably never. More replies to be done tonight, at least some, and 4 of 84 letters go out today on my way to work. This is the best thing I have been part of in a long time!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Lee View Post
    Complete, super happy, and totally satisfied.
    Me too! My mailbox has never seen that much action Usually I'm getting the umpteenth Capital One offer and bills.

I sent out 34 in February but I'm going to still keep writing. I've got a lot of people on my list yet that I still plan to write and at least 8 replies to send so March will be a letter writing month for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

Complete with three letters to spare. I just need to mail them out whenever my stamps get here.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot

Thanks

I've sent 44 so far. One is still in progress, awaiting a trip to the PO for an international stamp. Several are awaiting replies. Every letter I have received has been delightful. Thank you all for playing along, and thank you, FPGeeks, for the idea and the venue.

Will anyone object if I continue to write First Letters ad hoc beyond February? Because sometimes I read something here that makes me say, "I need to write to that Geek!", and I haven't written to them all yet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chaimann View Post

Will anyone object if I continue to write First Letters ad hoc beyond February? Because sometimes I read something here that makes me say, "I need to write to that Geek!", and I haven't written to them all yet.
    Bring it. My plan is similar.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks

I wrote between 250-300 in February. I didn't realize until a few days ago that I hadn't been adding new people to my outgoing database (I like documenting anything and everything) so I don't have a true number of how many pieces of mail I've sent. Later, when I've got everything caught up, I'll go back and reconstruct the details so I can see what I really did. It was an amazing month, and I met many interesting new people. And got to see some beautiful handwriting and lovely inks.

There are a dozen or so responses to go out in tomorrow's mail. And I'll continue to write to anyone who writes to me. It just won't be as quick a turnaround.
    I enjoyed InCoWriMo very much in 2013, but I got a bit overwhelmed. I'll be reading the forum in 2014, but not actively participating.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 543 Posts

I must say I have enjoyed this month greatly. I prepared my last of 74 letters last night, addressing the 74th to Eric to give kudus and thanks as my first had been sent to him. But I couldn't stop today. Someone cancelled an appointment and what else was I going to do but shoot of 2 more letters to folks I hadn't gotten to, one in CT and one in Australia.
    I certainly intend to kept writing to anyone who replies and welcome any who have not reached me yet to do so if you're so moved. Excellent job Mr. Schneider

Thanks

Apparently the postman came between my first and second trips to the mailbox. Letter 48 went out, 49 will go there later today and then I'll start on the replies. My mailbox has never seen so much love in a long time, thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by chaimann View Post
    I personally don't object and I'm quite the same about writing, but I'd probably just send another note especially if I'm still writing to the person. There are several people I didn't get mail out to, I just hope they participate next year as they'll be at the top of my list then.

Now to read the mail-love I got in today.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

I would love to continue exchanging letter, though not at the current rate. I've written over 30 I think. I honestly have no way to count...
    Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

Thanks

I think it's time for a first MEA CULPA as I didn't manage 28 but a mere 23 letters in February. BUT I have received 20+ letters so I will repond to every single one of them in the course of march. I never written 23 letters in my entire life so doing those in one month is for me already some sort of victory. I'm looking forward to the coming exchanges and loved the stationery and inks and penmanship which now inspired me to do even better.

This reminds me I still need to write a ballpoint letter to that Professor....

Thanks

I still need to write letter 28 but think it will have to wait until tomorrow I'm too tired tonight! Also need to reply to all of the ones I have received and I still want to write to a couple of people!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Toffer View Post
    I still need to write letter 28 but think it will have to wait until tomorrow I'm too tired tonight! Also need to reply to all of the ones I have received and I still want to write to a couple of people!
    Did you get my mini letter?
    Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

I will continue replying also. Anyone that writes me will get a response.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

I've done about 30 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by fountainpenkid View Post
    I would love to continue exchanging letter, though not at the current rate. I've written over 30 I think. I honestly have no way to count...
    So you're not a list maker. I had to keep a list of who I've sent letters to but maybe that is just old age.

What you need is a new pen for list making and a notebook and a special ink.
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogon07 View Post

What you need is a new pen for list making and a notebook and a special ink.
    I know this isn't meant for me, but okay. Thank you!
    I enjoyed InCoWriMo very much in 2013, but I got a bit overwhelmed. I'll be reading the forum in 2014, but not actively participating.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemond76 View Post
    I think it's time for a first MEA CULPA as I didn't manage 28 but a mere 23 letters in February. BUT I have received 20+ letters so I will repond to every single one of them in the course of march. I never written 23 letters in my entire life so doing those in one month is for me already some sort of victory. I'm looking forward to the coming exchanges and loved the stationery and inks and penmanship which now inspired me to do even better.

This reminds me I still need to write a ballpoint letter to that Professor....
    Hey, 23 is no mere amount of letters. You rock, pat yourself on the back. Plus you are going to keep writing - best outcome hands down.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manoeuver View Post
    I will respond to letters that continue to come in, despite my hubris about immolating late arrivals.
    Wait--that was 'hubris'? I was gonna mail your letter tomorrow on purpose, just so I could be part of the Pay-Per-Flame Live Immolation event. Bummer.

(I'll still send the letter though. ;-)

Thanks

Hello, everybody!

Suspecting I was long forgotten, today i received ny first two letters from PostMuse and Dragon. I got very happy. Answers will be written soon.

In the end, I think I got 33 or 34 letters.

See you,
    Alex

Thanks

Including today's outgoing, I sent 57 pieces of mail. Most were letters, a few were postcards. And I'm going to continue writing. It's great exercise for my pens (with true purpose), it's good handwriting practice for me, plus I find it rather meditative.

I'm calling InCoWriMo 2013 a complete success! Considering it was literally put together without planning just a few days before the start of February, I can only imagine that InCoWriMo 2014 will be even better. And I'm already looking forward to it!