Thread: Retractable Rollerball Needed

Thanks

Default Trade FP's for Retractable Rollerball

I would like to trade a Waterman Laureat I in Blue Marble, with a fine nib, and a Lamy Al Star in Aluminum with a fine nib. I am looking for something like a Karas Kustoms Retract or Bolt G2. I also like some of the Ti retractable pens. The Waterman is a great looking pen, and it alone sells used for around $60. I am throwing in the Al Star just to entice someone to part with a good pen. I am open to other metal retractable rollerball pens, so don't hesitate to ask. Being a teacher, I would really like having a solid retractable pen to quickly take notes or messages with, but I can't afford a retractable fountain pen. I need a pen that accepts Pilot -G2 size refills, not the Parker size refills.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Linkinyeah; November 12th, 2016 at 02:37 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: Retractable Rollerball Needed

Are you specifically looking at click style pens, or just a capless rollerball? Have you considered the Retro 51 Tornado rollerballs? They are a capless twist style and while they don't take the G2 refills the Schmidt refills they use are still quite smooth and reliable. I believe inserts are available at most brick and mortar office supply stores. I know for certain that they are available on Amazon. Plenty of styles and I think some of the more plain models start around $25. I don't know if that helps your budget and perhaps lets you keep the fountain pens too.

I own one. Hadn't considered one until I happened to try one at the local Paradise Pens. Wrote so smoothly that I had to take one home. I actually sold my Montblanc rollerball after getting the Retro 51.

Thanks

Thanks for the info, I have 2 Retro 51's, but I am getting tired of having to cut the Pilot G2 refills down to length. I really want a pen designed to take this refill, and that is a click style.

Thanks

If you absolutely have to use Pilot G2 refill, my absolutely honest response is this.

Buy a Pilot G2 to use now. Then save your money (a little at a time adds up quickly!) until you can afford the pen you really want. Also, in the meantime keep an eye on E-bay, forum sales threads, etc... you never know what will turn up. You may get a good response from this thread too

I have saved up to buy the pens I wanted. The satisfaction of knowing that you managed to get the actual pen you wanted and sought after is great. We all make compromises, and sometimes the compromises can make you stronger in the long run.
    Sam O

"A fountain pen with a bad nib is like a Ferrari with a flat tyre..." - Brian Gray, Edison pens

Thanks

Default Re: Trade FP's for Retractable Rollerball

Thanks for your thoughts. I have been saving up, but I want to be practical and try to purchase/trade for the pen using items I already own, but don't use very often. I have both of these pens priced to sell in the For Sale section for $65. I have either priced them too high or there is no desire for them. Any thoughts?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks

I will send a PM
    Sam O

"A fountain pen with a bad nib is like a Ferrari with a flat tyre..." - Brian Gray, Edison pens