Thread: InCo Pen Pals for the rest of the year

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Default Re: InCo Pen Pals for the rest of the year

Wow...someone ate the mail.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,790 Times in 1,644 Posts

Yikes! Did it come back with any explanation?
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 669 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VertOlive View Post
    Yikes! Did it come back with any explanation?
    Nope. Someone tried to do some taping which made me truly laugh. Not enough left to tape. Came in a plastic bag that said "We Care" which I find. . . Ironic. There was no tape or wax seals on the outside of this envelope, either.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tracy Lee For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (March 27th, 2015), Silverbreeze (July 9th, 2015), VertOlive (March 27th, 2015)

bruce

OMG. I have been looking at making a new reusable envelope from the carbon / kevlar composite sheeting used in the racing industry... I guess the time is now :P

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bruce For This Useful Post:

akapulko2020 (May 5th, 2015), caribbean_skye (April 10th, 2015), Silverbreeze (July 8th, 2015), ThriveToScribe (May 10th, 2015), Tracy Lee (March 27th, 2015), Type40 (March 28th, 2015), VertOlive (March 27th, 2015), Xina (March 28th, 2015)

Thanks

Hi Christina,
    Let's be pen pals! We have similar interests in crafts, pens and reading. Look out for my post!
    Lena

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LenaSF For This Useful Post:

Xina (March 28th, 2015)

Thanks

[QUOTE=Xina;118077]I don't want InCoWriMo to stop! My pens need the exercise, so write me and I'll reply. I'm a knitter, crafter, avid reader and love audiobooks, too, love to travel, budding genealogist, love pens & inks, and flea markets.

Are you still accepting new pen pals? I'm a knitter too and getting into fountain pens and inks now!

Thanks

Hello all! I would love to get some correspondence to exercise my newly acquired fountain pens/inks and practice my handwriting skills.
    When not practicing my handwriting, I'm a runner (currently training for another half marathon and marathon later this year), knitter (too many projects to finish), and like to read all sorts of books though knitting and researching fountain pens/inks/journaling have taken over! I also like to collect anything Hello Kitty related.

Su Chew
    3535 Quintara Street
    San Francisco, CA 94116

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chibimiso View Post
    Are you still accepting new pen pals? I'm a knitter too and getting into fountain pens and inks now!
    Yes! Knitting and fountain pens... and I used to live in the Bay area. Lots to write about! I see your address below. Mine's somewhere in this thread, but I'll put it here:

Christina Gibbs
    2321 Monroe Ave, #3
    Norwood, OH 45212

Thanks

I loved InCoWriMo and I'm always up for new pen pals. I live in Wisconsin and am fine with pen pals from anywhere. I like pens, paper, crafts, making jewelry, reading, antiques, cooking, and animals.

Melanie Wittman
    PO Box 2322
    Janesville, WI 53547-2322
    USA

Thanks

I lost a number of pen pals recently because I was ill and things backed up. I'm back to normal (whatever normal is) and looking to find a couple more pen pals. I'm 49, married, self employed and British. I enjoy reading, photography, golf, motor cycles and collecting fountain pens. Please feel free to drop me a line:
    Jim Britcliffe
    80 Kestrel Drive
    Crewe
    Cheshire
    CW1 3YX
    United Kingdom.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimothy For This Useful Post:

Tracy Lee (May 11th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimothy View Post
    I lost a number of pen pals recently because I was ill and things backed up. I'm back to normal (whatever normal is) and looking to find a couple more pen pals. I'm 49, married, self employed and British. I enjoy reading, photography, golf, motor cycles and collecting fountain pens. Please feel free to drop me a line:
    Jim Britcliffe
    80 Kestrel Drive
    Crewe
    Cheshire
    CW1 3YX
    United Kingdom.
    Hi Jimothy

Welcome to FPG. :-)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Jimothy (May 6th, 2015)

Thanks

I missed out on Incowrimo this year as I was in hospital, I'd love to have yet another excuse to take my ever growing fountain pen collection for a test drive so if anyone would like to correspond with a lego fan that enjoys creating and publishing his own comics and has a new outlook on life having been diagnosed with leukaemia then please feel free to pm me for details, no subject is off limits from why a 40 year old likes lego to what Chemo feels like.

Erik

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brckstories For This Useful Post:

Morgaine (May 13th, 2015), Silverbreeze (July 9th, 2015), Tracy Lee (May 11th, 2015)

Thanks

Hello, over the past few months i have neglected both my fountain pen collection as well as (and more importantly) my incowriyear pen pals. i have had moving house, finishing university as well as organising our wedding as my priorities but now it is all coming to an end and i am excited to get back on the proverbial horse and get back in to pen paling. i do have some previous people who i had been in correspondence with which i will respond to now i have that time and i am sorry it might be 6 months plus late. If anyone would also like to write to me it would be a delight. i am 26 years old and have recently moved to the Wirral (North West England) and on the cusp of getting married (27Th of August). i have just finished my nursing degree and am looking forward to beginning an exciting career. i collect fountain pens and have recently started collecting and reading Comic books. I am also interested in rock climbing and hiking.

Pear Tree Cottage
    1 Flashes Lane
    Ness
    South Wirral
    CH64 4BL
    UK

Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 543 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mod_wolves View Post
    Hello, over the past few months i have neglected both my fountain pen collection as well as (and more importantly) my incowriyear pen pals. i have had moving house, finishing university as well as organising our wedding as my priorities but now it is all coming to an end and i am excited to get back on the proverbial horse and get back in to pen paling. i do have some previous people who i had been in correspondence with which i will respond to now i have that time and i am sorry it might be 6 months plus late. If anyone would also like to write to me it would be a delight. i am 26 years old and have recently moved to the Wirral (North West England) and on the cusp of getting married (27Th of August). i have just finished my nursing degree and am looking forward to beginning an exciting career. i collect fountain pens and have recently started collecting and reading Comic books. I am also interested in rock climbing and hiking.

Pear Tree Cottage
    1 Flashes Lane
    Ness
    South Wirral
    CH64 4BL
    UK
    Do you have a name? PM if you don't want to share it publicly
    To continue to diminish the place of the handwritten in our lives is to diminish, in a small but real way, our humanity. Philip Hensher

Dunno ergo sum

Thanks

I am new here. The idea of receiving snail mail from people is very interesting. I have recently gotten into pens. I'm a calligrapher and a writer. For real money I am a mild-mannered State worker.

Mindy
    2733 E. Battlefield #309
    Springfield, MO 65804

Thanks

Hi, I'm new at the forum. My name is Joćo Leite and I'm from Portugal. I'm a engineer and microbiologist that loves fountain pens, classic cars, football (soccer), botany and all nature and workshop related themes. So, if you want a pen pal with a hideous handwriting please feel free to use my mail box at:

Joćo Leite
    Rua do Ribeiro das Fontes, 4
    Cortesia, 2705-580 Sćo Joćo das Lampas
    Portugal

Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 543 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cubemeister View Post
    Hi, I'm new at the forum. My name is Joćo Leite and I'm from Portugal. I'm a engineer and microbiologist that loves fountain pens, classic cars, football (soccer), botany and all nature and workshop related themes. So, if you want a pen pal with a hideous handwriting please feel free to use my mail box at:

Joćo Leite

Portugal
    Hi Joao, welcome. I'll put you on my list, but it may take a week or so for me to get to you. Meanwhile, if you're interested in correspondence you should check out A World of Snailmail http://s-mail.proboards.com
    To continue to diminish the place of the handwritten in our lives is to diminish, in a small but real way, our humanity. Philip Hensher

Dunno ergo sum

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by writingrav View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubemeister View Post

Joćo Leite

Portugal
    Hi Joao, welcome. I'll put you on my list, but it may take a week or so for me to get to you. Meanwhile, if you're interested in correspondence you should check out A World of Snailmail http://s-mail.proboards.com
    Hi writingrav,

Thank you very much! I'll reply to you ASAP!

Thanks

Hi there!

I'm interested in having one or two more pen pals, especially if they are interested in writing in French or Japanese. I wrote this up for the snail mail thread on FPN, so I thought it'd be good enough for here. I am not comfortable posting my address openly, but I'd be happy to share over PM.

-27 year old female.
    -Artist. Writer. Designer. More. I wear multiple professional hats.
    -Lives with boyfriend.
    -Kinda weird (more of a heads-up than an identity declaration). Not really head-in-space weird, just... I guess a good word is intense. I like talking about interesting topics and I don't mind being honest about myself. I like sharing in written form.
    -Three cats that are 15 lbs or bigger. They are extra large cats, no special breed. I love animals in general.
    -The natural sciences fascinate me.
    -Trying to figure out the post-college millennial life in silicon valley while not having a tech degree, nor wanting to go into business, pure marketing, or HR.

Hobbies include: fountain pens, tea, latent knitting (really excited to getting back into it when it gets below 70 routinely here in California), gardening, playing music, learning languages, and more. I love learning and trying new things. I have done rock climbing, martial arts, figure modeling, and weight training--all of which are things I continue to be interested in when my brain has capacity for it. I took belly dance for a few years about 7 years ago, and had to take a break. Eventually I'd like to get back into it.

I'm looking for writers who feel that they would get along with me. I don't necessarily mind male or female. It's nice to find similar people my age interested in this hobby. However, I'm happy to write (and talk) with various people. Variety is the spice of life.

Thanks

Hello, you could try the other place (still new) for correspondence. What 5 questions (so far, some have been on the silly side) would you ask? Perhaps you'd like to answer some. Link is in my signature.