Thread: Waterman Laureat I and Lamy Al Star

Thanks

Default SOLD Waterman Laureat I and Lamy Al STAR SOLD

I would like to sell a Waterman Laureat I in Blue Marble, with a fine nib, and a Lamy Al Star in Aluminum with a fine nib. Reduced to $50 for both. . Shipping for US is $6, insured and tracked. PayPal or trade.

I am looking to purchase something like a Karas Kustoms Retract or Bolt G2. I also like some of the Ti retractable pens. The Waterman is a great looking pen. I am open to other metal retractable rollerball pens, so don't hesitate to ask. Being a teacher, I would really like having a solid retractable pen to quickly take notes or messages with, but I can't afford a retractable fountain pen. I am open to trades. I need a pen that accepts Pilot -G2 size refills, not the Parker size refills.*

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Linkinyeah; November 15th, 2016 at 08:01 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: Waterman Laureat I and Lamy Al Star

Does the Waterman have flex to the nib?

And also, just so you know: You can pretty easily make a Parker refill fit in a G2 sized pen. My current EDC ballpoint is just a plain blue G2 body with a Parker style ballpoint refill in it. I took the little plastic end cap off of the G2 refill and put it in the barrel behind the refill, and tried it. It wasn't long enough, so I tore off the corner of a used condom wrapper (classy, I know) and rolled it into a cylinder. Put that in between the end cap and the refill, now it works perfectly! Just the right size!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by creeder14 View Post
    Does the Waterman have flex to the nib?

And also, just so you know: You can pretty easily make a Parker refill fit in a G2 sized pen. My current EDC ballpoint is just a plain blue G2 body with a Parker style ballpoint refill in it. I took the little plastic end cap off of the G2 refill and put it in the barrel behind the refill, and tried it. It wasn't long enough, so I tore off the corner of a used condom wrapper (classy, I know) and rolled it into a cylinder. Put that in between the end cap and the refill, now it works perfectly! Just the right size!
    Sorry, didn't see your question. It has a small amount of flex, I believe it is just a gold plated steel nib.

Thanks for the info on the mod for the refills. I already do this, but I just want a pen that I can throw a refill in and not try to hassle with.

Thanks

I just checked the Internet, and I can get a Karas for $70. First offer for $65 gets both pens.

Thanks

Reduced one last time, to $50 for both (plus shipping), in effort to get these sold. If no takers, then I will just remove the post. Thanks for looking.

Thanks

Sold