Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Midori travellers notebook

Thanks

Default Re: Midori travellers notebook

I have a Davis leather cover and it's terrific. I usually switch between using Field Notes and Doane pocket notebooks. The Clairfontaine pocket notebooks, both the original side-stapled and the new 1951 Collection are the best paper you'll find for FP-friendly 3.5" x 5.5" notebooks. AND they have twice the paper as FN or Doane. Twice as much! Oh, but all that ruling. Lines, lines, lines. Aargh. If Clairefontaine would make this blank or with dots or grid, it would become my one-and-only. Anyhow, I chose the Davis because of the price and versatility -- just so many more options for notebooks. And we love our notebooks!

Inspired by Midori accessories, I made a folder to hold the 3x5 cards that I also use for making notes. [Here goes my first attempt to attach images!]
    DSCF0295.JPGDSCF0296.JPGDSCF0297.JPGDSCF0301.JPG

The pattern for the Midori Kraft file is here, just tweak the size to fit your own notebook:
    http://mylifeallinoneplace.blogspot....-notebook.html
    Last edited by ypsilanti; July 21st, 2013 at 09:03 PM. Reason: one more photo

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ypsilanti For This Useful Post:

Carole (July 22nd, 2013), earthdawn (July 21st, 2013), jde (November 4th, 2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cwent2 View Post
    Great job! Just in between a passbook size and a full size.

cw
    What are the sizes of "real" Midori notebooks?.... and are those the size that people in the U.S. want to fit their notebooks?
    JBBPensPaper an Etsy store

MisterBoll

Quote Originally Posted by jbb View Post
    What are the sizes of "real" Midori notebooks?.... and are those the size that people in the U.S. want to fit their notebooks?
    The notebook - 3.5" x 4.75"
    The leather - 7.75" x 5.25"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CapeClear View Post
    I am so strongly considering ordering a full sized TN from pencils.jp. This thread hasn't helped!
    I bought my passport size TN from them. It was the cheapest I found online. Very friendly service and fast international postage.