Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Landlords...

Thanks

Cool Re: Landlords...

Sorry, i think maybe i need to emphasise one point: in my original sketch of the idea, the design is for the government to mortgage, not rent, property to new owners who don't own their own home, by buying that which is more than required for the personal needs of those who own multiple properties.

With regards privilege, at least you live in a republic!

By the way, you have a lot to be proud of in Slovenian enterprise;
    I love my Elan skis and my UF-PRO clothes .

Thanks

Default Re: Landlords...

Hmmm...so then everyone would have to be an owner?

Thanks

Cool Re: Landlords...

Sure, and if you decided to relocate then you'd retain the equity you put in to the property you were leaving, or could transfer as collateral to the next.

Thanks

Default Re: Landlords...

It’s not that simple. If you manage it right, renting can be cheaper than buying. This doesn’t hold true for long periods of time; 10+ years. But sub 10 years renting can be cheaper, depending on resale taxation, general health of real estate economy, etc. shoe horning people into buying who just want to move somewhere for a period of couple of years, with unstable jobs and such is a terrible idea.

I do like your idea of cutting out banks, but the last time government cut away international banking system we had world war 2.

In a closed system utopia, your idea might be feasible and I like it; I’d say for a lot of people renting is a trap that leads to lifelong poverty and I hate it, but we don’t live in a closed system utopia. I don’t think our current system is perfect, but I think it’s the best we’ve managed thus far. This doesn’t mean a better system is not possible, though.

Tell me, are you a real estate owner? Because I can tell you that I have, at times, upkeep costs well into 1+ year worth of rent. Being a landlord is profitable, I think, only with many real estates renting. At least a dozen or more where I’m from. And by that point, ROI is so low you’d make a really poor choice of managing your assets and money that way.

P.S.: as a non native english speaker I think the term landlord is stupid and outdated.
    Last edited by adhoc; November 13th, 2017 at 02:35 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to adhoc For This Useful Post:

SIR (November 14th, 2017)