Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 121 to 134 of 134

Thread: Ideas for pen pal letter "tuck-ins"?

  1. #121
    Senior Member VertOlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lone Star Planet
    Posts
    3,608
    Thanks
    3,618
    Thanked 3,306 Times in 1,450 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Ideas for pen pal letter "tuck-ins"?

    Tuck-ins for InCo 2019: 3 x 5" maps of the US showing my city (mainly for overseas addressees), bookmarks from the reading drive at the county library, Rodeo tickets, my own "calling card", Latin vocabulary flashcards, postcards, and Word of the Day drawings.
    "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life"?—Mary Oliver

  2. #122
    Senior Member FredRydr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Carlisle, Pennsylvania USA
    Posts
    2,470
    Thanks
    491
    Thanked 2,487 Times in 1,051 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Ideas for pen pal letter "tuck-ins"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    Cash is always well received.
    However, coins weigh heavy.
    On a serious note, it no longer surprises me when I get a Postcrossing assignment for someone in Russia or Eastern Europe who requests that the postcard be placed in an envelope...with coins! The postage expense would be more than the value of the coins. I prefer to go along with the requests for a tea bag (though I don't know what their customs people make of it).

  3. #123
    Senior Member Morgaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    891
    Thanks
    511
    Thanked 307 Times in 197 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Ideas for pen pal letter "tuck-ins"?

    Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    Cash is always well received.
    However, coins weigh heavy.
    On a serious note, it no longer surprises me when I get a Postcrossing assignment for someone in Russia or Eastern Europe who requests that the postcard be placed in an envelope...with coins! The postage expense would be more than the value of the coins. I prefer to go along with the requests for a tea bag (though I don't know what their customs people make of it).
    I caved in once and sent a 5p coin. I can't recall to which country, perhaps former USSR.
    I am a Penpaller and Correspondent. I have a blog. I have a snail mail forum for discussion and postal challenges....
    Best wishes,
    Mia

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Morgaine For This Useful Post:

    ThriveToScribe (June 30th, 2019)

  5. #124
    Senior Member Morgaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    891
    Thanks
    511
    Thanked 307 Times in 197 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Ideas for pen pal letter "tuck-ins"?

    Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    Cash is always well received.
    Would talking about Johnny Cash count?
    I am a Penpaller and Correspondent. I have a blog. I have a snail mail forum for discussion and postal challenges....
    Best wishes,
    Mia

  6. #125
    Senior Member VertOlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lone Star Planet
    Posts
    3,608
    Thanks
    3,618
    Thanked 3,306 Times in 1,450 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Ideas for pen pal letter "tuck-ins"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    Cash is always well received.
    Would talking about Johnny Cash count?
    I still have some Johnny Cash forever stamps for such occasions!
    "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life"?—Mary Oliver

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VertOlive For This Useful Post:

    Chrissy (February 15th, 2019), Jon Szanto (January 28th, 2019), Morgaine (January 29th, 2019), ThriveToScribe (August 4th, 2019)

  8. #126
    Senior Member FredRydr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Carlisle, Pennsylvania USA
    Posts
    2,470
    Thanks
    491
    Thanked 2,487 Times in 1,051 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Ideas for pen pal letter "tuck-ins"?

    This Red Envelope with làih sih money "tuck-in" arrived today from a fellow Geek!

    IMG_1985.jpg
    Last edited by FredRydr; February 15th, 2019 at 04:52 AM.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

    azkid (February 14th, 2019), Chrissy (February 15th, 2019), VertOlive (February 14th, 2019)

  10. #127
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Berkshire UK
    Posts
    5,230
    Thanks
    2,406
    Thanked 4,351 Times in 1,670 Posts
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Ideas for pen pal letter "tuck-ins"?

    I know that Geek, and I received a similar red envelope yesterday too. Thank you.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  11. #128
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Berkshire UK
    Posts
    5,230
    Thanks
    2,406
    Thanked 4,351 Times in 1,670 Posts
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Ideas for pen pal letter "tuck-ins"?

    Quote Originally Posted by VertOlive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    Cash is always well received.
    Would talking about Johnny Cash count?
    I still have some Johnny Cash forever stamps for such occasions!
    Can they still be purchased as current stamps?
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  12. #129
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Ideas for pen pal letter "tuck-ins"?

    You could take it to the Post Office and ask them to hand stamp the letter. However, there is a surcharge for that that USED to be nominal but has probably gone up.

  13. #130
    Senior Member FredRydr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Carlisle, Pennsylvania USA
    Posts
    2,470
    Thanks
    491
    Thanked 2,487 Times in 1,051 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Ideas for pen pal letter "tuck-ins"?

    Quote Originally Posted by MadameX View Post
    You could take it to the Post Office and ask them to hand stamp the letter. However, there is a surcharge for that that USED to be nominal but has probably gone up.
    What country is that?
    I regularly have US post offices frank envelopes by hand to ensure there are legible inked dates on the envelopes to establish dates of mailing of legal and tax documents, and I have never been charged an extra fee.

  14. #131
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Berkshire UK
    Posts
    5,230
    Thanks
    2,406
    Thanked 4,351 Times in 1,670 Posts
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Ideas for pen pal letter "tuck-ins"?

    Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MadameX View Post
    You could take it to the Post Office and ask them to hand stamp the letter. However, there is a surcharge for that that USED to be nominal but has probably gone up.
    What country is that?
    I regularly have US post offices frank envelopes by hand to ensure there are legible inked dates on the envelopes to establish dates of mailing of legal and tax documents, and I have never been charged an extra fee.
    I must admit I wasn't sure what country it was either. However, I'm sure I can't take any Johnny Cash Forever stamps to my Post Office and ask that they be hand stamped.
    Last edited by Chrissy; February 19th, 2019 at 04:27 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  15. #132
    Senior Member VertOlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lone Star Planet
    Posts
    3,608
    Thanks
    3,618
    Thanked 3,306 Times in 1,450 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Ideas for pen pal letter "tuck-ins"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Can they still be purchased as current stamps?
    Right here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Johnny-Cash...lzM:rk:10:pf:0
    "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life"?—Mary Oliver

  16. #133
    Senior Member Morgaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    891
    Thanks
    511
    Thanked 307 Times in 197 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Ideas for pen pal letter "tuck-ins"?

    I keep forgetting to put in newspaper clippings - I have quite a stash I've snipped out intending to enclose...
    I am a Penpaller and Correspondent. I have a blog. I have a snail mail forum for discussion and postal challenges....
    Best wishes,
    Mia

  17. #134
    Senior Member ThriveToScribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Alabama (via New Orleans)
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    664
    Thanked 33 Times in 25 Posts
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Ideas for pen pal letter "tuck-ins"?

    The local USPS stations USED to stamp local mail but now they have to charge for everything that's listed in their rules. In country towns, I think the employees were being nice or were substitutes who didn't know the policy.

    Sent from the iPhone of Madame X.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •