Thread: Vanness

Thanks

Default Vanness

I am fortunate to live close enough to Little Rock to shop at Vanness. They are one of the real gems of the fountain pen world. One visit really stands out to me. My brother-in-law came to visit and could not wait to visit Vanness. He had recently discovered fountain pens and could not believe his luck that Vanness was so close to his sister and brother-in-law. Lisa spent well over an hour showing him pens and inks and helped him select the pen perfect for him. She was generous with her time and knowledge. It's stores like Vanness, and people like Lisa, that make this hobby so enjoyable. If you ever find yourself close to Little Rock, stop by Vanness. You won't be disappointed.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mandrbeck For This Useful Post:

datainadequate (December 14th, 2016), earthdawn (December 13th, 2016), EHV (December 14th, 2016), Frank (December 15th, 2016), Jon Szanto (December 14th, 2016), KKay (December 14th, 2016), laurielindly (January 5th, 2017), penwash (December 13th, 2016), sgtstretch (December 14th, 2016)

Thanks

Default Re: Vanness

I am jealous that you are so close. I'd love to visit in person some day. I have had several orders from them with outstanding service so I felt compelled to add a post. No affiliation, just a satisfied customer that looks forward to his next order with Vanness.

Just to add; I think that we are so very lucky to have several places available to us that offer what we want with such stellar, personal service and attention to detail.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to EHV For This Useful Post:

mandrbeck (December 14th, 2016)

Thanks

I am always so envious of people who live close to pen shops. Up here in the hinterlands of Utah, it's a luxury I'm afraid I'll never have. But maybe it's a good thing; if there were a pen shop close, my financial situation might be even more precarious than it already is!
    Trying to save the day for the Old World man
    Trying to pave the way for the Third World man

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mtnbiker62 For This Useful Post:

mandrbeck (December 14th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,011 Posts

If I lived anywhere close, I'd be there all the time. I've had the good fortune to spend time with Lisa, and a little bit with Mike, at a couple of pen shows, and nicer people you'll never find. They are doing good things for pen people, old and new. Here's Lisa being enthusiastic last August in SF...

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

earthdawn (December 14th, 2016), EHV (December 15th, 2016), Frank (December 15th, 2016), laurielindly (January 5th, 2017), mandrbeck (December 14th, 2016)