Thread: Christmas? Humbug!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Christmas? Humbug!

Christmas is almost upon us here in England and in the words of Mr. Scrooge from the Dickens novel I would just like to say Humbug. I would have in the past wished everyone a happy Christmas but in these politically correct times I am told this is unwise lest I offend anyone. Several charities no longer hang Christmas decorations in their shops in case they upset those of the Moslem religion. I have removed those charities from my list of charities I support. Local Moslem's have been distributing Christmas presents to the homeless begging in town. During the Christmas past times of my youth I cannot recall seeing either a Moslem or anybody begging in the street. I appreciate there are many who do not celebrate Christmas, my Great Aunt for one and I believe her children too although I did receive a Christmas card from her family every year. She was the greatest influence to me in my youth and inspired me to write many short stories and much more besides. I have always had the greatest respect for her. She was, what is now I believe are called American First Nation but when I was a child was referred to as a red Indian. I am pretty certain she did not celebrate Thanksgiving either! We no longer have freedom of speech in the country which I now and have always lived. Anyway, I am too old to care now, so I wish everyone a very happy Christmas and a prosperous new year and to those who are offended by this I say Humbug

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shorthandtypist For This Useful Post:

Woody (December 27th, 2016)