Thread: Christmas? Humbug!

Thanks

Default Christmas? Humbug!

Christmas is almost upon us here in England and in the words of Mr. Scrooge from the Dickens novel I would just like to say Humbug. I would have in the past wished everyone a happy Christmas but in these politically correct times I am told this is unwise lest I offend anyone. Several charities no longer hang Christmas decorations in their shops in case they upset those of the Moslem religion. I have removed those charities from my list of charities I support. Local Moslem's have been distributing Christmas presents to the homeless begging in town. During the Christmas past times of my youth I cannot recall seeing either a Moslem or anybody begging in the street. I appreciate there are many who do not celebrate Christmas, my Great Aunt for one and I believe her children too although I did receive a Christmas card from her family every year. She was the greatest influence to me in my youth and inspired me to write many short stories and much more besides. I have always had the greatest respect for her. She was, what is now I believe are called American First Nation but when I was a child was referred to as a red Indian. I am pretty certain she did not celebrate Thanksgiving either! We no longer have freedom of speech in the country which I now and have always lived. Anyway, I am too old to care now, so I wish everyone a very happy Christmas and a prosperous new year and to those who are offended by this I say Humbug

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shorthandtypist For This Useful Post:

Woody (December 27th, 2016)

Thanks

Default Re: Christmas? Humbug!

Happy Midwinter!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SIR For This Useful Post:

gbryal (December 30th, 2016)

Thanks

Lolol people who try to play the "war on xmas" card make me laugh.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 1,610 Posts

Enjoy Chanukah and Christmas and Winter Solstice and New Years Day and Milad un Nabi and any other reason you can think of to celebrate and be joyful

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jar For This Useful Post:

gbryal (December 30th, 2016), NibsForScript (August 1st, 2019)

Thanks

The best thing is that each of us celebrates the feasts of our beliefs and lets others enjoy theirs. For me Christmas is the most beautiful time of the year and where people get a little goodness and joy to share in a world as selfish and with as many interests as the modern world.