Thread: Why the level of animosity to Noodlers and Nathan Tardiff.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Waski_the_Squirrel's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Why the level of animosity to Noodlers and Nathan Tardiff.

I'll concede that I do enjoy Noodler's products. But, I think the owner of the company is his own worst enemy. He injects his own personal opinion and biases into the products. This appeals to some, and turns others off. His reactions to criticism have also turned people off.

I respect him as an artist. He has created some beautiful inks. I also really respect that he put flex pens into the hands of the rest of us. Whatever you think of his pens, they are a good attempt at a steel-nib flex pen. You also get to learn about how pens work.

But, like other artists, his personality can get in the way. I don't see him much as a businessman. Clearly he is making a living at this, but his personality has gotten in the way of what the company could be. Other voices might temper some of the extremes, improve the quality control and consistency, and keep out the politics. On the other hand, other voices might put a stop to his unique character and ideas of the brand.

So, back to the original idea, Nathan Tardif himself is the reason this brand is so polarizing. We don't hear this kind of talk about other brands like KWZ, De Atramentis, or Private Reserve. In those brands, the owners' personalities recede to the background.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Waski_the_Squirrel For This Useful Post:

AzJon (January 8th, 2017), dkatiepowellart (November 3rd, 2019), Dragonmaster Lou (January 9th, 2017), Jon Szanto (January 8th, 2017), TSherbs (January 8th, 2017), welch (June 19th, 2020)