Thread: Subscription Boxes

Thanks

Default Subscription Boxes

Hey Everyone,

I was looking for a subscription box that caters to pen enthusiasts for a fun way to experience new fountain pens and related products but I have been hard pressed to find any that seem cost effective or like they are worth it. Are there any pen/stationary/ink subscription boxes you receive or would recommend? I was able to locate http://www.ipenstore.com/ipenbox/ but was wondering if there were any others out there that people enjoy or could offer insight on. Thanks!

Thanks

Default Re: Subscription Boxes

i have some, they are plain white, with with a white soft material inside to protect the writing instruments. i forget what i paid, but i believe it was .85 cents a piece here in Albuquerque , New Mexico. if you want their address just let me know & I'll drive by the place & get a card & quote...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best Regards,
    Mike
    Mike
    Visconti Last Lira aka Luigi Einaudi #63 of 975, Stipula Yellow Da Vinci Carbon Fiber T, Stipula Model T, Vintage Fountain Pens, Delta Amerigo Vespucci LE, Pelikan Special Edition Sahara F/P, TWSBI Micarta, Danitrio Mikado, Genkai, Nakaya Decapod Cigar, Watley in Woodgrain, Marlen Yellow Liberty LE, Santa FE Style Custom "51" made by Ralph Prather, president New Mexico Pen Collector's Club.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ms8109 View Post
    i have some, they are plain white, with with a white soft material inside to protect the writing instruments. i forget what i paid, but i believe it was .85 cents a piece here in Albuquerque , New Mexico. if you want their address just let me know & I'll drive by the place & get a card & quote...
    Wrong box, Mike. The OP is looking for a service that a person can subscribe to where, for a monthly fee, you get a selection of new products to try out. See the link in the OP post.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

Rad & Hungry has a subscription box. I don't subscribe but have purchased individual items before. They tend to be more school supply centric but the uniqueness is that they travel to different countries to obtain what would usually only be available to the locals. I've only ever seen one fountain pen in there offerings. Most tend to include some sort of notebook, a pen, usually ballpoint and pencil. Maybe a ruler or eraser too. They have add on packs with other items. Seems a bit pricey to me but you can see what you're getting before you pay.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot

Thanks
    Thanked 1,579 Times in 943 Posts

I've gotten about three of the iPenstore boxes. The last one was a bit disappointing, but I still found most of the items useful. I really liked the other three I got.
    Lady Onogaro

"Be yourself--everybody else is already taken." --Oscar Wilde

Thanks

I've looked at all the ones I could find a few mos back, and none of them looked worth the cost. There's not much, if any, savings (no matter what they try to claim), and you're getting random items that who knows if you like or will ever use. Not at all worth it to me, which makes me sad because the idea is a lot of fun.