Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Reasonably priced pens.

Thanks

Default Re: Reasonably priced pens.

All depends what seems reasonable to you. I really enjoy my cheap pens, in particular the ones I managed to adjust to fit my writing style. For instance, I have a Reform 1745 in front of me with a very smooth nib that is also springy - it's light, slender and I've been carrying it around for months (after forgetting I had it for years). It's about as thick as a wooden pencil, which I like, as I also use quite a lot of wooden pencils. I've moved away from brass pens (although my Chinese pens do make excellent paperweights).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hansdown View Post
    You might also try an Italix pen like the Churchmans Prescriptor. A large pen that weighs 50 grams. Also a large selection of different nibs available to try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I actually have this pen by a different name (and finish) with an incredible nib, so flexible. I will agree it's a corker if you don't mind holding your pens higher.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dam View Post
    All depends what seems reasonable to you. I really enjoy my cheap pens, in particular the ones I managed to adjust to fit my writing style. For instance, I have a Reform 1745 in front of me with a very smooth nib that is also springy - it's light, slender and I've been carrying it around for months (after forgetting I had it for years). It's about as thick as a wooden pencil, which I like, as I also use quite a lot of wooden pencils. I've moved away from brass pens (although my Chinese pens do make excellent paperweights).
    In truth I would set the bar of reasonable at £100 max, but really around£50

Thanks

I love Parker 45's. I started my collection off with one from ebay 10 years ago, and still have quite a few. They are so reliable, easy to completely dismantle, swap nibs out etc etc.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanb View Post
    I do appreciate the advice, and I'm going to assume you meant to say without effort.
    Indeed, simply typing too fast.

Ok, as you will (on the rest). I was also not equating light weight with expensive pens, either, so I'm not pushing you in the money direction, but a lightening of the load. I don't find many things that utilize greater weight with speed and agility, but our hands are all different. I hope you'll keep an open mind down the road, especially with only a few months to go by. No matter what, enjoy the experience!
    That's true. I've always thought the heavier the pen the better.
    I just bought a Sailor imperial black. It's light weight and I really do like the feel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk