Thread: The Dilly by Fountain Pen Revolution

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 543 Posts

Default The Dilly by Fountain Pen Revolution

IMG_20130321_151744_337.jpgIMG_20130321_151808_288.jpg

I couldn't resist purchasing this new pen from Fountain Pen Revolution because it seemed like a great opportunity to acquire a neat looking pen and try out the flex nibs they offer that I'd read so much about. For $18.00 nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Really, someone (me?) should put together a little article about all the incredible pens that have become available lately under $25.00. Add this to the Pilot Metropolitan, Nemosene Singularity and others and it begins to be really difficult to justify spending much more. Unlike the Singularity and more like the Metropolitan, this pen does not at all feel cheap in the hand. Rather, it sports a very nice feeling plastic that could be almost mistaken for a more expensive resin, very nicely shaped with an impressive clip. It is a twist off cap and, more to the point, a piston filler and a perfectly good one at that. The section is a bit indented and I have lately found that that makes a big difference for me in comfort for long writing sessions. I was first struck by it on my Edison Beaumont, again on the new Twisbi 580 and the Dilli follows that trend. The nib looks a bit small for the pen, but while I have a long way to go at controlling a flex pen consistently I'm having a very good time trying.

IMG_20130321_153817_968.jpg

And the best part is that Kevin of FPR enclosed a complimentary Serwex pen to boot!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to writingrav For This Useful Post:

Torben (October 22nd, 2013)