Thread: Had a mishap at the flea market.

Thanks

Default Had a mishap at the flea market.

I was looking at a cased set of vintage 701 Eversharp symphony NOS fountain pen and pencil when I bent over to get a look I knocked three vases off the shelf with my ass and shattered them. The vender said usually people say sorry and walk away. He knocked off about 50 percent so it was 32 bucks lost. I bought the pen and he said since I did not run off he would go 30 bucks on the pen and throw in the two other pens for free. So I was all in tax and all for 66 bucks for the Eversharp set and two pens. How much did I over pay at 66 bucks for the eversharp set? The FP is NOS never used. the cigar tag is still on it that says 5.75 tax included. The pen sucks air when I pull the loading lever. 14k gold nib. The other two I don't know what they are no marks that I can see. The green peralized pen has a damaged nibb. It says Silver Palladium alloy. the clip says made in usa. the black pen says Osmoriod Italic broad straight. There is some writing under that but all I can make out is NG The case for the Eversharp is in good condition and came with the instructions for the pen and pencil. Any help of a real world value and how much my ass cost me. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Default Re: Had a mishap at the flea market.

More photos
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

The Symphony set looks,like a nice find. I'd bet you came out just about even to just buying that set without breaking anything. Not bad. And you get browny points for being a good citizen. That counts, too.
    Fortibus es in ero

Thanks

You did the honorable thing and were rewarded. ha! The Eversharp Symphony is a fantastic pen and I have been looking for another myself. I have one of the later ones (or perhaps it is a lever Ventura, very hard to know, poorly documented pen). That is a handsome set. You faired pretty well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to stub For This Useful Post:

Marsilius (February 5th, 2017)