Thread: Postcards, and a perfectly wonderful reason to send some!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,039 Times in 4,010 Posts

Default Postcards, and a perfectly wonderful reason to send some!

I'm going to take part in this, a project that a friend shared with me. Opt into it, if you like!

On March 15th, each of us will mail Donald Trump a postcard that publicly expresses our opposition to him. And we, in vast numbers, from all corners of the world, will overwhelm the man with his unpopularity and failure. We will show the media and the politicians what standing with him — and against us — means. And most importantly, we will bury the White House post office in pink slips, all informing Donnie that he’s fired.

Each of us — every protester from every march, each congress calling citizen, every boycotter, volunteer, donor, and petition signer — if each of us writes even a single postcard and we put them all in the mail on the same day, March 15th, well: you do the math.

No alternative fact or Russian translation will explain away our record-breaking, officially-verifiable, warehouse-filling flood of fury. Hank Aaron currently holds the record for fan mail, having received 900,000 pieces in a year. We’re setting a new record: over a million pieces in a day, with not a single nice thing to say.

So sharpen your wit, unsheathe your writing implements, and see if your sincerest ill-wishes can pierce Donald’s famously thin skin.

Prepare for March 15th, 2017, a day hereafter to be known as #TheIdesOfTrump

Write one postcard. Write a dozen! Take a picture and post it on social media tagged with #TheIdesOfTrump !! Spread the word! Everyone on Earth should let Donnie know how he’s doing. They can’t build a wall high enough to stop the mail.

Then, on March 15th, mail your messages to:

President Donald J. Trump
    The White House
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
    Washington, DC 20500

It might just be enough to make him crack.
    Last edited by Jon Szanto; February 7th, 2017 at 08:27 PM.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

oldstoat (February 8th, 2017), soretailedcat (February 8th, 2017)

Thanks

Default Re: Postcards, and a perfectly wonderful reason to send some!

Excellent!
    Are you happy for me to spread this via Facebook?
    Some days, it's hardly worth chewing through the leather straps....

Thanks

Or should we address to President Steve Bannon?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 1,610 Posts

Do you think he would even know it happened? The mail simply goes to a mail room where decisions are then made whether it should be forwarded to a higher level, receive a robo-response or simply ignored.

Thanks

Trump is a rather typical corporate clown. He gets his way by bluff, bluster, and intimidation. Unfortunately, he was given celebrity status by the entertainment media. Now, he thrives where any publicity is good publicity. The way to cripple him is to ignore him as much as possible and quietly fend off his more onerous projects.

Count your blessings. If Hillary had won the election, we would have had to put the wheels back under the White House.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Paddler For This Useful Post:

Dreck (February 8th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 1,642 Posts

Sorry, no. I went through 8 years of Obama though I did not vote for him either time. I did it without marching in a pink hat, bashing in windows, drawing bullseyes on his temple or sending him a pink slip. As an adult, I will do the same for every President we elect.
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VertOlive For This Useful Post:

CaptainRon (February 15th, 2017), dneal (February 9th, 2017), Dreck (February 8th, 2017), Jon Szanto (February 8th, 2017), sidpost (February 13th, 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VertOlive View Post
    Sorry, no. I went through 8 years of Obama though I did not vote for him either time. I did it without marching in a pink hat, bashing in windows, drawing bullseyes on his temple or sending him a pink slip. As an adult, I will do the same for every President we elect.
    Sending "hate mail" postcards does seem a bit puerile--and pointless. The votes have been tallied, and regardless of one's predilections or preferences he's the current CiC.

It does give me a great idea for sending him (and VP Pence!) some supportive postcards, though; letting them know that I am praying for them to legislate and act with wisdom and guide our country responsibly and according to the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
    Online arguments are a lot like the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
    As soon as the audience begins to participate, any actual content is lost in the resulting chaos and cacophony.
    At that point, all you can do is laugh and enjoy the descent into debasement.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreck For This Useful Post:

dneal (February 9th, 2017), Jon Szanto (February 8th, 2017), sidpost (February 13th, 2017), VertOlive (February 8th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,039 Times in 4,010 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oldstoat View Post
    Excellent!
    Are you happy for me to spread this via Facebook?
    Certainly - it was a friend on FB who first posted it.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtstretch View Post
    Or should we address to President Steve Bannon?
    Wise guy. And spot on, but I digress...

Quote Originally Posted by jar View Post
    Do you think he would even know it happened? The mail simply goes to a mail room where decisions are then made whether it should be forwarded to a higher level, receive a robo-response or simply ignored.
    One of the points, or at least one of my take-aways, is how conveniently they overlook very obvious numbers, such as dismissing the Women's March, and the constant drone of "we are doing the will of the people", and all that. If enough mail arrived it would be impossible to not notice, at least in terms of reportage.

Understood. As an adult, I simply cannot stand by while this happens. Life is a very large panorama of actions, and I don't begrudge anyone who isn't interested in this endeavor, but simply wanted to share it if anyone else wanted to participate for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Jon Szanto; February 8th, 2017 at 11:04 PM.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 573 Posts

I hope this helps out the USPS. They keep raising my rates...

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Farmboy For This Useful Post:

Dreck (February 9th, 2017), Jon Szanto (February 8th, 2017), VertOlive (February 9th, 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    .On March 15th, each of us will mail Donald Trump a postcard that publicly expresses our opposition to him. And we, in vast numbers, from all corners of the world, will overwhelm the man with his unpopularity and failure. We will show the media and the politicians what standing with him — and against us — means. And most importantly, we will bury the White House post office in pink slips, all informing Donnie that he’s fired.

Each of us — every protester from every march, each congress calling citizen, every boycotter, volunteer, donor, and petition signer — if each of us writes even a single postcard and we put them all in the mail on the same day, March 15th, well: you do the math.

No alternative fact or Russian translation will explain away our record-breaking, officially-verifiable, warehouse-filling flood of fury. Hank Aaron currently holds the record for fan mail, having received 900,000 pieces in a year. We’re setting a new record: over a million pieces in a day, with not a single nice thing to say.

So sharpen your wit, unsheathe your writing implements, and see if your sincerest ill-wishes can pierce Donald’s famously thin skin.

Prepare for March 15th, 2017, a day hereafter to be known as #TheIdesOfTrump

Write one postcard. Write a dozen! Take a picture and post it on social media tagged with #TheIdesOfTrump !! Spread the word! Everyone on Earth should let Donnie know how he’s doing. They can’t build a wall high enough to stop the mail.

Then, on March 15th, mail your messages to:

President Donald J. Trump
    The White House
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
    Washington, DC 20500

It might just be enough to make him crack.
    Do you really expect this to have any tangible effect?

While I am not a Donald Trump 'fan boy', I also respect the will of the people in this most recent Presidential election. While he was not my first choice, it was an easy one for me when compared against Hillary Clinton and the Democratic extreme left leaning Sanders contingency.

I managed to live through the Clinton and Obama administrations, and while I did not support a lot of what they represented I also did not work to undermine them except for Obamacare which I found to be nothing but a wealth transfer mechanism and a higher cost inferior medical care option for me PERSONALLY. I also managed to live through the various gun ban agendas of both administrations.

During those administrations, I never considered burning limos, smashing windows, looting stores, etc. I also continued to support the Presidency and will of the people. Is it too much to ask other people to do the same?
    Last edited by sidpost; February 13th, 2017 at 01:06 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidpost For This Useful Post:

dneal (February 13th, 2017), VertOlive (February 24th, 2017)