Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What does your desk/work area look like? Do you keep your fountain pens on it?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

Default Re: What does your desk/work area look like? Do you keep your fountain pens on it?

End of school year chaos

and personal tendency

messy desk is a sign of a mad professor, riiiiight?

Last edited by TSherbs; June 10th, 2022 at 06:34 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (June 10th, 2022), eachan (June 11th, 2022), Empty_of_Clouds (June 21st, 2022), Jon Szanto (June 10th, 2022)

Thanks

Default Re: What does your desk/work area look like? Do you keep your fountain pens on it?

The cards on the right are what I fill out and give to students at the end of year (my advisees, and some other award winners that I present to). The knapsack on the floor I have used for 20 years. It's being retired, too (from academic work).

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    The cards on the right are what I fill out and give to students at the end of year (my advisees, and some other award winners that I present to). The knapsack on the floor I have used for 20 years. It's being retired, too (from academic work).
    Er cards on the right? Are they the small white cards on the right edge slightly lower than the tankard?
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

I think Hawk is still champion (seen in Today's desk thread): https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread...l=1#post171032 We should chip in and buy him a shredder.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (June 13th, 2022), Chrissy (June 11th, 2022), CrayonAngelss (June 13th, 2022), Cyril (June 12th, 2022), dneal (June 11th, 2022), Jon Szanto (June 11th, 2022)

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Er cards on the right? Are they the small white cards on the right edge slightly lower than the tankard?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    I think Hawk is still champion (seen in Today's desk thread): https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread...l=1#post171032 We should chip in and buy him a shredder.
    I think he's a bit behind on his bills.....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

TSherbs (June 12th, 2022)

Thanks

Talking Re: What does your desk/work area look like? Do you keep your fountain pens on it?

Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post

This is mine and I am convinced now we are all like minded!!!!

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

I edit this again to add this third image. This is the place I usually do my writing so all the time I have to do a quick house cleaning to set the table for writing.
    .IMG_0036.jpg
    Last edited by Cyril; June 13th, 2022 at 06:00 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cyril For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (June 13th, 2022), eachan (June 12th, 2022), Empty_of_Clouds (June 21st, 2022)

Thanks

Too bad about having to retire the knapsack. I find that they don't typically take on the proper ~~~fragrance~~~ until around the 20-year mark.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyril View Post

I edit this again to add this third image. This is the place I usually do my writing so all the time I have to a quick house cleaning
    I'm sorry to see you may have spilt some bright red ink on your white desk but I also spotted you have Lr, Ps snd Br on your iMac that looks almost identical to mine so it's not all bad.

Thanks

This photo is staged. I have a cute corner desk in my apartment, but I use it as a catch-all for my purse, waitress notepads, kids school things. My chairs are already around my dining room table, so I just write there. Nice idea though, isn't it?! My inks are stored in a case made from an old explosives box. The digital drawing on the top shelf was done by my best friend. The small metal container next to it is used for loose change and bills. I got that at a thrift shop for $2. I have a thing for vintage/metal containers... I don't know why.

IMG_8047.JPG

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CrayonAngelss For This Useful Post:

eachan (June 14th, 2022), Empty_of_Clouds (June 21st, 2022), FredRydr (June 13th, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyril View Post

I edit this again to add this third image. This is the place I usually do my writing so all the time I have to a quick house cleaning
    I'm sorry to see you may have spilt some bright red ink on your white desk but I also spotted you have Lr, Ps snd Br on your iMac that looks almost identical to mine so it's not all bad.
    You have well seen that horrible mess...Chrissy yes it has ruined one of my lovely notepad too with that ink.

Br ( Bridge ) is my major software I am relying on all my Photography work. I use PS but it is just for very minor adjustment. I am not a really photoshop guy. Yes those three software and the iMac is one of the cool tools >>

Thanks

Hopefully you may have been able to replace the notepad even though it may not be exactly the same.
    I also have Br and Ps but mine's old - CS6. So I can't update my Apple OS past Mojave or I will lose both of them. I assume you pay monthly for all three as a package.

Thanks

@Chrissy,
    I am using Ps on monthly rent.
    You actually don't need to up grade PS unless you need the " whistles and bells" they introduce every 6 months. Sometime they introduce some few useful tools you think they are great when you see first time and you think your PS is very old!!!!!. That depends on what you do. I stopped upgrading PS plus Mac OS too. There are few reasons.. the latest OS is very very venerable to Spying into your privacy. They are not easy to set to minimise your privacy setting.
    Now the Photoshop Cs CC (Creative Cloud ) is a huge Memory sucker. I don't even go to Mojave and I am able to do anything staying below.( Mojave is the last OS that destroy all the drivers/ hard disks ETC. ) It was a myth/ and lie that we have to always go for the latest OS if not the Mac is unsafe!!!!! So I came back to Mac OS High Sierra. And my PS is 2020 and all the new versions came are not compatible with my Mac OS. I don't worry or care they are all the same except little changes . Ex New PS has one tool call AI auto Background change. That is to replace the sky/ clouds/ daylights/ sunsets ETC. As a photographer do you need all those tricks? I think non photographers or photoshop guy need those features. Some one could argue on the points but from my experience as an old school person I do most of the things in my camera( If I say I am a conceptual Photographer depending on how I label it to my work ) and I sparingly use PS to do spotting and adjust the contrast or lighting or archive/ resizing .
    You can do the same work on PS6 too.
    Last edited by Cyril; June 14th, 2022 at 05:07 AM.

Thanks

Thanks Cyril, My old Ps CS6 does everything I need but I did upgrade to Mojave from High Sierra recently because there was a comms problem with Photos. Mojave seems to be quite a good OS and I'm, happy with it apart from the fact that there are several manufacturers who want the latest all singing and all dancing OS or they can't work. That's fine. If they don't like it they just have to try their best to work with what i have. Wordpress doesn't like it but still works after complaining.

Thanks

My desk looks as ordinary as possible, with a mouse pad, various papers, bottles, toothpicks, and a bunch of pens on it. Now I'm working there on a drawing of how best to place new radiators in the room after repair. I was so lucky to find cheap radiators near me, my friends are still looking for somewhere cheaper, but they can't.
    Last edited by Gthry1; August 18th, 2022 at 07:46 AM.