Thread: Paper for Journal Binding

Thanks

Default Paper for Journal Binding

Hi,
    I'm looking to bind my own journal. I bind all my day planners, smaller notebooks, etc., and use the HP premium laser paper in 8.5 x 11. I print the lines, dots, and squares on my home printer. For my journal, though, I would like to make something wider, which I could do with 8.5 x 14 paper or larger. I can't find HP premium in that size. If anyone knows where to get that, I'd appreciate the source!

I have looked at paper from bookbinding sites that sell full sheets (broadsheet sized) that I could cut to size, but there's no way to know what is fountain pen friendly (and at those prices I can't be too risky.) There seem to be a lot out there intended for ink drawing.

So, does anyone have any ideas as to where I might find 8.5X14 or A3 or larger, blank FPF paper that I could turn into a journal? I'm in the US, but would consider sources outside the US as well.
    Thanks!
    Peter

Thanks

Default Re: Paper for Journal Binding

Hi Plemat,
    I make A4 journals from A3 sheets folded and bound in signatures. You can get plenty of A3 copy paper in ream packets at any stationers but if you want high quality A3 you can get 50 page packets of Tomoe River 52gsm from Amazon.

Thanks

Default Re: Paper for Journal Binding

I’m a huge fan of recycling so my suggestion is to use Dietzgen recycled paper. To get the paper size that you want, maybe consider buying rolled paper?