Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scriptorium

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Default Re: Scriptorium

The FPN PIF hasn't been posted. There is some kind of approval process for new PIFs.

Anyway, I know people are disappointed not to get this one - apart from the recipient of course - so I'll have a rummage around the pen box (shouldn't take long) and see what else I can offer. It may be the Ranga 4C in premium orange ebonite. I say premium, but the only thing premium about it was the cost.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Empty_of_Clouds For This Useful Post:

laurielindly (February 12th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 573 Posts

Empty Cloud,

I'm confused. I thought you were a moderator and therefore cold post on FPN.

Your 51 is a 51. The nib is gold is it not. Super 21s came with steel nibs.

I'm still not clear on the who and why but I guess that issue is resolved and the pen is gone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post

Anyway, I know people are disappointed not to get this one - apart from the recipient of course - so I'll have a rummage around the pen box (shouldn't take long) and see what else I can offer. It may be the Ranga 4C in premium orange ebonite. I say premium, but the only thing premium about it was the cost.
    The pen sounds wonderful, but you shouldn't feel obligated to offer another PIF just so everyone can win; you would never be able to stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    Empty Cloud,

I'm still not clear on the who and why but I guess that issue is resolved and the pen is gone.

I am, but really nothing more than the lowliest of janitors. I daresay that dubious honour will be gone soon.

The nib is gold. I suspect an after market grind.

The issue of the who and why is resolved - some people cannot see past their prejudices it seems. And the pen has indeed gone to a friend in Philly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vespagirl View Post

The pen sounds wonderful, but you shouldn't feel obligated to offer another PIF just so everyone can win; you would never be able to stop.

Obligated? I suppose I do. It's a question of happiness. I don't have a snowball's chance of getting a good lead on what I am looking for. The stuff I've got is mostly not that good.

Thanks

The stuff I've got is mostly not that good.
    Have you considered changing your forum moniker to "Can't See The Silver Linings For The Clouds"?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    Empty Cloud,

I am, but really nothing more than the lowliest of janitors. I daresay that dubious honour will be gone soon.

The nib is gold. I suspect an after market grind.

The issue of the who and why is resolved - some people cannot see past their prejudices it seems. And the pen has indeed gone to a friend in Philly.
    I suspect a factory grind based on the picture I saw.

Before you are a non-moderator change the name of your form to Mabie Todd or something equally simple. I find the" Mabie Todd Research/Special Interest Forum/Group" annoyingly long and unnecessary. A one word title is good enough for all the other brand forums.

until later
    T

Thanks

Nice if it is, it will be going in (hopefully) a Kullock body, then flogged off.

Change the name? Hell's Bells, I can only move posts around in that forum. That's the entirety of my "powers". Told you, just the temporary janitor.

Thanks

Well, my shitty luck continues. The Prototype 51 parts are not the exact same size as my broken 51 Mk1. The section ring sticks out, and the section causes the O ring to bulge.

All in another fuck-up on my part.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

The hood doesn't have a recess for an O ring then. That's a simple fix. Leave it off.

Thanks

Did that but the section ring is wider than the end of the section, so it causes a ridge. Just another lost cause really.

Thanks

Nuts! Now I've got a bag of assorted parts. Todd, if you can do something with them you can have them.

Thanks

Did you buy a new hood and barrel from Ariel Kullock for your Parker 51 and the original section ring from your pen is too big? I'm not sure how that works and wonder if that means that not all Parker 51 section rings are the same size. I know about Kullock's fabulous hoods and barrels, but I wasn't aware that the size of the section ring needed to be taken into account.

So does this mean that before anyone orders a hood and barrel they need to know their section ring size?
    Last edited by Chrissy; February 14th, 2017 at 03:10 AM.

Thanks

Did you see This thread?

That is a fabulous pen

Thanks

Yeah, same issue. My extra barrel and section are not nice colours or anything. It's a prototype dark grey. At $15 I thought it would suitable to replace the cracked barrel on the 51 my mother gave me. Obviously I don't have a clue about these things. One thing is certain though, the Kullock parts do not fit all 51 innards.

Thanks

That's a shame. What exactly do you need to repair your Parker 51?

Thanks

Nuts! Now I've got a bag of assorted parts. Todd, if you can do something with them you can have them.

Everyone should have a 51 that works especially if it came from a mom. I'm headed to the show tomorrow but let's figure this out. The Kullock parts don't always fit first time out. Sometimes they require a second or third date.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 556 Posts

EOC, you're lucky to have FarmBoy's attention.

I pretty much shattered a user-grade P51 Special that I'd just traded a whole bunch of pens for (not knowing the value/cost of beater P51 Specials and not having done due diligence), and through the grace and generosity of Pen Posse and FarmBoy in particular, I have a much better P51 Special that is extra-special because of the transformation from pieces of pen to whole pen. It is one of my cherished memento pens. (I would use it, but... it isn't c/c. Hahahahaha.)

Thanks

I dunno. None of the parts fit together. The end of the barrel of the 51 Mk1 has an ugly weld repair. I've polished it as best I can and it's functional but ugly. The nib doesn't seem to write as it should. Again functional though not quite right. The Kullock parts won't take the Mk1 innards, and the other 51 Demi (I think) parts are too small. Also I cannot get the hood of that one to remove the fat italic nib. I had intended to make one semi-decent pen using the Kullock shell, the Mk1 filler/ring/feed, the Mk1 cap (which is just okay) and the Demi nib.

I think I was over reaching. Based on my previous experiences of trying to do something creative you'd think I would know better. Alas, this monkey has poor learning skills.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Empty_of_Clouds For This Useful Post:

Wade (February 14th, 2017)

Thanks

Boxed up the Scriptorium today. I don't recall ever feeling quite so low about doing this. Even the evanescent joy of giving is having a hard time competing. Still, it had to be done, if I hadn't it would have been my albatross. The recipient is also getting the matching dip pen holder.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Empty_of_Clouds For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (February 24th, 2017)