Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scriptorium

Thanks

Default Re: Scriptorium

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    Boxed up the Scriptorium today. I don't recall ever feeling quite so low about doing this. Even the evanescent joy of giving is having a hard time competing. Still, it had to be done, if I hadn't it would have been my albatross. The recipient is also getting the matching dip pen holder.
    If I may ask, why are you pif'ing this pen? I read the review and it seemed to me that you liked the pen very much.

Thanks

I keep considering going for a scriptorium pen, but can never make up my mind on which one.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

I did like it very much. The material was simply beautiful, and it's unlikely that I will ever see anything like it again. Unfortunately the I made a mistake in design choice and it was bugging me to the point of no longer enjoying the pen. Overall it falls into the the very large category of pens that I have bought in hope, only to find a flaw that removes much of the pleasure.

Yes, I could have sold it I suppose, and gathered at least some of the cost back. Certainly it represents a considerable financial loss. Still, bringing a little sunlight into someone's life is worth it I think.

My biggest regret, across the board, is getting rid of certain pens that I should have kept. In particular a Parker Duofold Streamline and a Watermans' 92 in steel quartz (with a red nib). Absolutely kicking myself for that because, as noted, opportunities for me to acquire decent vintage stuff is almost nil.

Thanks

Unfortunately the I made a mistake in design choice and it was bugging me to the point of no longer enjoying the pen. Overall it falls into the the very large category of pens that I have bought in hope, only to find a flaw that removes much of the pleasure.
    The problem isn't with the pen. (or any of the others)

My biggest regret, across the board, is getting rid of certain pens that I should have kept. In particular a Parker Duofold Streamline and a Watermans' 92 in steel quartz (with a red nib). Absolutely kicking myself for that

free tip: STOP GIVING SHIT AWAY. I KNOW YOU THINK IT HELPS YOUR MYTERDOM AND FEEDS INTO YOUR LONG TALE OF WOE BUT FUCKING STOP. HOLY SELF INFLICTED WOUNDS BATMAN.

Enough with the drama. Just buy a pen and write for crying all night. Go to the store get yourself a fucking Pilot 912 or a 3776 or something and be done with it.

Thanks

Hey! I was only answering the other guys question.

No stores here. Wish there were.

Martyrdom (sp) - puhleaze. I give stuff away because it doesn't fit with what I want, or because I think it may bring someone a little joy. The two I mentioned above were pens I SOLD. Different kettle of bananas all together. The reason for the regret is that I had them at a decent price, sold them and then found the prices and/or availability started moving upward too quickly for me to get back into the market. I am sure we've all been there with one thing or another.

Got 912 with an FA nib. Use it all the time. Haven't got a 3776, not going to either (the reports are not favourable, in my estimation). Looking at an Izumo though.

The only time I've EVER spoken about a pen being bad was when it actually was a bad pen (unforeseen vintage damage and so on). The rest is just me and my search for what aesthetically pleases me.

I like my new Sheaffer Legacy Fantasy very much ... so far. If I could find a stub nib for it then Bob's yer Mum's Bro, as they say round these parts. I also like my Pilot 823, Lamy 2K and Pilot Decimo heaps too.

Thanks

okie. those are nice stories but from the frequent reader of both boards you might wonder what it looks like from the outside looking in, and the way it looks is that you call the waaaaaampulance pretty regularly and frequently and are prerenially unhappy and unsatisfied.

If that is not the case I sincerly look forward to many positive and enthusiastic posts from you in the future. The Legacy is a hell of a pen as is the 823 & the 912 & co. (and i know you are fond of your 88 too (I do read your posts)) ...

coincidentally working an article today and have in my hand .... a Sheaffer Legacy I.

ENJOY

Thanks

Relating to a couple of posts in the middle of this woeful thread.

I am unable to remove the section from the odd looking Parker 51/21 thing. The nib is far too interesting to simply pass up on. The only way I can now see of getting it out of there, and hopefully into a better body, is to cut the section off, sacrificing it basically. Unless anyone has any better suggestions?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 556 Posts

Relating to a couple of posts in the middle of this woeful thread.

I am unable to remove the section from the odd looking Parker 51/21 thing. The nib is far too interesting to simply pass up on. The only way I can now see of getting it out of there, and hopefully into a better body, is to cut the section off, sacrificing it basically. Unless anyone has any better suggestions?

FarmBoy's at the LA Pen Show this weekend, so I doubt he's checking the Internet (I could be wrong). I'd wait a couple of days after the show, maybe Tuesday, Wednesday, then ask him for tips or guidance. He's the Parker Guy.

He might not be THE Parker Guy. I doubt there is only one. But he definitely is a Parker Guy.

Thanks

The section won't come off and is leaking slightly. As I cannot get it off to put any sealant on it... not sure it has any more mileage.

Thanks

So, looking for suggestions on the safest way to forcibly remove the section. Pliers and crack it? Or small saw?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 556 Posts

So, looking for suggestions on the safest way to forcibly remove the section. Pliers and crack it? Or small saw?
    I accidentally used force to remove the cap from the P51 Special that had just rolled off my desk. Section ended up in pieces. But the powers of Pen Posse, an effort headed by FarmBoy with contributions by several Pen Posse pals, healed that pen, with a replacement section, replacement cap, replacement barrel, um... I'm wondering now if there's anything original left on this cherished P51 Special in my Memento case. Wait, I think it's the same barrel.

Yeah.

I know. I had the location, location, location advantage. Still, it took months or even more than a year before all the pieces came together.

Maybe if you posted a photo. Usually a visual sparks the need to give advice.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ethernautrix View Post

Maybe if you posted a photo. Usually a visual sparks the need to give advice.
    Maybe start a new thread also? I thought this thread was about Scriptorium pens?
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot

Thanks

Final update.

It pleases me enormously that the Ghost Koi Balladeer has been reported as having arrived in its new American home and that the new lucky owner is super happy!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KKay View Post
    I watched PIF on FPN, and never saw it come up. Well congrats to the winner regardless.
    Ditto. I did too, and I didn't see it either. Basically I think EoC had promised it to someone who prevaricated about having it until EoC said he was putting it up as a PIF. Then he made his mind up to have it.

Thanks

Actually, the prevaricator was rather rude about the whole thing, so they ruled themselves out. Before it went out to PIF I was talking with a penpal in Philly who offered a trade for it . I couldn't countenance such a transaction between friends and so I simply gave it to her. She is happy, I am happy (a lot poorer, but happy nonetheless).

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Actually, the prevaricator was rather rude about the whole thing, so they ruled themselves out. Before it went out to PIF I was talking with a penpal in Philly who offered a trade for it . I couldn't countenance such a transaction between friends and so I simply gave it to her. She is happy, I am happy (a lot poorer, but happy nonetheless).
    Ah that explains it then. Good for you EoC.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,652 Times in 1,132 Posts

She is happy, I am happy (a lot poorer, but happy nonetheless).
    Then you are richer. Well done.

Thanks

well since this thread is still going? i want a scriptorium too;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

So do I but the wait would kill me...