Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scriptorium

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Default Scriptorium

Just offered my Scriptorium Balladeer up for a giveaway on FPN. It's waiting on mod approval before being posted, and the pen has been offered to another member so the PIF is conditional on what they say. They are not talking to me right now, so I don't know how long I should wait.

Anyway, if anyone is interested go and look over there.

Be advised that this will not go to a newer member, the recipient will be chosen by me and based on my private criteria.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 573 Posts

Default Re: Scriptorium

Who is not talking and why?

Thanks

The initial offered recipient. Because (most likely) the impression is from most people (here and there) that I am not a nice guy. I've given away hundreds of dollars worth of pens and inks*, asked for very little beyond a fair chance, and I'm not a nice guy. Says it all really.

*if anyone thinks that I can afford to do this then you are very much mistaken.

Thanks

I don't know anything of what has happened, but, especially as someone relatively new to this hobby, thank you for contributing to the PIF program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

You are a nice guy.

An absolutely champion complainer, a fuss-pot, almost comically and perennially unsatisfied and seemingly hell bent on some kind of epic endless-woe-is-me-a-thon. You are quite dramatic too (how many times have you given everything away quit the boards only to be back in days?) but you do seem like a nice guy and are seemingly very generous (though you have never answered my pms over on fpn).

You should look into Buddhism. It might help you. </wink>

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stub For This Useful Post:

catbert (February 12th, 2017), Crazyorange (February 24th, 2017), dneal (February 12th, 2017)

Thanks

Haha! You sent me pms? Nothing in my inbox. <just looked>

Even though I say it myself, yes, I am actually a nice guy. In conversation I just like to explore ideas, often forgetting that a lot of people have hang-ups and boundaries and so on. In work I drive my boss crazy because I won't take credit for anything - I work for other people, helping them to get professional recognition. That's just what I do. It pains me when people try to force any kind of reward on me.

Generous? I guess I am. I think people today are far to concerned with what they have and what they can get - me too in many ways - and while it is financially ruinous for me to give stuff away, I still do it. It's what poor people do.

With pens, if there's something I don't like then I shall say so. Even if it means that I feel I have wasted my money. I'm honest and open like that.

I just received what I thought was a Parker 51 with a fat oblique nib. Now I think I may have been duped and that it is a Parker Super 21, but I cannot be sure, and I suspect that the seller did not know either (I have no reason to suspect that they did).

Anyway, the Scriptorium was offered to another FPN member. They have just rather boorishly dismissed the offer, so now it goes open to others. I am waiting for FPN to approve the PIF for the relevant forum. If that doesn't happen then I'll do it here. However, I am no longer offering these things to random recipients. Someone will be chosen based on what I think of them.

Edit: I am a follower of the dharma - ch'an (zen) and Pure Land. Have been for a few years now. Obviously I have tons more work to do in this regard!

Thanks

The pms were a long time ago, twice when you were flipping pens, I believe a Parker you didn't like and a Sheaffer. Quite a long time ago.

I am confused why you are pif-ing that pen. I know you said you could not get on with the cap design and it sounded like Scriptorium was going to help you out with that.

Did you not get the new cap? Does the pen not write well? If it is a fine pen why not use it as is? The pen looks like blueberries & cream. haha.

I wish you the best in your quest.

I have a couple Pilots, Platinum 3776, 2 Sailors, and a small army of vintage pens, many with warts and bent or missing bits, brassing, etc. I love them all.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to stub For This Useful Post:

Wade (February 12th, 2017)

Thanks

I'm new here and don't know all the background, but seems like you're being more than fair and a nice person.

Thanks

Be yourself, no point in people liking you trying to be someone else. I spent my whole life trying to be what I thought the world wanted me to be, and I was unhappy. One day I stopped trying to be liked and started be me, my group of friends is smaller but the friendships I have are very close and very honest, coupled with my wonderful family, I am an infinitely happier person. So my advice just be yourself and those who matter will find you.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RocketRyan For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (February 12th, 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RocketRyan View Post
    Be yourself, no point in people liking you trying to be someone else. I spent my whole life trying to be what I thought the world wanted me to be, and I was unhappy. One day I stopped trying to be liked and started be me, my group of friends is smaller but the friendships I have are very close and very honest, coupled with my wonderful family, I am an infinitely happier person. So my advice just be yourself and those who matter will find you.

I dunno. I spent my whole life being myself. It still sucked.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stub View Post

I dunno. I spent my whole life being myself. It still sucked.
    Ha ha it's not always an easy ride, but we should try to enjoy it

Thanks

Ha ha it's not always an easy ride, but we should try to enjoy it

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stub For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (February 24th, 2017), ethernautrix (February 12th, 2017), Jon Szanto (February 12th, 2017)

Thanks

Well I'm definitely interested. I see no thread there yet. What a great PIF, wow.

Thanks

generousity is not how much you give but HOW you give. (The widow and the two pennies vs the Pharisee loudly dropping the gold and silver coins for all to hear.) put in another way, I may give alot of money to the government for taxes but I am not generous.

Thanks

Don't think I meet the criteria, but good luck to those that do, a very generous pif

Thanks

The pen has been claimed. It will be making it's final trip back to the States in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks

generousity is not how much you give but HOW you give. (The widow and the two pennies vs the Pharisee loudly dropping the gold and silver coins for all to hear.) put in another way, I may give alot of money to the government for taxes but I am not generous.
    Indeed, though I am not a Bible-thumper so have only inference to go on with regard your reference. The point would seem clear. Normally I don't make a big deal, or any kind of deal, about giving stuff away. I will if someone criticises me for it. Unfortunately there are lot of people on this site, FPN, and indeed in 'real life' who are looking to take advantage all the time. So I only do this in a targetted fashion nowadays. I want these pens to go to people who may appreciate them, not just grabbing stuff to sell on.

Thanks

Nothing worse than a pen or person not appreciated. I think everyone won today.

Thanks

Don't think I could sell a gift. My wife could though, she holds no sentiment with objects.in actually mourned when I lost my late nans speed peeler.

Thanks

I watched PIF on FPN, and never saw it come up. Well congrats to the winner regardless.