Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's make America Grate Again.

Thanks

Default Re: Let's make America Grate Again.

Scoring a hit was never the point, chip. 😂😂

Thanks
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,318 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    What do you call it when two desperados face off and empty their pistols at close range while never scoring a hit?

No Chip, it's just one desperado (Chuck) and me holding up a mirror to him.

FFS, he posted this in The Lounge. Seriously Chuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    Who is Noodlers? LOL!!

But I don't expect you to understand, Chip. It doesn't dawn on you that I do it to you too.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Ever get a text from Trump? Be sure to uncheck the box making it a reoccurring monthly contribution. And if you really think you are the one millionth contributor, think again.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,318 Posts

Ever get a text from Trump? Be sure to uncheck the box making it a reoccurring monthly contribution. And if you really think you are the one millionth contributor, think again.
    Thanks for sharing your personal experience!!! LOL!!!
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Thanks for sharing your personal experience!!! LOL!!!
    It was a journalist's experience. LOL!! Sorry to disappoint.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,422 Posts

I guess America isn't gonna get so great via Trump's platform. Or at least no time soon:

Reuters.com: Exclusive: Two key tech execs quit Truth Social after troubled app launch.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/e...ch-2022-04-04/

Thanks

The more I read the more I am coming to see that what Trump did had been being done since the founding. Different players, but the same idea that some need to be ruled by white men who are affluent and whose success came because they had money/land, were benefitted by government legislation, and were individuals who claimed the myth of being self made and in no need of government. This theme has played out over and over. The whine, "I want my country back" has never been answered. I am not sure those who say it even know what they want. More likely, the are just unhappy with how things turned out for them. This led them to support a mythological figure, "Trump the successful business man" that Putin and a TV program created. Trump appears to some as another myth, the cowboy. A rugged individualist who made his mark on the Western landscape. The woman served to bear children, make a home, or be a prostitute. When you consider Trump, he fits the mold doesn't he?

Along with this mythology, and consistent with history, the Chinese, Mexican, and African American, along with the woman were excluded as were poor whites without land who worked for the white oligarchs. When African Americans were successful, they were destroyed as in Tulsa, or lynched.

For some saying these things cause them to think those that say such are "woke". So, each of us have to decide to be either woke or believe the reinventions of history. Those that are disgruntled will continue to destroy democracy. They will not be happy until they get what they want, and then they will not like what they get.

"And I look at the current situation with confidence. Ultimately, people want to stand out and fit in. They want to feel their lives have dignity, that they are respected for who they are. They also want to feel membership in moral communities. Right now, many people feel disrespected by the West. They are casting their lot with authoritarian leaders who speak to their resentments and their national pride. But those leaders don’t actually recognize them. For those authoritarians — from Trump to Putin — their followers are just instruments in their own search for self-aggrandizement.

At the end of the day, only democracy and liberalism are based on respect for the dignity of each person. At the end of the day, only these systems and our worldviews offer the highest fulfillment for the drives and desires I’ve tried to describe here.

I’ve lost confidence in our ability to predict where history is headed and in the idea that as nations “modernize” they develop along some predictable line. I guess it’s time to open our minds up to the possibility that the future may be very different from anything we expected.

The Chinese seem very confident that our coalition against Putin will fall apart. Western consumers won’t be able to tolerate the economic sacrifice. Our alliances will fragment. The Chinese also seem convinced that they will bury our decadent systems before too long. These are not possibilities that can be dismissed out of hand.

But I have faith in the ideas and the moral systems that we have inherited. What we call “the West” is not an ethnic designation or an elitist country club. The heroes of Ukraine are showing that at its best, it is a moral accomplishment, and unlike its rivals, it aspires to extend dignity, human rights and self-determination to all. That’s worth reforming and working on and defending and sharing in the decades ahead."
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/08/o...lture-war.html
    Last edited by Chuck Naill; April 8th, 2022 at 06:53 AM.

Thanks

The Christian Fundamentalists opposed gender equality referring to the Bible as how the family and females should live. Men were to rule, and some men rule over all.

Thanks

Guess Trump won't be making the USA great again via Twitter money:

POLITICO: Judge tosses Trump suit against Twitter - POLITICO.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...itter-00030825

Thanks

Oops, you lost again:

Axios: Judge dismisses Trump lawsuit against New York AG Letitia James.

https://www.axios.com/2022/05/27/jud...it-new-york-ag

Thanks

Here's the orange bigot turning his vile attention on transgender students. The article claims that Trump knows exactly what he is doing and is consciously tweaking his derision of marginalized students from event to event. Noteworthy: these mocking comments toward trans students get some of the biggest laughs from the crowd. The Bigot-in-Chief among his cohort.

POLITICO Playbook: Trump's new obsession.

https://www.politico.com/newsletters...ssion-00035857

Make America "great" again, Donnie!

Thanks

He said he’s the only one that doesn’t mind being politically incorrect.

All others are moral and have character. Or, are smart enough to keep their nonsense to themselves.

Thanks

Another group (white supremacist) hoping to make America great again :.

https://apnews.com/article/coeur-dal...04106c85f673c3

Thanks

Se that at 6 am today

Thanks

Boston had the "pleasure" of a visit from the Patriot Front this holiday weekend.

Fine group of (white, racist, anti-semitic) men.

If you don't know them, here is a lengthy description of their history, positions, and activities, from the ADL: https://www.adl.org/resources/backgr.../patriot-front

Just some well-informed, open-minded white young men trying to make America great again!

Thanks

Did they ride in a U Haul?

Thanks

Biden bestows the Presidental Medal of Freedom on
    "and Khizr Khan, the Gold Star father of a soldier killed in Iraq whose criticism of Donald J. Trump during the 2016 presidential campaign made him a hero of Democrats."

Amen!!

And Trump was an ass toward this man and his family. It should have given other Americans a reason not to vote for him.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Naill For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (July 5th, 2022)

Thanks

In an effort to make America better, a sixth man was exonerated today out of the sweep of possible black male "rapists" around the Central Park 5 case.

This case was when I first saw the divisive, lying, racist side of Donald Trump. He couldn't keep himself away from cameras, so it was all out in the open for us to see.

NPR: A 6th teenager charged in the 1989 Central Park jogger case is exonerated.

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/26/11136...-is-exonerated

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    In an effort to make America better, a sixth man was exonerated today out of the sweep of possible black male "rapists" around the Central Park 5 case.

This case was when I first saw the divisive, lying, racist side of Donald Trump. He couldn't keep himself away from cameras, so it was all out in the open for us to see.

NPR: A 6th teenager charged in the 1989 Central Park jogger case is exonerated.

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/26/11136...-is-exonerated

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    He has a long history. Anyone who read his niece's book will understand. Nothing has changed.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Naill For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (July 26th, 2022)

Thanks

Ouch. In Milley's resignation (that didn't happen) letter. He basically calls Trump a racist fascist:

Yahoo News: Gen. Milley drafted scathing letter of resignation to Trump after Lafayette Square.

https://news.yahoo.com/milley-resign...154956873.html